CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #18,843 of 31,809
Got a pair of Zero Audio Duoza, been listening to them all day today. Surprised these things didn't get more traction around here. Even though they are older, I think they are better than many overhyped models I bought lately. I quite like them.

They did well back then. Thing is people didn't hype or feel the need to hype to get noticed since it wasn't so "noisey" and crowded back then. :)

There is this...

Carbon + aluminum body
M-DOCK system compatible

M-DWX20-CD

CARBO DUOZA II

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #18,844 of 31,809
T'was a joke....was thinking it relax the thing but do the opposite. Sorry, im not good with human, wichis why I always have IEM pluged in my ears to not listen to them.

Anyway, its true that if a reviewer recieve everything free an alarm should ring. As well, if hes an official promoter disguise as a reviewer. As well if hes always overly positive and naive. As well if he never make any choice driven by its own curiosity, wich will surely drive him to spend lotta money on audio gear like me. Man, I spent so much money, im crazy, i have DAP, DAC-AMP, vintahe solid state amps, 6 pairs of diverse speakers, 10 pairs of headphones....uncurable.
As well, If I didnt receive some audio gear for free I couldn't buy beers....I like music AND beer. So, yeah, i will not send you a free pair of IEM then.

Who want one???
I'll take free beers, got enough IEM's, buds, phones and stereo gear, never enough beer.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #18,845 of 31,809
Got a pair of Zero Audio Duoza, been listening to them all day today. Surprised these things didn't get more traction around here. Even though they are older, I think they are better than many overhyped models I bought lately. I quite like them.

Zero Audio make superb earphones. I don't know about the duoza, i have the carbo basso. It has the best bass till date on any iem i have. And holds its ground pretty well vs some newer chifi offerings.

But given their slightly higher prices, i don't think these pump out the price to performance of some newer chifi iems.

Would love an newer iteration of the tenore or basso.

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #18,846 of 31,809
Any thoughts for acquiring something a bit different than the gear in my sig? Was thinking about the audiosense t180 despite the lack of reviews since I've never heard a single-BA IEM. It's a Knowles and seems intriguing. Anyone have it yet?

Edit: Just ordered, hopefully I get something a bit unique compared to the DDs I've been shoving in my ears this year. should be here next week

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #18,847 of 31,809
Zero Audio make superb earphones. I don't know about the duoza, i have the carbo basso. It has the best bass till date on any iem i have. And holds its ground pretty well vs some newer chifi offerings.

But given their slightly higher prices, i don't think these pump out the price to performance of some newer chifi iems.

Would love an newer iteration of the tenore or basso.
BUN-M-DX200-ZT.png

BUN-M-DX210-ZB.png

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #18,848 of 31,809
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #18,849 of 31,809
I meant something more generalised but it seems some have a little paranoia. I just think the BQEYZ KB100 are a terrific IEM for under a 100$. Anyone agree?

at 2 weeks of my KZ ZS10 PRO i was thinking that maybe they will be my sub $50 champion, but after brief listen and come back to my KB100 then with ZS10 pro again, i still prefer my KB100, both have own pros and cons, ZS10 pro more detailed and good separation, wider soundstage but depth goes to KB100, and precise imaging on KB100 is super for the price, tonality KB100 won by much of ZS10 PRO off tonality. If they tune KB100 with bigger sub bass than mid bass, they will be super budget king.

Yea. I wonder if they are using the first letter of the founders names or something? Very silly name. I call em Beak Eyes.

Anyway, kc2 is very good for metal too. Just a bit bass light for me, but others like the bass fine. I'm a bit basshead though.

BQ3 is pretty good for everything. Its just a matter of fit and finding the right tips IMO.

never thought as Big Eyes, i usually read em as B-Keys.. i dunno, really a weird brand name

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #18,850 of 31,809
I meant something more generalised but it seems some have a little paranoia. I just think the BQEYZ KB100 are a terrific IEM for under a 100$. Anyone agree?

