CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 21, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #18,453 of 31,831
Looking for an upgrade from banned V2 and i am trying to decide between Toneking Ninetales and the TFZ No. 3
Anybody has both and can suggests one over the other?
Thanks!!!

Im in the same boat, would be great if someone can compare them.

I don’t have both, so unfortunately I can’t compare them. But I do have the Nine Tail, which is a steal at $75.

Remember that the Nine Tail has front and rear filters, allowing you to tailor the sound to your liking. That’s like having multiple IEMs in 1.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #18,456 of 31,831
Those are listed for $140. Or I am missing something? Are they as good as Kanas Pro? Cause they cost as muchm
I prefer topaz over Kansas pro but this is just my personal opinion.
These two have really different sound signatures. Topaz is airy and straightforward with minimal colorations. Kanas pro sounds like you put a blur/soften filter over everything and the soundstage is a little congested. I’m not saying kanas pro sounds bad, actually many fellows love kanas pro’s warm and sweet sound. Yes kanas pro does sound a bit congested but in a good way - maybe I need to replace the word “congested” with “creamy”.
So, if all you care about is the vocal and you don’t want to figure out what other instruments are doing in the recording Kanas pro is right for you.
But if you want to clearly hear every part of the music topaz might be a better choice.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #18,457 of 31,831
I've got some of those on order - even though I didn't really like the look of the cable splitter that they used.
Since I've got the MMCX version of the Magaosi MGS-BK50, I've pulled the tethered cable model out of my carry case, to make space for the BCD X10.

The HiFi BCD X10 earphones arrived in the mail today.
It turns out that the splitter is more compact that it appeared in the photos on eBay - so that's a good thing.
After switching to the larger silicone tips, I'm getting a good seal in my ears, without having to insert them uncomfortably deep.
Due to the length and shape of these earphones, they're the only ones in my collection that pretty much have to be worn with the cable down, in order to place them for best sound.
I've had them connected to my iBasso PB2 (dual OPA1622 op-amps), streaming New Orleans Jazz band "Tuba Skinny" videos (thanks to @Wyville for posting a video in the "IEM/Ear Bud Lounge" thread) from my Roku4 and PC.
Due to having a forward Midrange, it seemed like they may be a bit Bass-shy, but I went to https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php and verified that they have Bass that's sensed at 10Hz, and audible beginning at 20Hz.
While on that webpage, I listened to Left, Right, Center, & Twisted - to check for mis-wiring, and determined that the drivers are in-phase, but the wires to Tip and Ring1 are swapped.
Aside from the issue of cable noise (which would usually be isolated better if I could wear the cable over the ear), and the fact that they're labeled and wired backwards (L <-> R), these X10 really do have a clear, detailed sound.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #18,458 of 31,831
Bcd x10 or sony mh 755 any votes/recommendations?

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #18,459 of 31,831
Bcd x10 or sony mh 755 any votes/recommendations?
Looking forward to this. Although if judged purely from price point, then Mh755 is a no brainer for ₹500-700 as BCD will cost anything around twice that price when shipped to India.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #18,460 of 31,831
Looking forward to this. Although if judged purely from price point, then Mh755 is a no brainer for ₹500-700 as BCD will cost anything around twice that price when shipped to India.

True that. The bcd x10 are double in price compared to the mh755. Considering this is ultra budget. I will still consider them comparable.

Only sound wise how do the stand up against each other will be of interest. Given the mh755's inconvenience of getting a separate extended cable. Should add up to be very similar in price in the end.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #18,461 of 31,831
True that. The bcd x10 are double in price compared to the mh755. Considering this is ultra budget. I will still consider them comparable.

Only sound wise how do the stand up against each other will be of interest. Given the mh755's inconvenience of getting a separate extended cable. Should add up to be very similar in price in the end.

A good cable would barely set you down by ₹100-200. Still the price difference is significant. Although BCD doesn't follow Harman Target which mh755 follows. So ultimately it's a toss up between sonic preference and cost attached to it.

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #18,462 of 31,831
i purchased the Kinera Sif, lets see what they can do with single DD at 30$
the first review is out - https://thelittleaudiophile.wordpress.com/2019/06/19/kinera-sif/
Keep us updated! Want it as potential gift.
Kanas pro sounds like you put a blur/soften filter over everything and the soundstage is a little congested. I’m not saying kanas pro sounds bad, actually many fellows love kanas pro’s warm and sweet sound. Yes kanas pro does sound a bit congested but in a good way - maybe I need to replace the word “congested” with “creamy”.
WTH?:confused:
I do not agree a bit! KPE has VERY clear and detailed sound and no congestion anywhere, neither in imaging or soundstage nor does it sound as warm-signature IEM.

What are You using as source? Are You amping them properly (mA)? What tips do You use and do they slide down the nozzle?

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #18,463 of 31,831
I always wanted to check out the R...n... QT2 so when I saw them and the QT2S for less than 19€ on AE yesterday (no-brainer) I couldn't resist any longer and pulled the trigger on some red QT2S. Heck, I got my grey steampunk QT5 for about the same money two months ago and they've been my preferred sub-$20 IEMs since then.
So ... what's next? The Toneking Nine Tails look interesting, the TFZ No.3 no less but I guess Í'll wait a little longer until some more reviews and maybe comparisons come in; the next sale is never too far away anyway and who knows what the next week will yield, lol.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #18,464 of 31,831
Kinera SIF and Status Audio IEM2x reviews will post this week. Both are solid in their price ranges so worth a look.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #18,465 of 31,831
I always wanted to check out the R...n... QT2 so when I saw them and the QT2S for less than 19€ on AE yesterday (no-brainer) I couldn't resist any longer and pulled the trigger on some red QT2S. Heck, I got my grey steampunk QT5 for about the same money two months ago and they've been my preferred sub-$20 IEMs since then.
So ... what's next? The Toneking Nine Tails look interesting, the TFZ No.3 no less but I guess Í'll wait a little longer until some more reviews and maybe comparisons come in; the next sale is never too far away anyway and who knows what next week will yield, lol.
+1 for the Steampunk!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back