CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 31, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,876 of 31,809
i don't have the cello or the 4in1, tho i do have the dt2+ (useta have the dt2) and am waiting on the supposed cello clone, the senzer h1. so far the ty g3 impress with a very large 3d soundstage and across-the-board clarity. the overall signature is balanced--tight articulate midbass, tho not much subbass thump, clean mids and very well extended, slightly bright treble which presents a lot of microdetail. if you're an audiophile purist, you'll really like these--they're close to that neutral reference tuning and are very accurate. now a philistine like me wants a meatier low end, so i prefer the dt2 or even the urbanfun for now, tho i need to listen the g3 more. i did notice that when i cover the vents on the g3, the low end gets massive, but i don't know if that screws up their sonic qualities. i might try putting some blutack over the vents and see if they explode.
happy new year, y'all

If I still had the Senzer box I'd return it for the BK50. Unfortunately I used it for a gift card present box

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,877 of 31,809
i don't have the cello or the 4in1, tho i do have the dt2+ (useta have the dt2) and am waiting on the supposed cello clone, the senzer h1. so far the ty g3 impress with a very large 3d soundstage and across-the-board clarity. the overall signature is balanced--tight articulate midbass, tho not much subbass thump, clean mids and very well extended, slightly bright treble which presents a lot of microdetail. if you're an audiophile purist, you'll really like these--they're close to that neutral reference tuning and are very accurate. now a philistine like me wants a meatier low end, so i prefer the dt2 or even the urbanfun for now, tho i need to listen the g3 more. i did notice that when i cover the vents on the g3, the low end gets massive, but i don't know if that screws up their sonic qualities. i might try putting some blutack over the vents and see if they explode.
happy new year, y'all

I've found that the eartips can influence the sound a lot, the trade off is between more low end or some of that soundstage. I had some silicone eartips with foam filling that were perfect, but as time went on the foam compressed and some of the seal was lost. Just bought a Comply 'mix' pack and so far the sport one seem to give the best sound. 

To me the sound reminds me of my old AKG Q702's, for me that's a big compliment as I regret getting shut of those. As far as earphones go I think I found my perfect match in terms of sound signature and sound stage. 

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,878 of 31,809
Hello all,
I stand before choosing earphones, I like music with a lot of sub-bass.  I'm basshead :wink:
I searched earphones with a lot of sub-bass, separated sounds and wide scene.
Which of these would you recommend? (or if you know better earphones max 20$)

KZ ZS1
  KZ ZS2
  KZ ZS3
  KZ ZST
  Moxpad X6

(Headphones must be around the ear (Ear Hook) and have a microphone which can be seen on the selection of models)
Thank you in advance for your help.

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,880 of 31,809

I picked these up for $3 at the electronics store today - they sell a lot of surplus stuff. They sound great, and even have a switch to go between mono and stereo. These remind me of the Walkman headphones. Im kickin' it old skool! :grinning:
P.S. They are made by Labtec.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #1,881 of 31,809
  Hello all,
I stand before choosing earphones, I like music with a lot of sub-bass.  I'm basshead :wink:
I searched earphones with a lot of sub-bass, separated sounds and wide scene.
Which of these would you recommend? (or if you know better earphones max 20$)

KZ ZS1
  KZ ZS2
  KZ ZS3
  KZ ZST
  Moxpad X6

(Headphones must be around the ear (Ear Hook) and have a microphone which can be seen on the selection of models)
Thank you in advance for your help.

I would have said 4in1 without cable and find a cable with memory wire and mic, that would be more than your budget though.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,882 of 31,809
I would have said 4in1 without cable and find a cable with memory wire and mic, that would be more than your budget though.

Since you seem to be experienced with Semfer could you tell me the advantage or differences between the Semfer UE and the 4in1s?

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #1,883 of 31,809
Since you seem to be experienced with Semfer could you tell me the advantage or differences between the Semfer UE and the 4in1s?

I haven't heard the UE only the UES, the UE is a single dynamic whilst the 4in1 and UES are hybrids with a single BA driver and a single dynamic driver.

In terms of differences between the UES and 4in1, the 4in1 is a more aggressive sounding earphone with sharp detailed treble and more bass than the UES. The UES has a more balanced presentation.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #1,884 of 31,809
The UES is my current daily driver now and i'm currently enjoying it! Not comparing to the 4in1, i found the sound to be warm and bass heavy with clear mids but slightly and clear highs too butd without sibilance and just right for me.
Do you guys feel the same?

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #1,886 of 31,809

I've found that the eartips can influence the sound a lot, the trade off is between more low end or some of that soundstage. I had some silicone eartips with foam filling that were perfect, but as time went on the foam compressed and some of the seal was lost. Just bought a Comply 'mix' pack and so far the sport one seem to give the best sound. 

To me the sound reminds me of my old AKG Q702's, for me that's a big compliment as I regret getting shut of those. As far as earphones go I think I found my perfect match in terms of sound signature and sound stage. 

got some more ear time on the ty hiz g3--unmodified they're definitely bass--shy, as if the low end had been eq'd out. i ended up blocking the vents with a little blutak, which significantly enhances the low end and gives 'em some subbass presence, tho there's still not much midbass texture. as such, they sound alot like the vivo xe800--crisp, brightish, very detailed, albeit with a larger stage; possibly a tad fatiguiging. ultimate score still TBD.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,887 of 31,809

got some more ear time on the ty hiz g3--unmodified they're definitely bass--shy, as if the low end had been eq'd out. i ended up blocking the vents with a little blutak, which significantly enhances the low end and gives 'em some subbass presence, tho there's still not much midbass texture. as such, they sound alot like the vivo xe800--crisp, brightish, very detailed, albeit with a larger stage; possibly a tad fatiguiging. ultimate score still TBD.

I never really took to the xe800, but love these, I thought the xe800 had no bass at all. I'll revisit those for a comparison.

With the rounded (comfort) comply there's ample bass for me but I've never been a fan of big bass (ZS3 aside)

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,888 of 31,809
Just did a quick back to back with the Vivo and G3s, to my ears the G3s are sharper in the highs and have more bass both sub and mid, I used the same eartips.

The track I used was Until The Levee by Joy Williams.

With that track I feel that there's something missing from the xe800's presentation, mid bass I think. Maybe I've got a duff pair of xe800s or I'm just used to the G3s now.

I'm going to do some back to back listening with other earphones - ZST and Urbanfun

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,889 of 31,809

I never really took to the xe800, but love these, I thought the xe800 had no bass at all. I'll revisit those for a comparison.

With the rounded (comfort) comply there's ample bass for me but I've never been a fan of big bass (ZS3 aside)

could be fit, tips or delusion, but bass quality of the xe800 and these (vents blocked) is very similar, mostly felt as subbass--midbass has speed but not a lot of quantity or impact. please post your thoughts after you've compared.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,890 of 31,809
could be fit, tips or delusion, but bass quality of the xe800 and these (vents blocked) is very similar, mostly felt as subbass--midbass has speed but not a lot of quantity or impact. please post your thoughts after you've compared.

I picked out some more tracks (Ayo) with natural bass, not electronic bass, the xe800 sound cold and artificial whilst the G3s have plenty of warmth and carry the full bass impact. They're not bass canons like say Banjos but there is bass in the mix.

The eartips I'm using are the large comply rounded so they make the earphones resemble Michael Jackson's afro circa the Jackson 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back