For what it's worth, it indeed feels seamless. Makes one fall in love with their songs all over again. Kudos to Penon for getting their tuning spot on.

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #18,851 of 31,809
at 2 weeks of my KZ ZS10 PRO i was thinking that maybe they will be my sub $50 champion, but after brief listen and come back to my KB100 then with ZS10 pro again, i still prefer my KB100, both have own pros and cons, ZS10 pro more detailed and good separation, wider soundstage but depth goes to KB100, and precise imaging on KB100 is super for the price, tonality KB100 won by much of ZS10 PRO off tonality. If they tune KB100 with bigger sub bass than mid bass, they will be super budget king.

never thought as Big Eyes, i usually read em as B-Keys.. i dunno, really a weird brand name

Did you have KB100 and BQ3, im curious to know if they sound similar.

Well, i like the PRO even if treble have rough grainy edge and cymbals sound splashy and erratic....more their instruments to deal with, more the PRO show its limit, but paired with right music its very fun listen.

I compare it to Final Audio E2000 yesterday, tuning is better with E2000 as well as tonality and timbre, but the soundstage, imaging (when not too much instruments) and impact go to the PRO.

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #18,852 of 31,809
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #18,853 of 31,809
Did you have KB100 and BQ3, im curious to know if they sound similar.

Well, i like the PRO even if treble have rough grainy edge and cymbals sound splashy and erratic....more their instruments to deal with, more the PRO show its limit, but paired with right music its very fun listen.

I compare it to Final Audio E2000 yesterday, tuning is better with E2000 as well as tonality and timbre, but the soundstage, imaging (when not too much instruments) and impact go to the PRO.

I dont own the BQ3, only KB100 that I have, but I have listen to them, BQ3 more energetic while KB100 more balanced with forward mids, sub bass extension and texture goes to BQ3 and trebles on BQ3 also more lively, KB100 highs more polite in comparison but still there are sparkles. Both of them sounds smooth all across frequency.

I agree on ZS10 PRO separation and on busier tracks they handle songs quite good, they have benefit from 5 drivers config here, but yes tonality is off for me sadly. BTW imaging position still better on KB100 for me rather than ZS10 PRO. KB100 stands out for its imaging and smoothness. KZs while detailed, they sounds harsher, splashy if compared to BQEYZs. Just my 2 cents buddy

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #18,854 of 31,809
I dont own the BQ3, only KB100 that I have, but I have listen to them, BQ3 more energetic while KB100 more balanced with forward mids, sub bass extension and texture goes to BQ3 and trebles on BQ3 also more lively, KB100 highs more polite in comparison but still there are sparkles. Both of them sounds smooth all across frequency.

I agree on ZS10 PRO separation and on busier tracks they handle songs quite good, they have benefit from 5 drivers config here, but yes tonality is off for me sadly. BTW imaging position still better on KB100 for me rather than ZS10 PRO. KB100 stands out for its imaging and smoothness. KZs while detailed, they sounds harsher, splashy if compared to BQEYZs. Just my 2 cents buddy

yeah, i find them splashy too and with a ''primitive'' timber im use too with chifi cheapish ba's. These ZS10 PRO will not make me enamoured about KZ, would need a real miracle for that, wich BQEYZ already touch with the tips of their tuning fingers.

And for KB100, this is what i wanna read: FOWARDS MIDS!!!! And did the vocal are still smooth on top???

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #18,855 of 31,809
yeah, i find them splashy too and with a ''primitive'' timber im use too with chifi cheapish ba's. These ZS10 PRO will not make me enamoured about KZ, would need a real miracle for that, wich BQEYZ already touch with the tips of their tuning fingers.

And for KB100, this is what i wanna read: FOWARDS MIDS!!!! And did the vocal are still smooth on top???

Buttery smooth. Vocals are probably the highlight of KB100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back