CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #18,496 of 31,831
A real shame as they were nearly on to something. TRN V80... possibly the worst earphone i have in my collection, just awful. I feel for people who pay nearly £40 on Amazon for it. If only they knew how much better there is for less... there's a reason it's only £15 on Alie.

LOL, I've basically got a big see thru plastic box and all my IEMs in small plastic bags thrown in. Then I've got a cardboard box with about 200 sets of tips thrown in (and not in pairs... literally just thrown in). It's a pain in the ass when i go to sell items and have to go on to Amazon or review pages to see exactly what type of tips they came with. I have all the boxes and accessories though stored away safely for resale.

i never use the included stock tips and just store it in their boxes. easier if i want to re-sell them :ksc75smile:

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #18,498 of 31,831
Jun 25, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #18,500 of 31,831
My source is A&K sp1000 and I use the stock clear tips and the stock cable.
Thank you for reminding me of amping. I tried phatlab sassy2 and yup I partially agree with you. With the amp kpe does sound much more clear and detailed than pairing with sp1000 only. However I still feel kpe is a little bit congested/creamy and on the warm side. I couldn’t call a sound like this “VERY” clear though it IS fun and pleasant to listen to.
Maybe that’s because we have different references. Mine is the extremely clear er4xr.
Anyway, kpe improves a lot with a proper amplification so now I can give it a 8/10 (used to be 6/10)
Well, I think it is not because of different references but about describing IEM overall sound, which, if You read reviews and impressions about KPE, is nothing like congested/creamy and warm side. Some call them even bright-sounding and bass light, which don`t translate into warm IEM at all. But YMMV and I`m fine with that.
Just curious, how much playtime has your KPE had till now? Belive or not in burn-in but this was 2nd IEM in my experience where playtime affected sound and about 90+h it settled down but experience vs. OOTB was very different.

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #18,501 of 31,831
Best new headphone on the market? Holy snappers!

Head-fi / The Contraptionist

IMG_4363.JPG IMG_4364.JPG IMG_4365.JPG

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #18,502 of 31,831
Fd4HKIU.jpg

AMamAGx.jpg
jO1Xebf.jpg

I think I might've just found the perfect solution to organize all my IEM heads, eartips, and cables. All in one box. :)

Link to the item if you wanna buy it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Plas...-Box-Case-Craft-Organizer-Beads/254238672093?

That's awesome but only a temporary solution unless you delete your account and stop reading anything audio after reading this comment!

I dig it. I use small part storage cases from Home Depot. They have removable walls so the compartments can be adjusted a tad.

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #18,504 of 31,831
Lots of good budget IEMS these days, recently got A10, IM2, ZS10 PRO, but my favorite so far is the Tin Hifi T3!
Comfortable, non fatiguing, everything sounds good.......anybody else hooked on the T3’s??

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #18,505 of 31,831
LOL, I've basically got a big see thru plastic box and all my IEMs in small plastic bags thrown in. Then I've got a cardboard box with about 200 sets of tips thrown in (and not in pairs... literally just thrown in). It's a pain in the ass when i go to sell items and have to go on to Amazon or review pages to see exactly what type of tips they came with. I have all the boxes and accessories though stored away safely for resale.

Lol yeah I feel you. That box is just only the surface, I have plenty more eartips which are stored in this other plastic case.

Djv32hQ.png

And then everything else (earphone cases, unused IEMs, more eartips) is jam-packed into this headphone pouch:

aTauPqf.png

I also like to keep a ton of earphone boxes, some empty and some with the earphones in it, in my drawer for future resale opportunities.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #18,507 of 31,831
It would be great to compare it with its clone - CCA A10.

Agreed, though I won't be the one to do it. Have no intention of covering anything new for a while. I'm sure someone awesome will be sure to post that comparo at some point, and probably soon too :)

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #18,508 of 31,831
So I went in on the Drop deal on Alpha Delta D6. I received the IEM's this weekend. That took a long time. Anyway they have a lose connection or short in the jack. I emailed Drop and they said thats great Alpha Delta has a warranty. In other words, good luck with that. I guess I will see how good Alpha Delta is with warranty claims. I have an email in to them.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #18,509 of 31,831
So I went in on the Drop deal on Alpha Delta D6...Anyway they have a lose connection or short in the jack. I emailed Drop and they said thats great Alpha Delta has a warranty. In other words, good luck with that.

Yet another reason why I don’t buy from Massdrop.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #18,510 of 31,831
Does anyone else who bought the KB Ear F1 earphones - have the problem that one of them stops working after a couple of minutes?
I'm not sure what the issue is - connector, wiring, or the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back