CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 4, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #20,672 of 31,831
Well they are not bright and harsh in treble contrary to many reports, it's just that they have a very controlled bass, unlike most of the bloated until vomit competition (*cough* blon *cough*) so they appear maybe bright for ppl accustomed to v-shaped.

BLON bass is fine with the correct tips. All over the place and bloomy without. I agree on the T2 treble point though. I wouldn't say one was better than the other particularly, just different.

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #20,673 of 31,831
Hibiscus can be bought for ~$45 during 11.11 with coupons and discounts. As a sub 50 DLC IEM it's very tempting. I've got my eyes on them for sure. Might have to ditch BT20S for this month thanks to my miser wallet. **** Pro is already in the way along with N3+ so 11.11 is solely focused on Hibiscus. Hoping to find a sweet deal with coupon stacking and all that jazz.

The cheapest price I see is $55 for 11/11. Can you please tell me how to get even a lower price?

So I decided to buy the Tin T2 and Blon 03 for 11/11. I thought those two are different enough to buy two instead of buying one IEM for double the price.. or?
Anyways, the big 11/11 sale is not as big, obviusly, since the prices have been lower just a few weeks ago.
Also, people are saying to wait for the Tin T4 because it's the next best thing, as always with Chi-Fi, but from what I'm seeing, the price will be around $100 and it's a single DD. I know more drivers don't mean better but the T2 had two DD. Is it really worth to pay for times more for T4?

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #20,674 of 31,831
I think Blon and Tin complement each other very well. BLON is much bassier and slightly more musical. Tin is more detailed. Both respond well to amplification. If you want to drive from a phone, buy one or the other and put the money towards a cheap amp.

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #20,678 of 31,831
The cheapest price I see is $55 for 11/11. Can you please tell me how to get even a lower price?

So I decided to buy the Tin T2 and Blon 03 for 11/11. I thought those two are different enough to buy two instead of buying one IEM for double the price.. or?
Anyways, the big 11/11 sale is not as big, obviusly, since the prices have been lower just a few weeks ago.
Also, people are saying to wait for the Tin T4 because it's the next best thing, as always with Chi-Fi, but from what I'm seeing, the price will be around $100 and it's a single DD. I know more drivers don't mean better but the T2 had two DD. Is it really worth to pay for times more for T4?

Just stack coupons collected from aliexpress and sometimes u can get around 10 - 15 dollars off a purchase during sales. I made a small post about the various types of aliexpress coupons u can get here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2963#post-15278820

Ya tuning is more important than driver count for sure. There's cheap single DDs like the BLONs, and expensive DDs like the JVC HA FDX01 (~ $250 - 280 USD). Price is subjective though, doesn't matter squat if it's the most expensive IEM in the galaxy and you don't like the sound signature. And usually there's diminishing returns beyond a certain price point, though Tin HIFI is quite well regarded here.
Anyway, these CHIFI products are more expensive at launch price. Just wait a few months, the price will drop most of the time. There'll always be another hypetrain CHIFI release round the corner, and always sales all year round, so just spend on what u are comfortable with.

Any recommendations? I've been thinking about getting an amp for a bit.

I do use a Fiio A3 amp with my smartphone and desktop sometimes, no frills, good battery life (16 hours) and has gain and bass boost switch. Built like a tank. It has no DAC though, but quite slim and portable.
Others use a DAC/AMP dongle like the Hidizs sonata HD, but there are more expensive dongles recently released with better specs too.

Nov 5, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #20,679 of 31,831
I've got a Geekout 450 and Little Dot 1+ and MK3. Though I also have an ES 100 on the way which will be more portable than trying to use the 450 on the go. I had an SMSL iQ for a bit which was excellent but lacked the power to drive any of my over ear stuff.

