"Best" song for demonstrating the Grado sound...
Jun 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #62 of 75
My fave song to test Grados is Hurts So Good by John (Cougar) Mellenkamp. The growl and twang of the guitars really shine with Grados.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #64 of 75
Humm .. you guys need to buy some decent records!

The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination .. killer lp

Or ... Hawkwind - Quark, Strangness and Charm - that 80's space rock sound.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #66 of 75
Anything by Andy McKee or Antoine Dufour.

The grados make acoustic guitar shine reminiscent to the way the L3000 does, minus some of the intimacy and weight of the music. Still great by all means.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #70 of 75
I've seen a bunch of Clapton mentions... I'm pretty sure that I remember hearing John Grado talk about Clapton being something he tunes his headphones to.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #71 of 75
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudkip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dashboard - Modest Mouse

Another vote for Modest Mouse, although I prefer Float On of Good News For People Who Love Bad News.

I vote for Float On too.  Just love that song  
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #73 of 75
dayum I haven't been here in like 4-5 years and these kinds of tunes are still rockin the grado-heads... SOLID!!

Cheers and Happy Listening!!

SRV - Little Wing or Riviera Paradise.  No other headphone does SRV right (IMHO)
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
The Eagles Millenium Concert - AWESOME renditions of Hotel California, Easy peaceful feeling... and a BUNCH of their other classics, all well mastered
Diana Krall - Live in Paris for female vocals
Clapton Unplugged - The entire recording is GREAT with Grados
Van Halen I

Sometimes I'll pop in a DVD into the macbook and use
AC/DC Live at River Plate

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #75 of 75
Let's put grado in perspective. They're old school. I'm not saying they don't sound right with modern music. Their essence is just old school. Old school maker, old school look, old school tuning. Awesome old school. They need old school music.

Dire straits, Eagles, etc. you're not only gonna capture the sound of grado but the essence of grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back