CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 14, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #20,971 of 31,831

The double winged crowned king arrived..Lets see if its worth the bells and whistles.. It will be reviewed in full at http://kulakligim.net but a brief pros and cons will be coming in first.
damn bro....i just copy paste your first impressions. now i know your headfi identity. still curious for MORE impressions! share it here.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #20,972 of 31,831
oh....and forgot to say. I review the TRN V90 here on headfi and my blog.

as always i got problem with TRN timbre, but apart from that and sloppy bass, i think its the best TRN yet.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #20,973 of 31,831
damn bro....i just copy paste your first impressions. now i know your headfi identity. still curious for MORE impressions! share it here.

Yes cover blown yeah. I Tamirci am Mahir Efe Falay. Btw Tamirci means Fixer in Turkish. I am a psychotheraphist and I FIX peoples psychologies.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #20,974 of 31,831
Yes cover blown yeah. I Tamirci am Mahir Efe Falay. Btw Tamirci means Fixer in Turkish. I am a psychotheraphist and I FIX peoples psychologies.

Good Lord, if you’re a psychotheraphist, and you’re as addicted to audiophile stuff as the rest of us, then there is definitely no hope for our obsession lol

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #20,975 of 31,831
Good Lord, if you’re a psychotheraphist, and you’re as addicted to audiophile stuff as the rest of us, then there is definitely no hope for our obsession lol

Don't therapists often have their own therapist?

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #20,978 of 31,831
LOL. Have the same toughs...in fact, a more positive one...like: can you help us solve this impulsive-compulsive-obsessive compensation behavior?

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #20,979 of 31,831
Quick first impressions of the **** Pro...
Cable is the same, tips are VASTLY better, fit is a little better as I'm able to wear these tip down as designed. Timbre didn't bother me on the ****, but I think those who complained about timbre before will be pleased. What's not so great is the fact that the original had no sibilance in the treble while the pro does. The amount isn't a deal breaker but it's a definite downgrade from the original. Overall my initial impressions are positive, but not as positive as the original at least for now. The original improved considerably with burn in though so we'll see if the same holds true for the pro.

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #20,980 of 31,831
Finally got my **** Pro! Without further ado here are my impressions after playing with them to my heart's content. I am not a believer in burning in earphones for 100 hrs with white pink or orange noise.

Fit and Isolation - Fit is snug and using them cable down makes it all the more easy to use. New stock tips provided which are similar to what I got with my BLON's is a major upgrade from the standard version. Thankfully they ditched those hideous red tips! Isolation is decent for indoors. Whilst traveling some ambient noise peeps in but considering they're semi-open back this was expected.

Accessories - Bare bones. A clip and two sets of replacement tips which is fairly standard in this price bracket. So no complaints here although everyone would like to have an extra set of tips or a pouch thrown in the box.

Sound - SQ is essentially same as it's predecessor with some refreshing tweaks.

Treble is sparkling, airy, and has tons of details. No harshness although at times the ssss does standout on certain tracks. I noticed this on standard version as well but it's less frequent in the Pro version. Cymbals do sound thin as well. Highs have nothing to write home about. They could have been refined but it seems like the piezo is high on steroids in Pro version.

Mids are crisp and clear. Mids have good representation lending a sweet weight to overall musicality of IEM. Female and male both vocals sound equally good with openness. It feels like one is listening to a live performance. This is something which made **** a cult and the Pro version certainly is carrying on the legacy.

Bass is huuuuge and deeep! Sub-bass takes precedence over midbass thus making them sound clean. Midbass bleed is next to non-existent at least to my ears which is a most welcome enhancement. Bassheads - with tips+eq this can make you glee like a kid in candy store. The bass can give BL03 a run for it's money that too with completely stock set-up. It's my favorite part in the sound signature.

