1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. gourab1995
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. BadReligionPunk
    Sucks but against all odds, I resisted the urge to buy zs7 or zs10pro, so I have no idea about their staging ect. It is pretty wide though and has good depth. Their is nice space in between everything and they are natural sounding. Bass quality is its forte. Not fast. Not slow. Just dynamic. Sub bass and mid bass are equals and impact and slam are good without being overwhelming. Mids are lush to me. Very Sony-ish to me. A bit thick(warm) but very natural and has a smoothness that is close to CCA C10 mids, at least on the same ballpark to me. Treble is soft and a bit dark. Good for long loud sessions. Thing EQs great as most dynamics generally do.

All in all fans of modern music that need a super comfortable iem probably and like a generally warm, bassy, smooth commercial sound, will like these.

Also $35 now? Wuuuuuut?

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. MrMajony
    gourab1995 likes this.
  4. mbwilson111
    SoundChoice and gourab1995 like this.
  5. NymPHONOmaniac
    Bro....thisrelation with the list is like with a couple: complicate.
    Thank you for your suggestion....was thinking I already put the Crescent. And since its not just chifi here I should surely put these AKG samsung. And lot of other stuffs. I will update this list this summer for sure....

About what stay what goes, well firstly when something isnt for sale anymore I need to erase it, as well, sometime a hype die and we see true face of a mediocre iem (ZS10 is an example among other)....but i follow opinion of others, like even if I dont love V80 its in the list cause democracy decide its great value in a whole. First aspect is really about sound value, construction is second, but if a iem have multiple quality issue or its plain crap construction i will avoid putting it in the list too. As well, as I don't personally heard all iem in the list, i need to read numerous reviews or headfiers impressions. It can't be put on the list if only me or less than 10 average dude praise it. Yep, this list make me paranoid. Scare the sh!t out of me.

HungryPanda likes this.
  6. baskingshark
  7. SilverEars
    I got the 3 sets of AKG Samsung Galaxy 8 series iems in.

20190710_201539.jpg 20190710_201553.jpg 20190710_201608.jpg 20190710_201630.jpg

They are genuine as they measure pretty similar. I remeasured my old set that falling apart against one of these new sets, and to my surprise, the response differs. My old set is warmer with greater bass, particularly the subs. So, the new set sounds brighter.

Here is the graph comparison

AKG Samsung.jpg

1clearhead likes this.
  8. gourab1995
    Ikr that price dropped pretty hard. That's why i was so skeptical. But after hearing from you, this will be on my buy list with the audiosense t180.

9. Slater
    No need to be skeptical; that price drop happens on all KZs. That’s why I always wait a while before getting a new model.

10. gourab1995
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  11. gourab1995
  12. BadReligionPunk
    Yea I don't think the iem sold well, despite generally good reviews. Semkarch is a stupid name though. Its a word scramble type of thing like BQEYZ. Don't know if that played in to it not selling well. Seems like LZ should have just given it an LZ designation and it would have sold like hotcakes. Weird Chinese bidness stuff.

KarmaPhala and gourab1995 like this.
  13. BadReligionPunk
    I'm actually interested in the whizzer too. Its dropped from $100 to $50. Single dynamic and it looks nice too. Might grab one if it goes lower.

HungryPanda and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  14. MrMajony
    If the photos are correct, they are original. you just have to avoid buying black mh755, they are mostly fake. for 3-5 $ worth very much imo

gourab1995 likes this.
  15. MrDelicious
    I got a pair of Final E2000 for 15€ and these are pretty amazing at this price. Apparently they're like 50€ as new and I'd say they're very good value even at that price. It's not easy finding IEM's that are not utterly V-shaped at this price range. No mistake, these are still slightly V-shaped but very slightly and with no crazy peaks and valleys in the upper mids/lower treble range. Warm v-shape might be a good descriptor for the signature. I might also be the only person that did not enjoy the E5000, I like these alot more.