Best solution for a dedicated audio-computer? Hard and software.
May 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

isaac r

New Head-Fier
I am trying to find the best solution for all my mediafiles.
I have both musicfiles in various formats, flac and mp3 and wav primarly.
I have many musicvideos and music-dvds.
I stream some music from stream-providers.

Everything can be done from my pc. BUT its not flexible, and looks "geeky" to sit in front of the pc.
I guess many people use tablets to run software and apps etc.

Currently im using my DUNE HD mediabox to play all sorts of music(it supports everything), all videofiles, and movies Blu-Ray and Dvd and such.
Use my tv as a monitor, to watch everyhing. It works fine with Blu-Ray movies and videoclips etc. But not music in any format.

But I need a better solution. For my all my music-files and streams.

Its all feed to my Marantz Pm6003 Stereo-Amp, connected to 2-5 speakers depending on wether its music or movies playback.

So im trying to build a cool mediasolution, maybe a standalone pc with jukebox-software and KODI software, and a touchscreen. Or maybe just a tablet running eveything.
What kind of mediacenter is the most flexible, with the best output(bitperfect) spdif or coaxial or hdmi, and with pretty and informative software/interface, with many features, and great quality, and coverart and maybe lyrics etc. I dunno if there is one solution, or many solutions.
I mean my pc can run everything, maybe that is the best platform, combined with KODI and maybe other jukebox-software, running on windows7. And all the right plugins and conncected to the internet.

What kind of all-in-one solution does the "cool" people usually use? I dont want to use any kind of apple-products, it has to be Windows/Android.
Im guessing a tablet is good but a bit small screenwise. Maybe a 22-24" touchscreen is the ideal screensolution, and then just a normal pc, maybe with cusombuilt interface.
My Dune is currently by far the best solution for HD movies, it runs everything smooth. I will upgrade to Zappiti to see if that works for me.

But for music i want a cool and flexible solution, with great output capabilites.

May 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Your post is kind of all over the place, so it makes it difficult to answer. See if you can be more concise about your goals, and the constraints you have for implementing them.

As it stands now, the computers you're using seem to do just fine for what you're wanting to do. But then I'm not exactly sure what you want.

May 25, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 4
I want a touchscreen connected to something, a dedicated pc is what im thinking, and running some kind of cool GUI.
Mouse and keyboard is not an option. Other than booting the machine.
I have seen jukebox-software, and it looks cool. Maybe that and either a cool interface for music-streaming, or somehow get it integrated into KODI. Its realle simple, i want all my music integrated into one complete software or interface. Windows looks well not cool. Think about people that have a MAME Arcade custom built machine. It runs some kind of windows under all the GUI. Thats what im thinking maybe a interface similiar to the best MAME arcade machines.

What is all over the place FieldEffect? Im just saying maybe i cant get a all in one solution atm, not a big problem, but id rather have a cool interface like, I forgot the name, some of the best MAME arcade machines custombuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back