BEST SOUNDING DAP..........
Mar 15, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #31 of 37
I am another Sony follower since their Walkman series in the 80s. I wish they would bring back the simple treble and bass SQ adjustment to their DAP in the same way they had it in their wonderful sounding Minidisc players back in the 90s. My Sony Minidisc player is still the perfect match to my Senn and AKG headphones, IMO.

SONY DAPs, is there any other?

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can swap out the battery.

Uh.. it's got a built-in battery... Not something you can easily swap out.

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #34 of 37
[size=medium]Thanks to MarcusL, Dura and Gloco for my inquiry about modern DAP's topping the venerable Nomad JukeBox 3 (NJ3). I guess manufacturers are still targeting the consumer crowd as opposed to the audiophile crowd.

I still use my Sony D-EJ2000 PCDP as a portable source, but a modern audiophile-caliber DAP with lossless compression, sizeable storage and clean, high quality sound would be so much more convenient. I wanted to believe Creative (or someone else) would eventually try to trump their earlier NJ3 effort.

I'll probably look the VibeZ and similar offerings over. Unfortunately, I have found little to get really excited about in the DAP market.[/size]

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did the Nomad Jukebox 3 sound so good?

A rose tinted memory, lack of ABX testing?
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh.. it's got a built-in battery... Not something you can easily swap out.

Requires opening the H120...very easy procedure and very easy to find replacable batteries that far exceed the battery life on the regular H1xx series.

Besides the H120 (RockBox'd)...I vouch for my Cowon A2...very fun sounding, 6 band eq, and Cowon has big reps for sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back