In the context of the BLON and the Tin, the actual amp used isn't so important as that one is used. They both like power. Without, the Tin sounds flat and lifeless and the Blon sounds fat and bloated.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #20,680 of 31,831
I'll put it here. As i see GuideRays are still uncovered on Head-fi, and they can be good purchase on 11.11. For me all of those minuses on review are pluses.

upload_2019-11-5_7-48-52.gif

upload_2019-11-5_7-48-52.gif

You can clearly hear tonal balance diferences and clarity.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #20,681 of 31,831
As soon as I hear the word GuideRay I switch off tbh. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about BLON and for the same reason.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #20,682 of 31,831
As soon as I hear the word GuideRay I switch off tbh. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about BLON and for the same reason.
I don't understand why. All of your iems was massive hyped before, and it was feeded by lot of words.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #20,683 of 31,831
I'll put it here. As i see GuideRays are still uncovered on Head-fi, and they can be good purchase on 11.11. For me all of those minuses on review are pluses.

You can clearly hear tonal balance diferences and clarity.

I guess it depends what sound signature u prefer and what are the usual genres of music u listen to, cause it's comparing apples and oranges, the different tranducer types have their strengths and weaknesses. The guideray will probably win in clarity as it is a hybrid with a dedicated BA driver, compared to the single DD BLON. Plus the BLON needs aftermarket eartips +/- cable, +/- good source to sound good, rather than just out of the box.

I was pretty interested in the guideray until I saw most FR and reviewers reported a harsh/bright treble, which is the tradeoff for getting more details in the treble frequencies. So nothing right or wrong, we all have our opinions and preferences for tuning, I think more good CHIFI options at the sub $50 USD range can only be beneficial for us consumers.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #20,684 of 31,831
I guess it depends what sound signature u prefer and what are the usual genres of music u listen to, cause it's comparing apples and oranges, the different tranducer types have their strengths and weaknesses. The guideray will probably win in clarity as it is a hybrid with a dedicated BA driver, compared to the single DD BLON. Plus the BLON needs aftermarket eartips +/- cable, +/- good source to sound good, rather than just out of the box.

I was pretty interested in the guideray until I saw most FR and reviewers reported a harsh/bright treble, which is the tradeoff for getting more details in the treble frequencies. So nothing right or wrong, we all have our opinions and preferences for tuning, I think more good CHIFI options at the sub $50 USD range can only be beneficial for us consumers.
GuideRays have some sybilance apearing before burning-in. After that is smooth.
Cons of Blon is that highs roll-off, and separation and holography isn't the best.
I'm listening electronic generes, like berlin techno, psy-trance, idm, ambient.

Which options? I'm really intrested in :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #20,685 of 31,831
GuideRays have some sybilance apearing before burning-in. After that is smooth.
Cons of Blon is that highs roll-off, and separation and holography isn't the best.
I'm listening electronic generes, like berlin techno, psy-trance, idm, ambient.

Which options? I'm really intrested in :)

Yep definitely agree with u that the BLON is not the best in separation and soundstage. It excels more at timbre and tonality. IMHO, I think the BLONs are not the best option for synthetic instruments like the genres u are listening to, especially if u require separation for complex and fast instrumentation, the BLON lags a bit in these areas. I find the BLONs better suited for acoustic instruments and slower genres. YMMV.

The guideray will probably suit u better for these genres that u listen to. And as I said, the more good CHIFI options we have for us customers (like the BLONs and guiderays), that can only benefit us, as we have different choices to suit our preferences and music genres.

I do listen to EDM occasionally and I found the **** ($16 USD) to be good for soundstage and instrument separation/clarity/details, though it was not very accurate in timbre for acoustic instruments. Another set I use for EDM is the TFZ No. 3 (though it is ~ 85ish USD during sales), great subbass extension and quantity, and good clarity/details. Though sounstage is average and there is some spike at the 2 - 4 kHz and 8 kHz frequencies. I've read good reviews about the recently released TRN V90, KZ ZSX and CCA C12, those may have better instrument separation and details than the single DD BLON, so worth checking those out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back