CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #20,058 of 31,809
The Rose Mini 2, 4 and 6 are even smaller i believe

Oct 1, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #20,059 of 31,809
I agree about the fit. The stock cable and tips didn't work for me, the angled connectors forced the IEMs out of my ears. With the fit I have now, the BLON is one of the best in my collection but I would like a little more treble presence and life. They make for a very relaxing listen, though.
One of the best in terms of fit or sound?

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #20,060 of 31,809
Oct 1, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #20,061 of 31,809
One of the best in terms of fit or sound?
In terms of sound. It took quite a bit of experimentation to obtain an acceptable fit as I have larger than average ear canals. However once adjusted they perform well above their price level.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #20,062 of 31,809
In terms of sound. It took quite a bit of experimentation to obtain an acceptable fit as I have larger than average ear canals. However once adjusted they perform well above their price level.

I also have larger than average ear canals and more over, my left one is a little bit bigger than right one. Troublesome but thankful as I given awesome hearing to enjoy this hobby world

Oct 1, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #20,063 of 31,809
I agree about the fit. The stock cable and tips didn't work for me, the angled connectors forced the IEMs out of my ears. With the fit I have now, the BLON is one of the best in my collection but I would like a little more treble presence and life. They make for a very relaxing listen, though.
Kopi Okaya posted some EQ settings in the comment section of @Otto Motor 's Blon review that are supposed to make the BL-03 sound a bit like the Tanchjim Oxygen.
https://www.audioreviews.org/blon-bl-03-review/

Well, I tried those settings in the parametric EQ in UAPP and while the results sound a bit over the top to my ears here and there (8.5k boost) it can be considered a starting point for own experiments. What these settings certainly achieved was a more airy sound (16k +5dB, hehe) ... definitely worth a shot and some extra tinkering if EQing is your thing.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #20,064 of 31,809
OK, I've been reading such love for the BLON BL-03 here that I'm about to go for a pair, in preference to the Tin Hi-Fi T2. Any recommendations as to the best place to buy these? I assume AliExpress, but I'm quite a newbie to that and am not sure whether it's safe to just go for the cheapest option or whether there are known good (or bad) sellers on there?

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #20,065 of 31,809
OK, I've been reading such love for the BLON BL-03 here that I'm about to go for a pair, in preference to the Tin Hi-Fi T2. Any recommendations as to the best place to buy these? I assume AliExpress, but I'm quite a newbie to that and am not sure whether it's safe to just go for the cheapest option or whether there are known good (or bad) sellers on there?

Just use a seller on aliexpress that has had a lot of orders. It will be ok.

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #20,066 of 31,809

I'll just go for the cheapest (after factoring in shipping). Unless the seller is brand new or has < 95% positive ratings.
Aliexpress is very safe IMHO, they keep the money in escrow until the buyer confirms they received a satisfactory product, then they release the money to seller.

If u can wait a month or so, 11/11 is coming up, and there are usually big discounts on aliexpress. But I bet there will be a new hypetrain IEM by then and maybe the BLON BL-03 will be yesterday's news then haha.

Edit: oh ya, China is having a golden week holiday this week, so if u do purchase anything from aliexpress now, chances are, it will be delayed.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #20,067 of 31,809
As @mbwilson111 alluded to, when you do a search for "Blon BL-03", the top sellers will appear at the top of the list (.e.g. AK..., Woo...)

Be aware that orders might take over a week, to start their being processed. 70th Anniversary (Hail Hydra) starts today (Oct 1st), which coincides with the nationally recognized "Golden Week" holiday; which also starts on the 1st of October.

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #20,069 of 31,809
When I was looking for a small micro driver earphone, to replace the HiFi BCD X10 that I've taken apart (to try and rewire as L = Left and R = Right), I came across the DEAT HiFi Small, and ordered a set for $29 from Penon Audio.
Looking forward to seeing how well they fit, and how good they sound.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #20,070 of 31,809
I've jumped on the BLON BL-03 hype train. I heard someone say they use QDC connectors. Can anyone comment what type of cable these benefit most from. I tend to default to pure copper. I'm thinking a Jcally 4 or 8 share QDC 0.78mm cable. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back