Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #7,816 of 7,916
That looks very interesting, but it seems very hard to get here in Europe (SK,CZ) as it is not officially sold here. Does anyone by any chance have a recommendation on where to buy it online and have it shipped here in EU? I found some sellers from Ireland on ebay but not sure if they are reliable.

dont some local internet stores offer them ? here in Latvia there are shops selling v20 ds, some are a bit over 400 eur and some over 700(including all taxes), some shops also offer g6 h870DS that was the quad dac spec if i understand correctly(wont post links since im not sure how trustworthy are the shops and it would be advertising)

anybody here using g6 H870DS in EU, are there any problems with them and are all H870DS the good ones ?

May 26, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,817 of 7,916
[QUOTE = "mas99, post: 13510854, member: 469491"] Eu tenho o preto desta loja, e esse é o meu segundo Vivo, depois do Xshot. Estou mais do que feliz. Design bonito e premium, grande vida útil da bateria. Depois de um mês, não me arrependo da minha decisão. [/ QUOTE]
Great my friend... Best Smartphone.

May 28, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #7,821 of 7,916
It's pretty low end with the 4xx series snapdragon chip in it (which means it is gonna lack in performance)and have heard that gps isn't quite as acurate as it should be, other than that it has nothing wrong with it, though then again for 120 used, guess it's ok price to ask.

May 29, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #7,822 of 7,916
I recently got back to my SGS (Voodoo Control Plus Wolfson WM8994) & It just trumps my Alienware and OP3 no competition at all.

Any SGS users here ? how does this stack against the new devices ? The SGS III's Siyah kernel also allowed it to have good sound iirc..

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #7,823 of 7,916
This is a very long thread and possibly there are somewhere already expressed fine opinions about my query. Nevertheless I could not find clear answers. I think this thread is the best place to apply for some specific answers.
I am planning to buy a secondhand iPhone 5s or iPhone 4s as a dedicated music player. I will be using this iPhone together with my Fiio e12 Mont Blanc portable amp and high impedance/low sensitivity headphones (250 Ohm and 600 Ohm). I know that the 5s has the better built-in DAC but does not provide line-out (LOD) through the lightning dock , and that the 4s has a decent built-in DAC but has the option to use line-out via the 30-pin connector so that its internal amp and volume contral can be bypassed.
I would like to hear some opinions of head-fiers regarding sound quality regarding the two above-described configurations. Thanks in advance!!!

May 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #7,824 of 7,916
This is a very long thread and possibly there are somewhere already expressed fine opinions about my query. Nevertheless I could not find clear answers. I think this thread is the best place to apply for some specific answers.
I am planning to buy a secondhand iPhone 5s or iPhone 4s as a dedicated music player. I will be using this iPhone together with my Fiio e12 Mont Blanc portable amp and high impedance/low sensitivity headphones (250 Ohm and 600 Ohm). I know that the 5s has the better built-in DAC but does not provide line-out (LOD) through the lightning dock , and that the 4s has a decent built-in DAC but has the option to use line-out via the 30-pin connector so that its internal amp and volume contral can be bypassed.
I would like to hear some opinions of head-fiers regarding sound quality regarding the two above-described configurations. Thanks in advance!!!

Why don't you consider buying dac/amp i.e. dragonfly black/red or aqua dac for 5s. It does really better job than internal dac of course since iphone SQ is not that good. Having just amp will bring just power but not SQ.

May 30, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #7,825 of 7,916
Dear Vivo xplay6 fellows,

In case you are interested in joining facebook group served for people who share same interest on vivo xplay6. feel free to participate in https://www.facebook.com/groups/799869356843888/?fref=ts

Note that the main language used is in Thai but feel free to talk in English. Hope to see you guys.

May 30, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #7,826 of 7,916
Because I "beleive" (based on measurements done by Ken Rockwell and Archimago) that the DAC output of these iPhones are of high enough quality without audible distortion. In my opinion the analog stage/amping is much more important to preserve the analog signal once it has come out of the built-in DAC. The Fiio e12 is a powerful portable amp that is able to drive high impedance/low sensitivity headphones. I rather put my money in a good amp section than in a dac/amp. The dragonfly black/red or aqua dac connected to an iPhone are not capable of amping high impedance/low sensitivity headphones. For the latter I need a lot of juice.
Question remains if it is better to use an iPhone 5s headphone jack (at max volume) or the iPhone 4s LOD (30 pin Line Out Dock) when using high impedance/low sensitivity headphones together with a Fiio e12?

May 30, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #7,827 of 7,916
Because I "beleive" (based on measurements done by Ken Rockwell and Archimago) that the DAC output of these iPhones are of high enough quality without audible distortion. In my opinion the analog stage/amping is much more important to preserve the analog signal once it has come out of the built-in DAC. The Fiio e12 is a powerful portable amp that is able to drive high impedance/low sensitivity headphones. I rather put my money in a good amp section than in a dac/amp. The dragonfly black/red or aqua dac connected to an iPhone are not capable of amping high impedance/low sensitivity headphones. For the latter I need a lot of juice.
Question remains if it is better to use an iPhone 5s headphone jack (at max volume) or the iPhone 4s LOD (30 pin Line Out Dock) when using high impedance/low sensitivity headphones together with a Fiio e12?

Alright. If you insist that way. Answering your question. Dock to mini is better than using mini to mini for line out usage.

May 30, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #7,828 of 7,916
I appreciate your feedback but it is still no answer to my query.
I know that in principle line-out is the better option. Only the iPhone 5s has no line-out but has an alleged better built-in DAC, whereas the iPhone 4s has line-out and an almost as good DAC.
I have read a lot of reviews and seen a lot of measurements, but nowhere I have seen some objective/substantiated" views" comparing the sound quality of the iPhone 5s headphone output versus the iPhone 4s LOD. And I am looking for good information on that subject only.

May 30, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #7,829 of 7,916
Sorry that I misinterpret your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back