CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 12, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #20,251 of 31,831
yes, the other one is HQ10, it has even more mids than B5, fuller too, it is quite special, for some it will be too much but for me it is amazing, addictive
See I hated the Hisenior B5, pretty as it was.
There was no definition in the pair I had. I sent them back. I’m wondering now if they were out of phase...

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #20,252 of 31,831
DD's and BA's are always competing especially on hi-end details, but Piezo's brings out the wonders of the micro-world for a fraction of $300 US dollar plus units! :point_left::yum:...have I mentioned LZ A6 or LZ A6mini?

-Clear :wink:

Speaking of the LZ A6mini, it's actually under $100 now (down from the $180 MSRP). I mentioned in the deals thread this ebay seller who has it for $79 (+$2.99 SpeedPAK shipping):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LZ-A6mini-...igh-Resolution-In-Ear-Headphones/133159623204

I also recently received Penon Audio's October deals newsletter, where they have coupon codes for the LZ Z04A ($30 after coupon), LZ Z05A ($35 after coupon), and A6mini ($90 after coupon).

In the world of DD + piezo, there is also the Artiste DC1, which goes for around $30 on AliExpress.

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #20,253 of 31,831
Speaking of the LZ A6mini, it's actually under $100 now (down from the $180 MSRP). I mentioned in the deals thread this ebay seller who has it for $79 (+$2.99 SpeedPAK shipping):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LZ-A6mini-...igh-Resolution-In-Ear-Headphones/133159623204

I also recently received Penon Audio's October deals newsletter, where they have coupon codes for the LZ Z04A ($30 after coupon), LZ Z05A ($35 after coupon), and A6mini ($90 after coupon).

In the world of DD + piezo, there is also the Artiste DC1, which goes for around $30 on AliExpress.

Artiste dc1 is so MEH. I wrote a review of it last week but after the joy of **** I got crashed down by the sound of it.

Thank god I received it for free.

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #20,254 of 31,831
How would u compare your BLON BL-03 with Moondrop Kanas and MT100?
Out of the three, I only have the BL03 and the MT100, but I can personally tell you that both are equally good, but different. So, in this case one might not be better than the other. I like the BL03 for it's smooth sub-bass and transparent upper range. But, in the other hand, I like the MT100 just as much for it's open and clear upper range plus the very w-i-d-e soundstage it nicely displays.

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #20,255 of 31,831
I'm looking to buy an iem, using my galaxy s7 as source and i want to try a balanced output setup. Which one would you choose?

-**** **** Or
-Blon 03
-(Or something even better in this pricerange?)

And which budget-friendly setup works best with these? (Tips /balanced cable/balanced amp+dac)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #20,256 of 31,831
I'm looking to buy an iem, using my galaxy s7 as source. Which one would you choose?

-**** **** Or
-Blon 03
-(Or something better in this pricerange)

And which budget-friendly extras work best with them? (Tips & cable & amp/dac)

I have both and I like the Blon BL-03 more because I mostly listen to acoustic, jazz or classical. Blon definitely has better timbre and tonality.

I also like the fit of Blon better, **** is quite heavy and doesn't disappear as much as BL-03.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #20,257 of 31,831
Really need some idea of a preferred sound signature and music taste to advise on which one. The **** is banned from discussion here so I can't recommend that.

The Blon works well with the stock tips from the Sony MH755. I've also had good results with Symbio MandarinEs. The stock cable is OK but doesn't help with the fit. Good aftermarket cables don't fit directly (2 pin leave some plastic exposed and QDC is the wrong shape.

The Blon does need amping up really. If you value detail over musicality the CCA C12 is only a little more on AE right now. The Blon BL-01 is even cheaper. Much lighter in the bass, like a budget version of the Tin T2. It works fine without an amp. The Sony Mh755 is also really really cheap and is the budget headphone if you are more into bass. Either the BL-01 or the MH755 is a better bet than the **** IMO. Though the cable is too short on the Sony so you would need an extension.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #20,258 of 31,831
Anyone willing to compare KZ ZSX ,CCA C12 and the Blon 03, especially in terms of soundstage?
Also, I have heard that the blon 03 could be worn downwards if L/R are switched. Anyone tried that? I'd bother with Slater-like mods (going into jewellery tools to heavy machinery) if thats the case...Its a big plus to have them wearing down. 9tails interests me for this added feat, but multiple BAs and DDs tempt me for their apparent seperation and details...I do not have anything like that besides the old ZS5.

