Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #106 of 5,163
Sorry but i am not an expert audiophile, i just like listening music.. I dont understand what IEM is.. I will use only in-ear headphones, nothing else.. And i dont know how lg v20 sound.. I only have an oppo 7a and i think the music is ok with dirac sound.

I dont wanna use adapters, amps or anything else to improve the quality, cause i will have the phone on my pocket while running. Just the phone.

Then anything in the list would work totally fine for you ^_^ just choose whatever you can find easily in your country.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #110 of 5,163
Just got a HTC u11 (fantastic phone) and I'm listening to some FLAC's streamed through USB Audio Player Pro via the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle with my modded TH-900's and it sounds good. Really good. I'm quite amazed honestly. Could just be some great synergy, I'll have to try some other headphones on it and see how they fare.

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #111 of 5,163
Just got a HTC u11 (fantastic phone) and I'm listening to some FLAC's streamed through USB Audio Player Pro via the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle with my modded TH-900's and it sounds good. Really good. I'm quite amazed honestly. Could just be some great synergy, I'll have to try some other headphones on it and see how they fare.

Great. Please feel free if you can write some mini-review. It would be benefits for community. :)

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #112 of 5,163
It is really long time for me already plus they are tested in different conditions. mx4 pro tested with UE900 with android 4 based while Pro5 is tested with U12 with android 5 base. so hard to tell exactly if Pro5 does better in sound or not.

But they are both decent sound device. That is for sure.

Thank you. Anyway, I have decided on the Meizu Pro 5, because it has a MicroSD card slot. I need one, having over 60 GB of music.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #113 of 5,163
Does anyone have any info regarding the audio quality of Galaxy Alpha? It seems to be quite good and according to my research it uses the Wolfson WM5110.
And is it any better than the One M8?

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #114 of 5,163
yesterday I tricked my V20 into high impedance mode with aux extender and Kennerton headphones, just removing headphones form the extender and inserting Fischer Audio Dubliz Enhanced's cable into it, so it stayed in the mode it was and man o man what a jaw-dropping improvement in a quality , I just could not believe , there is a big smile on my face every time I listen to it, never thought phone could sound this good !

Now I am thinking maybe I should cancel my pre order of Hidizs ap200 ? any suggestions ? I know its hard to advise as ap200 has not been released yet, but still :wink:

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #115 of 5,163
yesterday I tricked my V20 into high impedance mode with aux extender and Kennerton headphones, just removing headphones form the extender and inserting Fischer Audio Dubliz Enhanced's cable into it, so it stayed in the mode it was and man o man what a jaw-dropping improvement in a quality , I just could not believe , there is a big smile on my face every time I listen to it, never thought phone could sound this good !

Now I am thinking maybe I should cancel my pre order of Hidizs ap200 ? any suggestions ? I know its hard to advise as ap200 has not been released yet, but still :wink:

Yes if I were you, I would cancel and save it for AK SP1000 other gadgets that will create a noticeable improvement from LG V20. LG V20 is quite more than enough for portable purpose.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #116 of 5,163
https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G6-Plus-US-price_id96190

Last month, LG announced an upgraded version of its G6 flagship smartphone - the LG G6+ (or LG G6 Plus, if you will). Unlike the regular G6, which has 32 GB of internal memory (at least in the US), the G6+ comes with 128 GB of storage space.

While the G6+ is already available to buy in South Korea, LG didn't say anything about the handset's release in the US, and it's likely that the company doesn't plan to officially launch this upgraded G6 stateside. However, if you just must have an LG G6+, you can now order one via Amazon.

A third-party Amazon seller is offering the international version of the unlocked LG G6+ for $699, in either blue, or gold. Mind you, that's about $200 over the price of the US variant of the unlocked G6. Another thing to keep in mind is that this G6+ unsurprisingly comes without US warranty.

In addition to 128 GB of internal memory, the LG G6+ features a Hi-Fi DAC (digital to analog converter) for enhanced audio quality. Moreover, customers should find a pair of premium B&O PLAY headphones in the box.

The unlocked LG G6+ that's currently available through Amazon is compatible only with GSM/LTE carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile, so it will not work on CDMA/LTE carriers like Verizon and Sprint. If you wish, you can order the phone via the source link below.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #117 of 5,163
Wait for 2-3 month for price to drop ~$200.

LG price at my local shop are always behaving like this.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #118 of 5,163
Yep. LG makes good sounding crap phones... which is why the v20 is like $350 usd here now after 9 months from launch date... the bootloop issue and the ghost images don't help much. I am guessing it might reach 300 mark by the v30 launch... But lg v20 is one of the best phone for sq though.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #120 of 5,163
It might be too early to tell at this moment. With LG best strategy is to wait for 6~12 months from launch date. For the price drop and to see if there's any known issues from their users. I personally think if I were to buy a just released most up to date phone, I would rather look into Sony or htc-.- but damn the new lines of htc have no h.o. Jack:frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back