CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 12, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #19,276 of 31,831
my HiFi BCD has also left and right sides swapped. got it in taobao.

for single BA iem, got this one with knowles ED29689 (like etymotic er4), green knowles damper, detachable 2pins 0.78mm cable.
the tri-flanges tips included are not worth it. but with etymotic soft tri-flanges (ER38-18) and ety deep insertion, wow, delicious.

O1CN01KkVeZL1tuBRjdxcTS_!!821795961.jpg

do you have any link?

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #19,278 of 31,831
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #19,281 of 31,831
For what it's worth, I ordered a pair of the Semkarch CNT-1 (yes, the name sounds ridiculous).
I hope they sound better with burn in. It has more smoother bass than a KZ but the sound signature at first glance sounds like a KZ. They are cheaply made compared to a KZ too. The cable also sucks just like everyone else says. Lol.

If you don't have a CNT-1, don't bother?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #19,282 of 31,831
I'm not sure I'd think the same at full price tho if I'm being honest... what was it around £80? At £30 it's very very good tho.
The price of the Semkarch CNT-1 was originally $95. A rip off at that price definitely as KZ brings way better value to the iem game.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #19,283 of 31,831
If you click on your post number while on that page, you can then copy and past the link and clicking on that link will take people to your post.
Thank you, I didn't know that.
When I click on something I want to make into a link a little blue blob appears giving me the option to copy or paste. Nothing happens when I click on the post number!

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #19,285 of 31,831
I hope they sound better with burn in. It has more smoother bass than a KZ but the sound signature at first glance sounds like a KZ. They are cheaply made compared to a KZ too. The cable also sucks just like everyone else says. Lol.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the cable? It's already a huge step up from KZ's copper stock cable that I got with the ZS5 and the ear hooks are much nicer that the one that came with the AS10.

I'd disagree that there's anything about them that looks or feel cheaply made. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much a fan of KZ as anyone else, but these shouldn't be written off

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #19,286 of 31,831
Am I the only one that doesn't mind the cable? It's already a huge step up from KZ's copper stock cable that I got with the ZS5 and the ear hooks are much nicer that the one that came with the AS10.

I'd disagree that there's anything about them that looks or feel cheaply made. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much a fan of KZ as anyone else, but these shouldn't be written off

I agree. I have no plans to change the cable. on my Semkarch. The hooks work well and the case is large enough to keep them in the shape that I have set. I am enjoying them with the gold filters.

They are cheaply made compared to a KZ too. The cable also sucks just like everyone else says. Lol.

I will wait for the post in which you declare your love for them. :)

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #19,287 of 31,831
I agree. I have no plans to change the cable. on my Semkarch. The hooks work well and the case is large enough to keep them in the shape that I have set. I am enjoying them with the gold filters.

Hi could you compare the DD IEMs: Blon BL-03 vs Semkarch CNT1 vs Toneking Ninetails? Would be interested to hear your impressions.

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #19,288 of 31,831
Hi could you compare the DD IEMs: Blon BL-03 vs Semkarch CNT1 vs Toneking Ninetails? Would be interested to hear your impressions.

I have not had enough time with the CNT1 or the Blon to do that yet. I can say that I like them all. If someone told me today that I could only keep one of the three, I would keep the NineTails...but that one is the most expensive.

I am sure there are others who can comment.

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #19,289 of 31,831

Its the same cable you get for $300 on LZ flagship IEMs. It measure 0.7ohm which is decent. Its lightweight and after awhile loosens up fine. I used the cable for like 7-8 months before I went balanced.

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #19,290 of 31,831
Really interested in these and love how they look. Do you know how they sound in comparison to the ER4s?
i don't own any ER4. but compared to ER-6i, it stands great, even better. so guess they have done a great work, very near to ER4 (i chose ER4P built) probably.
of course, you don't get the certified measurements (frequency response, accurate sensitivity), accessories, and excellent QC, ety provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back