CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 22, 2016 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31,809

NymPHONOmaniac

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a new debut for this thread, following same passion about seeking highest sound benefit return wtv price range but mostly sub-2000$ price range.
We accept diversity of sound perception, yet if only one reviewer or audiophile on planet earth praise an audio product, it will sure not make the Top Sound value list here.
(work in progress, the goal is to include SOUND VALUE focused IEM, Headphones, DAP, Dongles list as well as finding most trustable reviewers website and youtube channel, all will be added here to facilitate consumers choice)

''RULES'' OF THIS THREAD:
-Agree to disagree about diversity of sound rendering appreciation
-Keeping in mind ''sound value'' honnesty
-Accepting sound benefit while lower can happen in higher end audio gear too, which doesn't mean always at all
-Trying to be chill, friendly and don't take personaly others subjective sound impressions as an attack on your credibility
-Not using this thread for reviews link airport, if so, ask yourself: Is it truely an exceptional sound benefit audio product?
-Not insult btw heafier, no malovence between us, its about common passion of high sound value

TOP SOUND VALUE AUDIO GEAR
(on the way coming soon)

SUB-100$

SUB-1000$

ABOVE 1000$ END GAME AUDIO BLISS AND WHY

PS: The goal of this thread is to complement and preserve Chifi Love vibe group here and push it further with Top Value list:https://www.facebook.com/groups/517665269706033

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 31,809
Great idea for a thread! I'm an avid reader of the chinese threads and I have quite a few of the phones mentioned. However I would love it if the prices in this thread allso went a bit higher, maybe upp to around 100$ or so. Myself I feel I'm done with the sub 30$range, I am amazed at the quality available for the price but it's just that "for the price" I don't need to buy more IEMs that are good for their price, I now want IEMs that are good. Recently got the LZ-A3 wich I consider to be just that, good! For an affordable price

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 31,809
Great idea for a thread! I'm an avid reader of the chinese threads and I have quite a few of the phones mentioned. However I would love it if the prices in this thread allso went a bit higher, maybe upp to around 100$ or so. Myself I feel I'm done with the sub 30$range, I am amazed at the quality available for the price but it's just that "for the price" I don't need to buy more IEMs that are good for their price, I now want IEMs that are good. Recently got the LZ-A3 wich I consider to be just that, good! For an affordable price

Hi, thanks for the reply.
How many sub-30$ IEM do you have and can you tell us what are the REAL GEMS among them??

Me too I read alot about promising Chinese brands here but most of reviews or impressions are from replies somewhere in the millions of posts that we can find on headfi. As there will be surely more than an hundred of IEM at less than 30$ that will be in this list, we can include a special MUST HAVE section, like, SUPREME bang for the buck under 100$.

I mean, taking for example the Plextone x46M that doesn't sound ultimately good and have a somewhat cavernous sound but have big soundstage and no distortion whatever you put in them, the fact that they can be found for less than 8$ put the relativity of price value very high in the balance and I will consider a price of 40$ reasonable for this kind of product. I want this list to be usefull for music enthusiast that search super good value earphones too and aren't overwhelmed collector like us...
Can we possibly conclude that a 80$ earphone gem can sound like 300$ earphones?  Hum....what about a section of 30 to 60$ ultimate gems that will be more selective. Like a 3 drivers earphones  that sound very good at less than 60$ that will be something just the Chinese market can make.
Not so long ago it was really hard to find dual drivers earphones at less than 100$, it was the JVC HA-FXT90 and that's about it, now we can find equal or better sounding one at less than 30$ (VJJB V1, KZ ZN1), THAT'S a miracle for audiophile on budget.

So, let's find more MIRACLES!

And I will update my first post with more discoveries as time goes.

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 31,809
In not that long I will receive orders of 10 different sub-60$ earphones and include new impressions here. As well as I will have to find all the praised chinese gems that I see on Headfi and put them in the list.

Anybody have heard the KZ HDS2 (10$) that look like the clone of 150$ Yamaha EPH-100? Will receive them soon I hope and compare them to the EPH-100 that I own and feel it do not worth 150$ even if the sound is really revealing. If it happen that the HDS2 can compete with them, well, my quest will became even more obsessive!
The HDS2 I bought: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-HDS2-6-MM-Headphones-Fone-De-Ouvido-Earphone-Auriculares-Steelseries-Go-Pro-Audifonos-dj-Earphones/32530156740.html

L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
L3000.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 31,809
Very interesting thread as there are some IEM's in this category that I am considering. Amongst them the Sendiy M2 and the HLSX 808. Still haven't made my mind which one to go for. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 31,809
Yeah I read about them too and was I finaly bought them 2 weeks ago, still waiting but will write fast impressions as soon as heard them a little
etysmile.gif

For now, i'm still thinking about the list and need to be somekind of headfier chinese earphones detective for more time.

Some aliexpress of happy consumer review for the SENDIY M2:

''The product is AMAZING! No other way to put it. I personally like the silver nozzles as I am a bit of a bass head. While these must be "V" shaped, it is not apparent at all! I hear every nuance in the music as I hear with my TF10's (no kidding). These are a winner, an absolute winner! I am speechless so, I will leave it there.''

''Using it with silver sound filter - and changed eartips to Sony Hybrids. Actually each eartips with wide bore will be good. And you will get in this case great highs - crisp, but without sibilance, outstanding details, fool mids. Bass - just great!''

I heard about the HLSX 808 after my big buying.
The ones that own them ADORE it...and they are avid collector with alot of different earphones.

Will include both in the list!

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 31,809
Ya right, and it's just the beginning!

Viva China earphona!

Can you put a little condensed descriptions for all the earphones you suggest?
Just to have an idea of their sounds...TK got looooooooot of praise, look like the holy grail of earphones!

Hum, and what your favorite sub-30$ chinese earphone if I may ask too?

Cheers!

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 31,809
cool.gif
Nymphono, HOLD off on purchasing that ER580. I have Both the VJJB V1 and the ER 580 and they are fairly similar. Good Sounding but not Stellar. Once I get settled in My new job, (within a couple weeks),  PM me Your address and I will send you a pair of ER580.

Your Welcome.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back