BEST SOUNDING DAP..........
Mar 7, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #17 of 37
I have a Zune right now and I absolutely love it, but I still miss my H120 from time to time. I've had a Zen Xtra, a Karma, an X5, a few little flash players, but the Zune and the H120 are top of the heap as far as I'm concerned. Zune for the elegance of the hardware and the SQ (ridiculous), H120 because it feels like an audio swiss army knife. One caveat about the H120: watch out for faulty hard drives.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 37
H140....

I bought 4, just in case
orphsmile.gif

can't beat the optical out, love the storage and Rockbox....it's a no brainer

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]Has any recent DAP ever topped the Creative JukeBox 3 in sheer quality?[/size]

I believe thats a "NO". Inconviniences aside, the nomad is the only dap that comes close to the sq of my oldschool D515, except the imod, but that's line-out vs line-out already.

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #21 of 37
Purely speaking about SQ, Sony DAPs sound very pleasant.

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]Has any recent DAP ever topped the Creative JukeBox 3 in sheer quality?[/size]

I owned the njb3, it was a gorgeous sounding dap, the headphone was just great, probably the best I ever heard (even beating out the Karma). However, the karma has a great eq that works well in terms of synergy with many cans. As for players that are sold currently, dunno...but that Vibez looks good and I would probably jump on that (it's based on the Karma).

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned the njb3, it was a gorgeous sounding dap, the headphone was just great, probably the best I ever heard (even beating out the Karma). However, the karma has a great eq that works well in terms of synergy with many cans. As for players that are sold currently, dunno...but that Vibez looks good and I would probably jump on that (it's based on the Karma).

Thanks for giving this thread a rply, gloco.

I have the VibeZ for a month now and am afraid it's nothing special. It's slightly weaker and lacks the full drive the nomad or oldschool pcdps deliver. Even my Sony minidisc in flat EQ gives better presentation than the VibeZ. If I'd purchase a new current DAP, I'd give consideration to the Cowon D2 or the Kenwood HD10GB7. Kenwood seems to be the remaining few to give concentration on audio reproduction over gimmicks. Gone are the oldschool engineers who didnt sell their souls to mass marketing sleekness. And with the price the Kenwood engineers have to pay, I'm afraid the steepness of their units' pricetags with barebones features would also tank in shares.

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the VibeZ for a month now and am afraid it's nothing special. It's slightly weaker and lacks the full drive the nomad or oldschool pcdps deliver. Even my Sony minidisc in flat EQ gives better presentation than the VibeZ. If I'd purchase a new current DAP, I'd give consideration to the Cowon D2 or the Kenwood HD10GB7. Kenwood seems to be the remaining few to give concentration on audio reproduction over gimmicks. Gone are the oldschool engineers who didnt sell their souls to mass marketing sleekness. And with the price the Kenwood engineers have to pay, I'm afraid the steepness of their units' pricetags with barebones features would also tank in shares.

Yeah, the price on those kenwood daps are just insane. Too bad the quality of dap's seem to have gone a bit south of where we were a few years ago when the njb3 and karma were still in production.

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
H120.

Still the best player out there, nothing tops it. Find me another player with optical in/out.

Yeah, now just increase the battery life for me.

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, now just increase the battery life for me.

You can swap out the battery.

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try resetting or modifying the config file for the Vibez and making sure you select "NO" when it asks if you live in France.

Vibez should be just about equal to the Karma, with a much better build quality, albeit in a peculiar design.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+1

Mar 15, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+2, maybe not as accurate as something like a 1G shuffle but definately good SQ and enjoyable EQ. The better Creatives are similar too. IMO.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+2, maybe not as accurate as something like a 1G shuffle but definately good SQ and enjoyable EQ. The better Creatives are similar too. IMO.

+3. My Sony HD-5 smoked my iPod in terms of SQ. It's the reason i won't buy a new DAP until I at least hear their next large capacity model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back