Best sounding budget cd player under $300? This looks like a good deal...
Oct 16, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 9
A DAC is only as good as the source you feed it with.

Oct 20, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 9
Cam audio is reasonable gear for cheap prices. I had auditioned this player some time ago (In the UK) and it sounded sweet. However this is quite an old machine now, which has been replaced by the Azure range, which in the Uk are selling for less than the $299 of that machine you are looking at.

I am not sure what other options you have available in the states, but you do know that if you want quality hifi, then save your money and buy British.

HTH??

Oct 21, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #6 of 9
The NAD 5something BEE and the Marantz in the $299 price range are the ones to beat. Both sound way better than the comparable Sony's, Denon's and chinese machines at least to these ears and on CD. The Sony's with SACD discs sound superior.

Oct 21, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8
The NAD 5something BEE and the Marantz in the $299 price range are the ones to beat. Both sound way better than the comparable Sony's, Denon's and chinese machines at least to these ears and on CD. The Sony's with SACD discs sound superior.

(NAD 521BEE & Marantz 5400)

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 9
Hi guys,

Also looking for a budget but hi end cd player. But also with a good headphone amp build in. Also willing to buy a player and then mod.

Any suggestions?

ps:I'm not a tube lover (except for recording)

Thanks

Michiel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back