CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #18,691 of 31,831
I got a pair of Final E2000 for 15€ and these are pretty amazing at this price. Apparently they're like 50€ as new and I'd say they're very good value even at that price. It's not easy finding IEM's that are not utterly V-shaped at this price range. No mistake, these are still slightly V-shaped but very slightly and with no crazy peaks and valleys in the upper mids/lower treble range. Warm v-shape might be a good descriptor for the signature. I might also be the only person that did not enjoy the E5000, I like these alot more.

Jul 10, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #18,692 of 31,831
... and you, LaughMoreDaily, might be surprised how amazing the MH755 can sound. It's not all about price and/or number of drivers.
I own a pair of the 1 foot cable MH755. I hold my music player at head level just to listen to them.

How many hours of burn in do they need? Out of the box: waste of money.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #18,693 of 31,831
I got the 3 sets of AKG Samsung Galaxy 8 series iems in.

They are genuine as they measure pretty similar. I remeasured my old set that falling apart against one of these new sets, and to my surprise, the response differs. My old set is warmer with greater bass, particularly the subs. So, the new set sounds brighter.

Here is the graph comparison

This might be a measurable burn-in proof if that's the case. I bought two sets a while back, the one I've listen too for the past few months has more bass than the other one I just unpacked now. I don't know if the diffrence existed from the beginning cause I haven't tested them. You have the ocasion to burn in a pair and see if it changes.
It might be simply a difference betwen batches too. There's a video on Youtube comparing the ones that come with S10 whith S8. Says S10 has more bass.

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #18,694 of 31,831
This might be a measurable burn-in proof if that's the case. I bought two sets a while back, the one I've listen too for the past few months has more bass than the other one I just unpacked now. I don't know if the diffrence existed from the beginning cause I haven't tested them. You have the ocasion to burn in a pair and see if it changes.
It might be simply a difference betwen batches too. There's a video on Youtube comparing the ones that come with S10 whith S8. Says S10 has more bass.
I avoid the whole burning in-discussion, but this is actually a pretty great chance to compare them now and after many hours playing. :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #18,695 of 31,831
I'll see how consistant the new batches are.

I notice two vent holes. One on the front portion and tiny ons lodged between two assemblies. The 2nd one could be blocked off from all the debree collected there, but I thought blocking off vent would reduce bass.

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #18,696 of 31,831
I'll see how consistant the new batches are.

I notice two vent holes. One on the front portion and tiny ons lodged between two assemblies. The 2nd one could be blocked off from all the debree collected there, but I thought blocking off vent would reduce bass.
Depends if the blocked vent is behind or on the front of the driver. If it's behind the driver, it's used to get in air for the driver to move so blocking that would result in less bass. If it's on the front, it's used for air circulation and to vent excess air out, blocking that would result in all air being moved out of the nozzle into the ear canal, ergo more bass.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #18,697 of 31,831
Depends if the blocked vent is behind or on the front of the driver. If it's behind the driver, it's used to get in air for the driver to move so blocking that would result in less bass. If it's on the front, it's used for air circulation and to vent excess air out, blocking that would result in all air being moved out of the nozzle into the ear canal, ergo more bass.

I know there are a lot of bass mods on this forum that result in better bass after blocking vents on certain IEMs. And I have considered doing so myself to get better bass.
But just a noob question, will there be any damage to the IEM in the long term? Or even to our ears, since the pressure sorts of builds up in our ears with a blocked vent?

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #18,698 of 31,831
I know there are a lot of bass mods on this forum that result in better bass after blocking vents on certain IEMs. And I have considered doing so myself to get better bass.
But just a noob question, will there be any damage to the IEM in the long term? Or even to our ears, since the pressure sorts of builds up in our ears with a blocked vent?
Depending on how carefully you insert those IEMs and how well your tips seal you could run into issues with driver flex, not a good idea. As to pressure build-up in the ear canal I pull down my earlobes every couple minutes anyway (good old habit with IEMs) - helps a lot. Regarding blocked front vents more often than not those mods result in a more bloated, kinda boomy bass to my ears, something I personally don't enjoy that much - YMMV.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #18,699 of 31,831
I own a pair of the 1 foot cable MH755. I hold my music player at head level just to listen to them.

That's interesting. I had the same experience with mine out of the 'bag' lol. Then a colleague helped me out and discovered a problem with the soldering inside. They fixed this and re-cabled them for me. I have to say that all the good things I have heard about them are true. They sound amazing. Hard to believe this kind of quality from a £5 single DD. It is also possible that you have a fake, there are ways of finding out if this is the case.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #18,700 of 31,831

Why don't you get a short extension cable for it?

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #18,701 of 31,831
Why don't you get a short extension cable for it?

For the MH755, I find the stock cable has bad microphonics on it, so getting an extension cable doesn't fix that issue.
I would like to recable my MH755, but I don't have the technical expertise to, and sending it somewhere to get it done will probably cost more than the MH755 itself.
But for sure, the sound quality and especially the instrument timbre/tonality is superb for its cheap price; I would use it more if not for the short/microphonic prone stock cable.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #18,702 of 31,831
For the MH755, I find the stock cable has bad microphonics on it, so getting an extension cable doesn't fix that issue.
I would like to recable my MH755, but I don't have the technical expertise to, and sending it somewhere to get it done will probably cost more than the MH755 itself.
But for sure, the sound quality and especially the instrument timbre/tonality is superb for its cheap price; I would use it more if not for the short/microphonic prone stock cable.

I think the small plastic shell might make it impossible to avoid some microphonics. I have several using different cables and they all have some... some more than others. It does not bother me when the music is playing.

Maybe it is in the strain relief?

I wonder if the mmcx mod fixes that.

These questions are probably better for the dedicated MH755 (and related( IEMs

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #18,703 of 31,831
I think the small plastic shell might make it impossible to avoid some microphonics. I have several using different cables and they all have some... some more than others. It does not bother me when the music is playing.

Maybe it is in the strain relief?

I wonder if the mmcx mod fixes that.

These questions are probably better for the dedicated MH755 (and related( IEMs

I have a recable MH755, no more microphonic, and I also have a spare stock MH755, I'm thinking to send it out to have mmcx mod .

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #18,704 of 31,831
I have a recable MH755, no more microphonic, and I also have a spare stock MH755, I'm thinking to send it out to have mmcx mod .

Do you have a photo of it with the cable you used?

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #18,705 of 31,831
I got a pair of Final E2000 for 15€ and these are pretty amazing at this price. Apparently they're like 50€ as new and I'd say they're very good value even at that price. It's not easy finding IEM's that are not utterly V-shaped at this price range. No mistake, these are still slightly V-shaped but very slightly and with no crazy peaks and valleys in the upper mids/lower treble range. Warm v-shape might be a good descriptor for the signature. I might also be the only person that did not enjoy the E5000, I like these alot more.

Well, E2000 are sure better budget value and still among my favorite of all Final Audio iem....but i really love the E5000, me its the E3000 that doesnt do it but this is what I love with Final: there something for everyone and your always sure to have at least well balanced tuning. Now im really curious about the ultra budget newcomer E500 (cannot find lot of info about them yet touch)....E1000 is crazy good deal and little more bassier-thicker version of E2000.

E5000 notably improve with burn in, bass gain in control wich permit overall better clarity even if they are on the warm side. Yeah, i migh finally became a burnin believer even with BA's....anyway, we can never predict if it will make subtle sound improvment, and most of time if I dont like an iem at first listen even this subtle change will not change the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back