Best sounding NC headphones currently?
Jun 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AlliumPorrum

New Head-Fier
I have been quite happy with my AKG NC490's for few years now, but now that I heard Sennheiser Momentum Wirelesses, I started to think about some upgrades... But since I have not followed this scene for few years now, I must admit that I have no idea of current models and their pros/cons over all.

When I bought AKG's few years ago, I was really happy for their sound quality against other NC models that I listened (except for the basses maybe). I could not stand Bose's, Sony's or  such, because they were far away from the quality of the non-NC models. Of course AKG's also were a bit behind, but not so much IMO.

Now I think that Momentum's are way better, and start to be on a par with non-NC headphones around few hundred euros/dollars. Since my home town does not have much hifi store's, I'm not able to listen for "all" models on a upper range, so I wanted to ask for your advice.

So my questions are;
- if we don't care about the price, what would the best sounding noise cancelling headphones currently on the market?
- have you been able to compare Momentum's against other upper range NC models, and how did you like them?

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 5
The Sennheiser PXC 450 is a very good sounding noise cancelling headphone. I have no idea how it is compared to the new NC Momentum over-ear, but compared to the original Momentum it's more balanced, it has a better sound stage and in my opinion it's sound signature suits more genres.
It does need AAA batteries for the NC and those function for quite a while, but I can imagine you would prefer an integrated USB-rechargeable battery.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 5
  The Sennheiser PXC 450 is a very good sounding noise cancelling headphone. I have no idea how it is compared to the new NC Momentum over-ear, but compared to the original Momentum it's more balanced, it has a better sound stage and in my opinion it's sound signature suits more genres.
It does need AAA batteries for the NC and those function for quite a while, but I can imagine you would prefer an integrated USB-rechargeable battery.

Thanks for you comment Beyakusenn, but I really would like to have a model with USB charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back