1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST Sub-100$ BUDGET EARPHONES - Chi-fi, Obscure brands and impressions sharing-REFERENCE LIST

1. FastAndClean
    you want a track with very high treble in it?

2. CoiL
    Yes, provide us all with MUSIC that has a lot going on over (and at) 12kHz!
    Curiously waiting for examples (proved to have those frequencies not just by Your ear You think there is).... :)

3. chickenmoon
    I hear that peak on some rock tracks' percussion and it's not very nice. It's Kanas weakest point IMO.

CoiL likes this.
  4. FastAndClean

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  5. FastAndClean
    ShakyJake likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    I hope there isn't because by then my hearing is rolling off.

CoiL and harry501501 like this.
  7. Slater
    That’s interesting to know that some instruments produce sound all the way to 100kHz. Thanks for providing that article; definitely a good read!

My own hearing maxes out at 16-17kHz, so I’m personally not too worried about what happens above 20kHz.

CoiL and trellus like this.
  8. mbwilson111
    Each decade it supposedly goes down by about 2kHz. This is meant to show the normal average for each age.

upload_2017-11-6_3-56-29.jpeg

9. FastAndClean
    me too, i can hear to about 16khz, but i like earphones that can go to my limits, i had earphones before with rolled off treble after 8-9khz and they are big no no for me now

Slater likes this.
  10. FastAndClean
    at least we can hear 20hz to the end of our time :floatsmile:

11. mbwilson111
    Rolling off that low sounds crazy. Of course they should all go to 20kHz even if not everyone can hear that high.

trellus likes this.
  12. Bartig
    DT6 to me...
    - The bass is ok but nothing special. Sub bass doesn't go very deep and with the wrong cables it's distorted in crowded pieces. With the stock one (with the volume slider), that isn't the case.
    - There are some mild piercing 'slaps' and there is some sibilance, although way less than other chifi earphones. This is the biggest selling point I think. It's easy going.
    - The spaciousness that gets a lot of praise around here, is good. On par with the QT2 and ZSN, although those put more emphasis on mid detail, thus providing an even bigger sense of detail in the soundstage.
    - The DT6 colors heavily. Many instruments and songs just sound the same to me. The timbre is off, compared to T2, Crescent and QT2, which leave much more room for the original timbre of instruments and songs.
    - It's very comfortable, especially wearing them cable down.

So some things good, some things meh on the DT6 for me then.

loomisjohnson and CoiL like this.
  13. FastAndClean
    yeah, one of my favorite earphones back then was Ortofon Q5 (the best mids created by humans) but there was nothing after 9khz, and the treble was rough and grainy
    2327b0fc18557994a73159f5dc8f0330.png

14. SilverLodestar
    I agree with this a lot. I got the DT6 not too long ago and just wasn’t impressed with them. They sounded really odd compared to my T2 and Dunu DN-2002, with some weird instances of sibilance and harshness. I also find them extremely uncomfortable with terribly small nozzles that don’t fit most of my favorite tips.

CoiL and Bartig like this.
  15. LamerDeluxe (tm)
    C16 has better instrument separation, tighter, faster bass, much less rolled off treble, more details, much less forgiving, less warm sounding, more fatiguing.
    C16 is clearly significant step up, lower mids could have been a bit stronger though for my taste, voices can sound a bit thin.

weedophile likes this.