Best sounding MP3-player
Apr 14, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #136 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbintoro
Yes i agree with what you said.. if EQ is off... there is only a slight difference in the SQ amon mp3 players. However these mp3 players have different capability in their EQ. You should read the thread i posted earlier on http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=174215&page=3

I hope it makes sense.

Conversely, I made a thread you might've spotted... So... The 5G headphone out is pretty poor

I think we both mean the same thing, but have different ways of saying it... maybe even my negatives about the ipod headphone out may be similar to your own.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #137 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I should?

...there is only at best the smallest of differences between all the players on the field these days, unlike 2-3 years ago when ipods were mass marketed POS that sold by name alone...

[...]

So, yes - If EQ'ing is your game, there is better out there, but from a purely technical standpoint, I think you'd find that the players of 2006 are much closer in sound / ability than you realise.

Are you serious?
I never listen to music with eq (unless the player is really boring without) and have traded some players in due to the fact (to my ears anyway) that they sound very different (sq wise - not just the s-signature) just flat. For example, the meizu e3 sound very boring, flat, when compared to monolith, which is the best sounding player to me in flat mode. I agree, the difference become more noticable when applying eq. But I totally disagree with you about that the differences are (at best) small. They are there and very much noticable (at least).

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #138 of 143
Duncan is invited of course to compare the "BEST" in the form of the Monolith against the iPod... I certainly have no particular use for the Monolith Premium on the basis of sound quality despite using headgear where this difference should be very apparent.

Some people are very sure of themselves based on very little experience
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #139 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Duncan is invited of course to compare the "BEST" in the form of the Monolith against the iPod... I certainly have no particular use for the Monolith Premium on the basis of sound quality despite using headgear where this difference should be very apparent.

Some people are very sure of themselves based on very little experience
tongue.gif

That sounds like a plan
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll take you up on that.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #141 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191
The new HiMD RH1 is rumoured to have full Mac support for the first time.
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=14814

That great news! If the program will work with Sonys 20gig player? I'll have a good replacment for the Ipod.

I've allways felt that Sonys atrac sounds better than Aiff(more musical).
It must be there acoustical shaping? It never made any scent to me but when I A-B'd a CD and a MD, the MD sounded better. It could have been the machines aswell.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #142 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Have you compared the latest ATRAC incarnation against the best of current AAC and MP3?

If not, please do - you could be positively surprised.

I've done the comparison myself (double blind) and for me, Atrac is the worst currently available.

YMMV, of course.

Have not! The last MD I had was the Atrac type R?(i think). it was the last type they made before they when to Hi-MD, so I got like 80 min. per disc.
I have heard the later stuff and prefer the last built of the high bit rate stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back