1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. Nimweth
    I have the copper ones and they look great with the copper cable. They sound good too, (but they're banned!).

mbwilson111 likes this.
  2. BadReligionPunk
    Anybody know anything of the 3003 from banned? $40 and looks good. The DT6 was a winner, and 6in1 is one of my favorites of all time. Already have purchased 2 iems and 2 earbuds in the past 4 days, and am waiting on a $40 coupon from ebay to buy KB100, so I am at defcon 3 right now. Cant buy nothing! They sure look nice though. Somebody should take one for the team and get one. :0

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. FastAndClean
    i bought 3 cables, two DD in ears and one earbud the last 5 days, i don't need them

4. LifeOnMercury
    My source is A&K sp1000 and I use the stock clear tips and the stock cable.
    Thank you for reminding me of amping. I tried phatlab sassy2 and yup I partially agree with you. With the amp kpe does sound much more clear and detailed than pairing with sp1000 only. However I still feel kpe is a little bit congested/creamy and on the warm side. I couldn’t call a sound like this “VERY” clear though it IS fun and pleasant to listen to.
    Maybe that’s because we have different references. Mine is the extremely clear er4xr.
    Anyway, kpe improves a lot with a proper amplification so now I can give it a 8/10 (used to be 6/10)

5. Veyska
    Blah blah blah slow shipping and updates and potentially transferring systems, but according to AE the set of IEMs I ordered as a form factor experiment/comparison have been in-flight across the Pacific for five days now... >->

6. mbwilson111
    I had something " in flight" for three weeks once. It arrived... lol. Don't worry.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  7. Veyska
    I'm not too worried, I was just hoping it would arrive before the current AE sale ends so I could decide what Bluetooth cable module I want to get (if any). :p I love my IE 40 Pro, but they're custom-ended and not-cheap, which complicates things...

mbwilson111 likes this.
  8. DBaldock9
    I have discovered that with extended use (over night), the moisture buildup in the nozzles of the X10, reduces the output level of the earphones quite a lot.
    After they've been left to dry out, they sound OK again.
    This is similar to what happens when the filter material gets damp in the LZ A4 earphone nozzles.

9. durwood
    Speaking of which, I have discovered my UE triplefi's have severely reduced output, the damping filters on the BA's look ok, but either they have absorbed moisture or I have damaged the high BA's in both earphones. It is odd because both sides measure and sound identically wrong compared to other measurements I have seen. I don't know if there is any way to revive them. :frowning2: I don't think there is any way to pull the dampers off without destroying them.

10. DBaldock9
    I just carefully lifted the grill on one of the X10 nozzles, and there's not any filter material between the driver and the grill.
    And, glancing down the nozzle, the driver diaphragm looked shiny, like metal.

11. Veyska
    Not Auvios/different-Starlines, but pretty sure it was based on your recommendation in some other thread that I picked up these Whirlwind tips (cheaper KZ ones, but it was a test run) and hey look M Whirlwinds fit better *and* sound better than the cheap Daiso tips and Starlines both. :-D (Must be an insertion depth thing with sizing, the closest any of my other IEMs have come to M tips working was the IE 40 Pro and even there the S were noticeably better...)

One minor complication as a result though, I'm now having second thoughts about the Tin Audio T2s sitting in my cart on AE... Was pondering getting them alongside one of the TRN Bluetooth cables to hedge my bets in case the "same general form factor as the IE 40 Pro" Tennmak Pros didn't work out one way or another (get here already nuisance package) since while I could get the DT6 comfortable and stable for sitting I never could get them solid enough I'd consider them for Bluetooth/walking with but now with the Whirlwinds... <-< (Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in the T2s - if I hadn't checked the Sales forum on a whim the same day someone posted the IE 40 Pro I bought I'd have already bought a pair. I'm just not sure I'm *sufficiently* interested, even at 30$, now that I've Whirlwind-ed the DT6s.)

Slater likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    There will be other sales ahead. By then there may be something that you are even more interested in. Nothing is a "must have." Too many choices for that to be true.

13. Slater
    Neat, I’ll have to give the whirlwind a try on those :)

14. TeaCake
    Thanks @Slater I chose the 9tail at $75 at the very last 5 minutes before the sale ended. :):ksc75smile:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily, ShakyJake and Slater like this.
  15. mbwilson111

You will enjoy it. Love mine.

You were lucky you could get your order through in the last five minutes. I kept getting this for about 3 hours before I finally got it to go through.

Payment failed
    Reason: System error.
    Suggestion: The system is busy. Please try again.

Try again
    --------------------------

Did anyone else have this problem?

When I first tried there were about 10 hours remaining. I tried several times over and hour and then finally left it for a couple of hours. Tried again... one more failure... then it worked.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019