Best SQ player + a lot of space (SD or HD) + line out [+ FLAC]. Is it possible?
Jun 26, 2008 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ZzBOG

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm trying to justify changing my ZVM 60GB for something new..

If this can be justified at all.
  • So do we have a player, which can store a lot of music... Via SD cards (now, that we finally have 32GB ones)?
  • The player should have line out (for amp), use HD (no candidates here... since there's no line out on Zune80).
  • Also it would be nice, if that player supported a lot of formats (I really lac the support of FLAC on my ZVM).
  • The player should be reasonably small (so no Archos monsters here).
  • The last, and most important is sound quality. It should be just great. I'm a happy owner of Triple.fi headphones, so you can tell SQ is pretty important.

Please, suggest...

Or I will just get a 100GB HD for my ZVM...

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #3 of 7
$600 is a bit too much for me. Especially for anything Okay-ish... Even for something brilliant, given it's just a DAP.
I wouldn't spend more than $300 +/- $30

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 7
What's CF card for? I couldn't find the info on iriver H300 using cf cards... or did I search badly?

Jun 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 7
In my opinion, the Sony MZ-NH1 is the best SQ player with the cleanest (proper) line out. Whilst it doesnt meet your requirements for FLAC or storage space, you can write to the hi-md as linear PCM.

Sure things like the meizu m6, or Iaudio D2 have more bass (through EQ), but theres just something different when it comes to hi-md's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back