Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Mar 21, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,156 of 5,166
hey guys
i'm currently pairing my Mee Audio Pinnacle P1s with Fiio X3ii and i was wondering what would be a good smartphone to replace the x3ii with. preferably around 200$. it was mentioned in the first post that Xiaomi Mi Note can compare with X3ii. is this true? i have Xiaomi Note 4x, and i can say for sure that x3ii sounds better (using v4a). are these two smartphones that different sound-wise?
also i've heard a lot about Meizu smartphones' SQ. any comparisons with Fiio X3ii or Xiaomi Note 4x would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,157 of 5,166
hey guys
i'm currently pairing my Mee Audio Pinnacle P1s with Fiio X3ii and i was wondering what would be a good smartphone to replace the x3ii with. preferably around 200$. it was mentioned in the first post that Xiaomi Mi Note can compare with X3ii. is this true? i have Xiaomi Note 4x, and i can say for sure that x3ii sounds better (using v4a). are these two smartphones that different sound-wise?
also i've heard a lot about Meizu smartphones' SQ. any comparisons with Fiio X3ii or Xiaomi Note 4x would be appreciated.

I am not lying about SQ of mi note and mi note pro similar to fiio x3ii. Other models from xiaomi is average / below avg. quality.

Axon 7 mini would be an affordable phone but SQ doesn't catch up to fiio x3ii of course.

Consider Meizu pro5 or lg v20 These are very good sounding phones with good smartphone function. (I consider them better than fiio x3ii)

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,158 of 5,166
hey guys

Ehh Mi note was one of Xiaomi flagship released 3 years ago and was then followed by Mi note 2 and then Mi note 3. Note 4x actually belongs to the Redmi line which is Xiaomi mid-range.

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,164 of 5,166
Thanks for your reply, means you're still in Lolipop.
You should stay away from Nougat firmware. Google integration still broken

Lolipop or not sadly more often than not there're problems with Google integration on Meizu phones. Sometimes they are just small hiccups but can still be annoying.
In my case, when I was on one of Lolipop's stable build with my Pro 5, my music always got disrupted whenever I entered Google now.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,165 of 5,166
From latest build of UAPP, does any of devices apart from LG get a HiRes support?

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,166 of 5,166
Lolipop or not sadly more often than not there're problems with Google integration on Meizu phones. Sometimes they are just small hiccups but can still be annoying.
In my case, when I was on one of Lolipop's stable build with my Pro 5, my music always got disrupted whenever I entered Google now.

I don't use google now, that's why even though I also on Lolipop stable builf, I don't know about this problem.
The problem with nougat firmware in my case, I was able to download all my paid apps but I will not succesfully activated as paid. Happened with Poweramp, Bubbleupnp and other apps.

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #1,167 of 5,166
@MEIZU owners
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...-apps-uncertified-android-devices-heres-deal/

Meizu is being targeted by Google.

Maybe try microG? It will help to spoof phone identity, need xPosed with FakeGApps version 2.0.

microG allows use of google apps, including calendar, drive, keep, maps etc without play services. Google games (play) don't work though.

Details at XDA. Look for microG unofficial installer. Need root & twrp.

PS: Don't install Play store & google apps from meizu installer. Use microG version's playstore.

PPS: 4PDA.RU have soundlibs mod from flyme 4.x to copy into Flyme 5.x, allowing same sonic quality of flyme 4.x

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,169 of 5,166
@MEIZU owners
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...-apps-uncertified-android-devices-heres-deal/

Maybe try microG? It will help to spoof phone identity, need xPosed with FakeGApps version 2.0.

microG allows use of google apps, including calendar, drive, keep, maps etc without play services. Google games (play) don't work though.

PS: Don't install Play store & google apps from meizu installer. Use microG version's playstore.

PPS: 4PDA.RU have soundlibs mod from flyme 4.x to copy into Flyme 5.x, allowing same sonic quality of flyme 4.x

From your description, it looks like you need to gain root to use microG as it involves xposed. lollipop flyme 6, I'm doing just fine with GMS installer.
Can you post the soundlibs mod here, too much hassle for me cause I need to register to download on 4pda.ru
Do the mod works on lolipon Flyme 6?

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #1,170 of 5,166
@MEIZU owners

Is this what you mean?
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=751083&st=100#entry51445263

Users who are viewing this thread

Back