Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Nov 29, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #797 of 5,163
for me:
- compact size
- amoled
- at least 4 gigs of ram, 64 gigs of storage, ac wifi
- android
- b20 lte band
- metal body (glass is too bloody sensitive)
- headphone jack + usb-c

yeah, it's basically the oneplus 5t :D looks rad in red:

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #798 of 5,163
for me:
- compact size
- amoled
- at least 4 gigs of ram, 64 gigs of storage, ac wifi
- android
- b20 lte band
- metal body (glass is too bloody sensitive)
- headphone jack + usb-c

yeah, it's basically the oneplus 5t :D looks rad in red:

Nice. when will you pull a trigger? :)

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #802 of 5,163
Trying to Find a DAC phone with Dual SIM which is trickier than u think. My wife has a pair of Sony Blutooth Headphones with LDAC.
Where in the pipeline is LDAC used, is it
1. Source file or Stream -> LDAC Blutooth -> Headphones
2. Source file or Stream -> DAC -> LDAC Blutooth -> Headphones

I guess what Im getting at is, if you have LDAC headphones and Android oreo phone with LDAC (doesnt have to be sony) does having a DAC make any difference?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #803 of 5,163
Anybody know if the stock player in an LG V30 will play ALAC files?

Thanks!

Shane D

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #805 of 5,163
Hello guys. I am new to this forum and hoping to gain some new audio knowledge from all the experts here. I need some advice on upgrading my Huawei P9 Lite which is able to suit my music preferences (I listen mainly to EDM, Trance, Electro). I am currently using two phones; iPhone 6s Plus and Huawei P9 Lite. In a nutshell, my current setup is car stereos which I hook them up via an AUX cable. I did prefer the iPhone 6s Plus as the music feels richer and the bass is punchier however it is my work phone and i am always busy using it thus leaving my Huawei P9 Lite idle. Looking at the Excel chart, Letv Max900 seems to the mobile phone for me but unfortunately it is not available in my country(Malaysia) and the alternatives are only the LG V20 and ZTE Axon 7/Mini. I would like to know if there is another smartphone similar to the Letv Max 900 specs or would a portable amp improves the output for Huawei P9 Lite?

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #806 of 5,163
Hello guys. I am new to this forum and hoping to gain some new audio knowledge from all the experts here. I need some advice on upgrading my Huawei P9 Lite which is able to suit my music preferences (I listen mainly to EDM, Trance, Electro). I am currently using two phones; iPhone 6s Plus and Huawei P9 Lite. In a nutshell, my current setup is car stereos which I hook them up via an AUX cable. I did prefer the iPhone 6s Plus as the music feels richer and the bass is punchier however it is my work phone and i am always busy using it thus leaving my Huawei P9 Lite idle. Looking at the Excel chart, Letv Max900 seems to the mobile phone for me but unfortunately it is not available in my country(Malaysia) and the alternatives are only the LG V20 and ZTE Axon 7/Mini. I would like to know if there is another smartphone similar to the Letv Max 900 specs or would a portable amp improves the output for Huawei P9 Lite?

Axon7 would be nearest alternative for your music genre.

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #807 of 5,163
Dec 3, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #808 of 5,163

Was in the same dilemma as you and ended up going for the LG V20. No regrets, great phone. Drives my 250ohm DT880 well, VSD 5S and Denon D2000 well. Sounds great and good phone all round. Got it from Lazada (T&L Telecom).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back