1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. citral23
    Agreed, rolled tips and settled with spinfits, still find the nozzle too short, but they replaced my kb100 as "carry everyday in backpack" as I find them superior in sound overall.

Put a black cable and painted the connector too, so they look okish like that imo

[​IMG]

2. mbwilson111
    Great idea to color the connector.

3. subwoof3r
    I received my NiceHCK DB3 today, just spent 1 minute with them before going back to work, but I'm impressed! can't wait to go back home :D
    Long time I did not enjoyed IEMs sound from this quality. For the price, it's just stunning.
    They are currently burn-ing. I will make a full review of it soon :) (photos already taken)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. harry501501
    Wow, 'stunning' after one minute... that's possibly the quickest review I've ever heard :).

They are good value though.

NymPHONOmaniac and subwoof3r like this.
  5. harry501501
    Yeah, i put a max of £20 in... never thinking nobody else would bid lol. Had to laugh when I saw I won it at that price.

Knowing my luck I'll open the box and there'll be nothing but a photo of the earphones with a letter saying, "for 78p here's a picture of me wearing the TX601".

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  6. FastAndClean
    i just made a comparison between DT6 and BL3
    DT6 have a lot of air at the top, more than BL3, the mids on BL3 are fuller and more natural, bass have similar quantity, probably a tad more on BL3
    the timber - not even close, BL3 is in a whole different level, a lot more natural from top to bottom, DT6 is still very enjoyable for me with instrumental music like Hans Zimmer and various electronic music though
    the treble is a bit bright for me on DT6, before it was spot on but now is at my limits

ShakyJake, Narayan23, stryed and 4 others like this.
  7. harry501501
    Had them both at hand so did the same out of curiosity and must say near enough agree with you entirely. Pretty close in note weight, I'd agree the BL3 is fuller but it's not by much. Bass I agree BL3 has tad more depth, slightly more musical too, DT6 bit faster decay which can make it a little cold for me, but still full enough. Vocals are very similar, BL3 having bit more emotion with that added colour. For me treble is nicely done on the Dt6, I personally prefer it compared to the BL3 and that bit more air gives it slightly better separation. Soundstage very very similar. But yes, BL3 the more natural sounding bottom to top and music just flows far better.

May do a comparison later with the BL3 and the Venture Elec BIE which I've only recently had and enjoy.

8. ldo77
    What cable do you use with the DT6 ?

9. SiggyFraud
    I used the Nicehck 8-core copper cable, but recently went back to stock cable. It's the newer kind - black and braided. It works fine, but is a bit tangly above the splitter.

10. CoiL
    I feel basically same with my KPE (modded) vs. BL-03

Wouldn`t call KPE mids bit recessed, rather just "floating" but otherwise agree about KPE vs. BL-03. Bolded parts I agree 100%.

Seems so.

Nevertheless, BL-03 has GREAT SQ vs. price value.
    Will not post my full impressions and graphs before I get my VE BIE (landed, have to go and pick up from city) and do some "burn-in" (without listening).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  11. ldo77
    Thanks and funny because I use the 2 same cables :wink: ... Depending on the DAP

SiggyFraud likes this.
  12. voon
    What's the most isolating chifi IEM in this segment, that still sounds good? Like some etymotics etc in terms of stopping outside noise as much as possible?

13. Slater
    Typically, the most isolating IEMs that also sound good are going to be all-BA IEMs that are made with solid resin bodies. They generally have no vents on the shell, and the solid body dampens sounds from leaking out.

Some examples of what I’m referring to (although not necessarily in your budget) would be IEMs like Audiosense T800, Magaosi K3, Magaosi K5, and many others. There’s a reason such IEMs are used by performers as stage monitors, because they are so isolating.

A super budget earphone that has ridiculous isolation, and sounds good for the price is the KZ ZS4 and ZS3E. They are v shaped tuning, which may or may not be what you’re after. You just said “sounds good”, which could mean a lot of things...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  14. harry501501
    The stock cable, which i really like. Don't think I've tried it with any other cable actually. Hmm, may do that now :)

15. oneula
    man I remember now why I unsubscribed from this thread

Just within the last week I'm tapped out ordering the following from AE

Senfer DT6
    TY Hi-Z AWK-F 150TS
    Fengru DIY Tingo TC200
    FAAEL Snow Lotus 1.0 64ohm
    DIY PK2 SR2
    Moondrop ShiroYuki
    HE 150PRO 150ohm
    AstroTec S80 TWE

need to calm down and unsubscribe again until 11/10