CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #19,291 of 31,831
i don't own any ER4. but compared to ER-6i, it stands great, even better. so guess they have done a great work, very near to ER4 (i chose ER4P built) probably.
of course, you don't get the certified measurements (frequency response, accurate sensitivity), accessories, and excellent QC, ety provides.

So it's basically er4 clone, for 50 dollars? lol

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #19,292 of 31,831
Am I the only one that doesn't mind the cable? It's already a huge step up from KZ's copper stock cable that I got with the ZS5 and the ear hooks are much nicer that the one that came with the AS10.

I'd disagree that there's anything about them that looks or feel cheaply made. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much a fan of KZ as anyone else, but these shouldn't be written off
Something is wrong with my cable, it's a pain in the neck to use. At least the AS10 cable just hugs your ears. I find the CNT-1 earhooks just don't work... who knows maybe there are other cables that make the CNT-1 sound better?

The CNT-1 sound is nice with the black filters but with the golden ones it seems like a KZ. It does seem to have a more coherent and professional sound than a KZ.

Semkarch shouldn't be written off, but it should be heavily burned in. They even suggest 100-200 hours probably in spite of the people who don't believe in burn in.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #19,293 of 31,831
Looking for anything new in late 2019 that is :-

a better version of Rock Zircon tonality - single dynamic that is cable down/MMCX
and
a better version of LZa2 tonality -a hybrid that is cable down/MMCX

Both slant towards that "sweet, smooth/rich and warm full-bodied musical" tuning.
Cheers :ksc75smile:

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #19,294 of 31,831
Tried NICEHCK 8 Core High Purity Copper Cable MMCX with my ****
Maybe I am dreaming but this cable makes sound hilariously V-shaped (with an otherwise very flat IEMs that is ****)
I didn't even know that cable can have such a strong effect on sound.
Too bad because it looks cool and is quite light-weight.

On other hand, KZ 8 Core Copper Silver Mixed Cable MMCX is even more light-weight and seems to have no noticeable effect on sound (that is, sound appears to be the same as with heavier 8 core cables that I have tried but dismissed because they are not commute-friendly due to weight).

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #19,295 of 31,831
Something is wrong with my cable, it's a pain in the neck to use. At least the AS10 cable just hugs your ears. I find the CNT-1 earhooks just don't work... who knows maybe there are other cables that make the CNT-1 sound better?

The CNT-1 sound is nice with the black filters but with the golden ones it seems like a KZ. It does seem to have a more coherent and professional sound than a KZ.

Semkarch shouldn't be written off, but it should be heavily burned in. They even suggest 100-200 hours probably in spite of the people who don't believe in burn in.

About the CMT1 ear hooks.... you do realize there is a wire inside and you can bend them so that they do hug your ears.

I am using M Auvio tips on mine and am getting comfortable perfect seal but other ears might need other tips.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #19,296 of 31,831
Can we start a petition for Oxford to add Sony's logo next to the definition of "evil"? Because what they have done is that -- pure evil.

Just tried the newly arrived MH755.

How can someone make a pair of earphones that sound so good at that price, and make them with an F-cable that is too short to be used anywhere without an extension? What sick, twisted mind came up with this? Is this some kind of social experiment by Sony? The only way this could've been more evil is if MH755's cable ended with a proprietary connector, and only Sony sold compatible extension cables, $100 each, or something like that.

Seriously, though. These sound great to me: pretty well balanced sound with almost nothing missing, except for perhaps maybe a bit of the lower sub-bass (which is missing from a lot/most of earphones anyway) and a bit of sparkle in the upper end. Also, the mids are rather forward so at times they can be a little shouty. Still, for $7, the sound coming from these is nothing short of a miracle.

However, I'm not at all convinced of the existence of the "burn-in" phenomenon, or, to be more precise, that it leads to any audible change, so I doubt the mids will "calm down" with time.

Nonetheless, like I said, these are still a ridiculous bargain, their price/performance ratio is off the charts.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #19,297 of 31,831
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #19,298 of 31,831
The BLON BL-03 is one of the better budget IEMs I've heard in a while but I had to use a different cable to make it fit.
https://primeaudio.org/blon-bl-03-review/

BL-03 shells angle.jpg

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #19,299 of 31,831
The BLON BL-03 is one of the better budget IEMs I've heard in a while but I had to use a different cable to make it fit.
https://primeaudio.org/blon-bl-03-review/

Yes, I agree. I got great results with a TRN 16 core cable. They are also very tip-dependent. I am using large Spinfits. I liked your review, it does come to similar conclusions to mine!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #19,302 of 31,831
Aug 14, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #19,303 of 31,831
I may have done the CNT-1 a bit of an injustice before, it's actually quite an addictive sound. I first thought the bass was a bit 'hard', but I'm hearing bass notes in popular songs a lot clearer and some for the very first time.

Btw, I think I found it's long lost twin... the Monoprice MP80 (also comes with a filter system... but they don't fit one another).

IMG_20190814_222224.jpg IMG_20190814_222301.jpg IMG_20190814_222345.jpg IMG_20190814_222104.jpg

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #19,304 of 31,831
I may have done the CNT-1 a bit of an injustice before, it's actually quite an addictive sound. Btw, I think I found it's long lost twin... the Monoprice MP80 (also comes with a filter system... but they don't fit one another).

It's getting funny seeing the "twins" from the different companies using the same birthing factories.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back