Best speakers for mids
Jun 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

avengernoonzz

Head-Fier
hey all I'm looking for the best speakers for mids or possibly a balanced speaker system (no 5.1 or high ends please) with a $250 AUD budget. I will only be listening to music with these, playing games and watching movies on my PC but music is a top priority since I use my headphones for gaming and movies.

I'm really like the Harman Kardon SoundSticks III but they are for highs and lows/bass and I can't find anything on it on how it does it does with mids.

Any suggestions?

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 11
I was helping out a mate in Oz for speakers but scanning around, i noticed lots of electronics prices are out of whack 
blink.gif
 In your shoes i would hit a 2.0 and fish out an active sub in the used market? Fortunately the Microlab Solos are priced sensibly 
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/134394/SPEAKERS_2-SPEAKER_SYSTEMS/Microlab/SOLO6C.asp

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 11
They look awesome and well priced! It has 'balance mids' which a-okay for me, haha. Cheers for that.

What subwoofer do you suggest would work best with these? I'm a total noob with audio gear haha.

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Honestly am alien to the used audio hardware market in Australia but scan any shops and/or hifi forums where u at for used active subs? 

I was thinking of just getting a speaker system. I could link you those? Also I think I'm going to reduce my budget to $150-200. I don't really need anything above that I don't think.

edit: what about these?

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Behringer-Truth-B2030A-Active-Studio-Monitor-Speakers-Powered-Like-New-/190686552875?pt=AU_Pro_Audio&hash=item2c65cde32b

Those are pick up only :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #9 of 11
The Swans are decent but for that model it's a tad overpriced 

They were the cheapest of that model I could find :frowning2:. God damn it's so hard to find a speaker system.

edit: Also, I have a sound card for my PC so if a speaker system I choose has a headphone jack does it have it's own 'sound card'/amp or does it use my sound card?

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 11
edit: Also, I have a sound card for my PC so if a speaker system I choose has a headphone jack does it have it's own 'sound card'/amp or does it use my sound card?

No, your headphone out jack will be essentially the same as your speaker out. It will mute the speakers and transmit the sound through the headphone jack on that system.

I'd say go for the Microlab 6C, they're awesome value for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back