I had the EP10 I did not appreciate the bloatiness, although it had a full sounding quality that I could appreciate, I gave it away. Is the blon03 anything like it?
So many questions, but I am interested in buying one of these 3 or 2 of the 3... I prioritize soundstage over timber as I seem to go back to the **** quite a lot and have the IT01 for more serious ttracks.
Any impressions appreciated :D

I could be a good boy and not buy anything, but it seems like there has been leaps and bounds that I've missed.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #20,259 of 31,831
Blon 03 has some tonal weirdnesses which can make it a bit bloaty, These can be tuned out with tips, in the end I have used Sony MH755 tips. For me the sound is greàt with these, obviously YMMV and all that. When you get it right the bass extension is immense yet the presence isn't overbearing. The sub bass is something you don't hear or feel, just sense. It's kinda hard to explain but there is something in the sub bass that I don't even get with my massive Wharfedale floorstanding speakers powered by a big old NAD amplifier.

It does sound tighter with amplification, other than my Tin T2 it is the worst using a phone as a source compared to an amp (though it is still one of the better IEMs I own with a phone - it's all relative)

The CCA C12 I chose over the ZSX because of price. I've not listened to it a great deal but it is very very good. None of the hardness of KZs of old about the sound. It's still not as musical as the 03 but then IMO nothing is. I've not heard the ZSX, it's pretty much identical to the C12 I believe. I think the Blon is the no brainer purchase, then either one of the other two based on what you think of the aesthetics, price, or just whatever mood you're in.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #20,260 of 31,831
Anyone willing to compare KZ ZSX ,CCA C12 and the Blon 03, especially in terms of soundstage?
Also, I have heard that the blon 03 could be worn downwards if L/R are switched. Anyone tried that? I'd bother with Slater-like mods (going into jewellery tools to heavy machinery) if thats the case...Its a big plus to have them wearing down. 9tails interests me for this added feat, but multiple BAs and DDs tempt me for their apparent seperation and details...I do not have anything like that besides the old ZS5.

I had the EP10 I did not appreciate the bloatiness, although it had a full sounding quality that I could appreciate, I gave it away. Is the blon03 anything like it?
So many questions, but I am interested in buying one of these 3 or 2 of the 3... I prioritize soundstage over timber as I seem to go back to the **** quite a lot and have the IT01 for more serious ttracks.
Any impressions appreciated :D

I could be a good boy and not buy anything, but it seems like there has been leaps and bounds that I've missed.
BLON BL-03 works fine cable down and L-R switched so long as you use a cable with no ear guides. You may have to tip roll as the fit will change.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #20,261 of 31,831
Blon 03 has some tonal weirdnesses which can make it a bit bloaty, These can be tuned out with tips, in the end I have used Sony MH755 tips. For me the sound is greàt with these, obviously YMMV and all that. When you get it right the bass extension is immense yet the presence isn't overbearing. The sub bass is something you don't hear or feel, just sense. It's kinda hard to explain but there is something in the sub bass that I don't even get with my massive Wharfedale floorstanding speakers powered by a big old NAD amplifier.

It does sound tighter with amplification, other than my Tin T2 it is the worst using a phone as a source compared to an amp (though it is still one of the better IEMs I own with a phone - it's all relative)

The CCA C12 I chose over the ZSX because of price. I've not listened to it a great deal but it is very very good. None of the hardness of KZs of old about the sound. It's still not as musical as the 03 but then IMO nothing is. I've not heard the ZSX, it's pretty much identical to the C12 I believe. I think the Blon is the no brainer purchase, then either one of the other two based on what you think of the aesthetics, price, or just whatever mood you're in.
ZSX sounds quite different from the C12. C12 is brighter and more detailed, whereas ZSX is smoother, more neutral and has a larger soundstage but is more rolled off in the treble. It is closer to the BLON BL-03 than the C12, but is not as lush sounding.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #20,262 of 31,831

Thank you! I was using Spiral Dots but I have switched to MH755 tips and have the best fit so far. Very pleased!

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #20,263 of 31,831
I'd bother with Slater-like mods (going into jewellery tools to heavy machinery) if thats the case...Its a big plus to have them wearing down.

Someone posted the idea of using a simple emery sandpaper board (like what’s used for shaping women’s fingernails). This should work just fine to reshape the Blon 2-pin socket. No heavy machinery needed :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #20,265 of 31,831
Going by the comments i guess i'll go with the blon.
What do i need for a balanced setup with my galaxy s7? (I mean using a balanced cable etc.)

A Galazy has a balanced output? I did not think any phones had that.

I think you need something like the ES100 to pair with your phone. It has balanced and SE outputs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back