CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 23, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #18,901 of 31,831
I just received my FiiO AM3D THX AAA amplifier module for my FiiO X7mkII today, it has great bass extension, soundstage, instrument separation and treble detail (I'm pretty hyped about it). Out of the earphones I own, the **** does it the most justice by far. A friend of mine just recently ordered his **** and is super happy with them. So there could be bad versions out there, or it's just people perceiving audio differently. My back up pair sounds exactly the same as the one I've been constantly using.

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #18,902 of 31,831
IMHO the **** for the cheap price is a great pair of IEMs. The soundstage/details/instrument separation are quite good. I think a lot of people who complain about it are comparing it to higher priced IEMs and also they are not using an amp with it. The **** piezo drivers which take care of the treble range require quite a lot of power for it to truly shine. So just plugging the **** into a smartphone ain't doing it justice.
My only small gripe about it is that instruments like wind and string instruments don't sound tonally correct but if you are not using it for orchestral/classical style genres, it may not be so evident. YMMV.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #18,903 of 31,831
did you have NiceHCK ep10 to compare to?? I feel they might sound similar. Just a strange feeling touhg.

I just compare today.

Ep10 are more bassy, less impact, more dark and clearly less details.

The BLON have less sub bass butv stay deep, clearly more punchy bass, more neutral mid with better treble

On metal music, ep10 is boring, slow and voices are muffled. They have lack of treble and too sub bass comparing to BLON

But I understand that you say, they have a render which is similar,

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #18,904 of 31,831
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #18,905 of 31,831
I just compare today.

The BLON have less sub bass butv stay deep, clearly more punchy bass, more neutral mid with better treble

On metal music, ep10 is boring, slow and voices are muffled. They have lack of treble and too sub bass comparing to BLON

EP10 is true Basshead IEM.
EP10.jpg

Reviews out of Japan have the Blon as a fairly neutral balanced iem with a slight emphasis on being bright/treble. but have not seen any graphs yet. Also saying that the Blon was tuned by TFZ. Anyone know more about that?

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #18,906 of 31,831

Reviews out of Japan have the Blon as a fairly neutral balanced iem with a slight emphasis on being bright/treble. but have not seen any graphs yet. Also saying that the Blon was tuned by TFZ. Anyone know more about that?

I'll see with **** v2...maybe there are similar

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #18,907 of 31,831

This is my first post on here in months. Fell away from the hobby for a few months but got suckered in by the BLON and the Semkarch CNT 1. A carbon nanotube double!

Anyway they've both ignited the touchpaper again for me.

Don't want to say much until I've had then a bit longer but agree with neutral to bright description for the BLON.

This is after changing the tips to wide bore foams as it was nigh on impossible for me to get a seal with the stock tips due to the design.

Just got the Semkarch today and REALLY like them on m first listen too.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #18,908 of 31,831
So I compare **** V2 which is neutral with slight boost in mid bass

The render is more natural, voice are natural too with Good place in scene, they are brighter too. More colored than V2 but better separation and better stereo.

I prefer the BLON but they are less neutral than v2 but I prefer them. It's clearly a good first Iem ! Just not compatible with trn bt20 due to design. The BT3 it's ok. And the stock tips are uselessIMG_20190724_152730.jpg

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #18,909 of 31,831
FYI - Kbear Official Store have the F1 and the new KB06 in promotion...

F1 for $26: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3301...&terminal_id=3bc13ab990904741b23102a077d3a6e6

New KB06 for $22: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000...IwAR0blFGyTsk_TB_0CaR-X8mO3bzTqEc3zc45_8eWDOM

For getting this price, buy it chosing "other methods" as payment, DONT PAY, send a message to the seller, he will reduce the price... then pay for it.

Hello friend, I’d hate to see the mods delete your post. Please edit your product links and remove the referral portion (it is against HeadFi rules).

Like this:

F1 for $26: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33013184490.html

New KB06 for $22: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000011159572.html

That’s true of all links, like Amazon, Aliexpress, etc.

:)

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #18,910 of 31,831
I just compare today.

Even though I need it like a hole in the head, I wish I had ordered the Blon when it was that fukubukuro intro price during the Aliexpress spring sale.

It looks really nice, and I actually like the EP10, so I’m sure I’d like the Blon based on the sound description.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #18,911 of 31,831
Even though I need it like a hole in the head, I wish I had ordered the Blon when it was that fukubukuro intro price during the Aliexpress spring sale.

It looks really nice, and I actually like the EP10, so I’m sure I’d like the Blon based on the sound description.

Done, thanks for letting me know.

I follow this forum for years now but never really participated.
Also, I never thanked you for fixing my ZS3, years ago. :wink:

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #18,912 of 31,831
Done, thanks for letting me know.

I follow this forum for years now but never really participated.
Also, I never thanked you for fixing my ZS3, years ago. :wink:

You’re welcome, friend!

Also, we love it when people switch from ‘lurk’ mode to ‘participation’ mode. I lurked for years myself, before I was comfortable enough to start posting :)

That goes for all you other lurkers out there reading this! Your opinion and full participation is welcome with open arms, no matter what your audio experience level, your mastery of the English language (or not), etc.

We all have a common love here - the enjoyment of music on audio gear. And the community is richer the more people participate.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #18,913 of 31,831

I think too. They are really nice. If you want you can order with my code on miss audio for 30$
Or ask him for a review

Oh and the new revonext is ordered too !

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #18,914 of 31,831
Oh and the new revonext is ordered too !

NEX202? NEX602?

Update: Good lord, the prices of those 2 new NEX models sure jumped up. $65 and $135?? That’s quite a far cry from all of their previous models.

Either Revonext were breaking even on the previous models (which were a tremendous value for the cost, especially for the copper steampunk-looking one), or they’re raking us over the coals on these new models.

Either way, I’m at least glad we can openly talk about the 2 new NEX models on HeadFi (vs all of the old models which are banned for discussion).

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #18,915 of 31,831
NEX202? NEX602?

Update: Good lord, the prices of those 2 new NEX models sure jumped up. $65 and $135?? That’s quite a far cry from all of their previous models.

Either Revonext were breaking even on the previous models (which were a tremendous value for the cost, especially for the copper steampunk-looking one), or they’re raking us over the coals on these new models.

Either way, I’m at least glad we can openly talk about the 2 new NEX models on HeadFi (vs all of the old models which are banned for discussion).

Why are they banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back