CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 9, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,176 of 31,831

Till now I came across Joyroom JR-E103 and 
USAMS Tenna (HSTL), both of which are very difficult to find​

Are there any other recommendations in the <$25 range? ​

Thank you.

Ah, the elusive Tenna ... I spent a better part of last summer hunting them down, ending up at a supplier at Taobao (I  think) who was willing to sell, depending on how many thousand pieces I needed :) Sounded like he is about to turn on the assembly line again. 

As for sleep phones ... I jumped the gun and ordered these guys to the tune of 36$, you can find them under "Light 5mm Mini Dynamic Super Bass HIFI Sleeping", looks even smaller than the before mentioned MusicMaker TW1, the reviews on Ali are good so far. I am still waiting for them to arrive (and then me get to my mail receiving address, which will be in June :) 

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #2,177 of 31,831
  Off-topic question: Is it safe to order stuff from Ali Express? I am a little hesitant as this website doesn't accept PayPal. Is it possible to request a seller on Ali Express to accept PayPal?

So far I only had one hiccup with Aliexpress. But not on the payment side. Their system showed something had been delivered (which clearly was not true, as it was then delivered 2 weeks later, but they asked me to prove that I did not receive it ... how am I supposed to prove that? Photo of empty door step? :D

They make you jump actually through a bunch of hoops to get an address verified, it 'feels' quite safe .. and then again, it is a bit of a gamble, but heck, at those cheap prices :) 

Aliexpress is a very dangerous rabbit hole to crawl down into ...  I ended up with way too many 5$ IEMs :D 

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #2,181 of 31,831

Ah, the elusive Tenna ... I spent a better part of last summer hunting them down, ending up at a supplier at Taobao (I  think) who was willing to sell, depending on how many thousand pieces I needed :) Sounded like he is about to turn on the assembly line again. 

As for sleep phones ... I jumped the gun and ordered these guys to the tune of 36$, you can find them under "Light 5mm Mini Dynamic Super Bass HIFI Sleeping", looks even smaller than the before mentioned MusicMaker TW1, the reviews on Ali are good so far. I am still waiting for them to arrive (and then me get to my mail receiving address, which will be in June :) 

I also bought the AK Light (2016) Earphones (32Ω, 90dB/mW, 12Hz-24KHz, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic, Tethered cable [$36.34]) last Fall.

They sound pretty good, and have a small housing, but a large diameter nozzle, which keeps them from being inserted very deeply in my ears (and with the included tips, they wouldn't stay in my ears while laying down).  I found some good quality silicone ear tips from Penon Audio, which fit the larger nozzles - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-S-M-L-High-Quality-Silicone-Eartips-for-Inner-ear-Earphones/32670205604.html - and keep them in place.  While they stay in-place now, the large diameter nozzle still isn't very comfortable in my ears when I'm laying down.

The MEMT X5 has a housing that's nearly as small, and has a smaller nozzle.  The included ear tips don't seal all that well for me, but with some replacement tips [  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4F3WXK/ ], they're comfortable, and sound great.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,182 of 31,831
Hi friends,

Greetings,

I am having Shozy zero & RHA MA750 ,B&W P5 & Mi headphone.I m trying for good Dap around 100-125$ (Xduoo i m getting good reviews).

What's ur take on Mi IEM pro hd is it worth 25$ .

Any other IEM with Dual driver,good sound stage,isolation,neutral warm & surrounding effect under 35$.

Also provide their cheapest buying link online .

Thanks in advance

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2,183 of 31,831
Hi friends,

Greetings,

I am having Shozy zero & RHA MA750 ,B&W P5 & Mi headphone.I m trying for good Dap around 100-125$ (Xduoo i m getting good reviews).

Any other IEM with Dual driver,good sound stage,isolation,neutral warm & surrounding effect under 35$.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't restrict yourself to dual drivers, some single drivers are as good or better than the hybrids IMO

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,185 of 31,831
Hi friends,

Greetings,

Thanks in advance

The SOMiC V4 is a really nice dual dynamic driver earphone that meets all your criteria except maybe isolation. It's about average for a dynamic driver based earphone but can be improved slightly with over-ear wear or foam tips. Gearbest seems to offer the best prices (that's why I bought mine there).

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_351813.html?wid=21

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #2,186 of 31,831
  Off-topic question: Is it safe to order stuff from Ali Express? I am a little hesitant as this website doesn't accept PayPal. Is it possible to request a seller on Ali Express to accept PayPal?

Ali Express is very similar to Ebay/Paypal in terms of consumer protection. If you buy from a seller and you aren't happy with a purchase they will often try to negotiate with you because, just like on Ebay, giving the purchase a bad ranking can be very damaging to their business.

I recently had to use/test Ali Express' user protection because one of the products I ordered was ending it's protection period, a period in which, Ali Express takes responsibility for and will step in to resolve any issues that a consumer may have. My issue was simple, the protection period was ending and I hadn't received the product yet nor had it even reached my country. I asked if they could extend the shipping period which I believe automatically extends Aliexpress' protection period, but they told me to just wait and that it would arrive. I said this wasn't satisfactory, declined their proposal, Aliexpress stepped in after a few days, examined the case, I only had to post a picture of the tracking and offered me a full refund.

This, and a comply earphone tip that were sent in the wrong color are the worst things that ever happened to me on Aliexpress so for now I can say that I'm satisfied with the site.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,187 of 31,831

Ali Express is very similar to Ebay/Paypal in terms of consumer protection. If you buy from a seller and you aren't happy with a purchase they will often try to negotiate with you because, just like on Ebay, giving the purchase a bad ranking can be very damaging to their business.

I recently had to use/test Ali Express' user protection because one of the products I ordered was ending it's protection period, a period in which, Ali Express takes responsibility for and will step in to resolve any issues that a consumer may have. My issue was simple, the protection period was ending and I hadn't received the product yet nor had it even reached my country. I asked if they could extend the shipping period which I believe automatically extends Aliexpress' protection period, but they told me to just wait and that it would arrive. I said this wasn't satisfactory, declined their proposal, Aliexpress stepped in after a few days, examined the case, I only had to post a picture of the tracking and offered me a full refund.

This, and a comply earphone tip that were sent in the wrong color are the worst things that ever happened to me on Aliexpress so for now I can say that I'm satisfied with the site.

With Ali it seems like most feedback never actually shows up, a seller has to give you feedback for it to show. So if you open a dispute then the seller knows not to give you feedback to avoid get a bad rap themselves. In the last month alone I've had about 15 disputes, all being found in my favour but not without a lot of work on my part. Each item is a different dispute as well.

Go into it expecting problems that way you're presently surprised when it goes smoothly.

<edit> 13 in 6 weeks with another to be opened tomorrow 
angry_face.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #2,188 of 31,831

The SOMiC V4 is a really nice dual dynamic driver earphone that meets all your criteria except maybe isolation. It's about average for a dynamic driver based earphone but can be improved slightly with over-ear wear or foam tips. Gearbest seems to offer the best prices (that's why I bought mine there).

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_351813.html?wid=21

hi whats ur thought on rock zircon nano

Mar 12, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #2,190 of 31,831
My tennmak pros suddenly died on me. the left earbud stopped working. At first, I thought it was a cable issue but after switching cables it seems that the earbud is the one with the problem. Should I buy the new tennmaks( one with the braided cable)? i did like the sound and isolation it offered me. Or can you guys recommend other options as well? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back