Soundstage is huge similar to it's predecessor and those who loved **** soundstage surely won't complain here. Timbre, the FAQ about these iem, is improved visibly but is this enough? IMO, yes. For once, the acoustic instruments don't sound tinny. If I were to compare, the timbre is closest to KB100 which I consider as best sub $50 for a hybrid. It is not as good as KB100 but is in the same ilk. It won't disappoint those who love timbre of hybrids and those who love DD timbre (myself included) it is something that I can live with.

Comparison with **** - A huge improvement over the standard version at a fraction of cost. Better timbre, bass and equally good soundstage make them a worthy successor. At $25, it's great option for those who don't own **** and those who own, should find this a substantial upgrade. Purchasing them is a personal call and my recommendation should not influence that.

That's all folks! Happy listening.

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #20,981 of 31,831
Finally got my **** Pro! Without further ado here are my impressions after playing with them to my heart's content. I am not a believer in burning in earphones for 100 hrs with white pink or orange noise.

Fit and Isolation - Fit is snug and using them cable down makes it all the more easy to use. New stock tips provided which are similar to what I got with my BLON's is a major upgrade from the standard version. Thankfully they ditched those hideous red tips! Isolation is decent for indoors. Whilst traveling some ambient noise peeps in but considering they're semi-open back this was expected.

Accessories - Bare bones. A clip and two sets of replacement tips which is fairly standard in this price bracket. So no complaints here although everyone would like to have an extra set of tips or a pouch thrown in the box.

Treble is sparkling, airy, and has tons of details. No harshness although at times the ssss does standout on certain tracks. I noticed this on standard version as well but it's less frequent in the Pro version. Cymbals do sound thin as well. Highs have nothing to write home about. They could have been refined but it seems like the piezo is high on steroids in Pro version.

Mids are crisp and clear. Mids have good representation lending a sweet weight to overall musicality of IEM. Female and male both vocals sound equally good with openness. It feels like one is listening to a live performance. This is something which made **** a cult and the Pro version certainly is carrying on the legacy.

Bass is huuuuge and deeep! Sub-bass takes precedence over midbass thus making them sound clean. Midbass bleed is next to non-existent at least to my ears which is a most welcome enhancement. Bassheads - with tips+eq this can make you glee like a kid in candy store. The bass can give BL03 a run for it's money that too with completely stock set-up. It's my favorite part in the sound signature.

Soundstage is huge similar to it's predecessor and those who loved **** soundstage surely won't complain here. Timbre, the FAQ about these iem, is improved visibly but is this enough? IMO, yes. For once, the acoustic instruments don't sound tinny. If I were to compare, the timbre is closest to KB100 which I consider as best sub $50 for a hybrid. It is not as good as KB100 but is in the same ilk. It won't disappoint those who love timbre of hybrids and those who love DD timbre (myself included) it is something that I can live with.

Comparison with **** - A huge improvement over the standard version at a fraction of cost. Better timbre, bass and equally good soundstage make them a worthy successor. At $25, it's great option for those who don't own **** and those who own, should find this a substantial upgrade. Purchasing them is a personal call and my recommendation should not influence that.

Great impression, better timbre and bigger sub bass than mid bass is all that i need. Is the timbre passable (ok only), good, or great?

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #20,982 of 31,831
Great impression, better timbre and bigger sub bass than mid bass is all that i need. Is the timbre passable (ok only), good, or great?

It's okay if you like DD timbre. It's good if you had complaints with **** timbre. That's how I'll sum it up.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #20,983 of 31,831
Don't therapists often have their own therapist?
It's called a spouse...

My wife is a psychologist and she has all kinds of technical terms for my headphone (uhm) "collection". :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #20,984 of 31,831
It's called a spouse...

My wife is a psychologist and she has all kinds of technical terms for my headphone (uhm) "collection". :)

strange.. my wife don't say much.. but every time new package arrive, she just look at me, sigh, and shake her head slowly :dt880smile:

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #20,985 of 31,831

How are sub bass and bass compared to blon-03? I wanted a flat sound like tin t2, but not anemic in the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back