Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 25, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #601 of 5,166
getting my momentums later today..cant wait..
what will be next step if im keeping my oneplus 5? DAC? amp? or amp/dac?

If you have already bought Oneplus 5 don't worry. Go for dac plus amp unit as it helps in good sound quality as in board snapdragon dac gets cancelled when you connect an external dac

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #603 of 5,166
G6 snapdragon 821 bro

So what ? See my dear this snapdragon 821 is still good as your sd835 . Companies are marketing the chipsets with more horsepowers and rams on sheet but if i can find happy with 821 why do i need 835 ?
By the way i switched from Oneplus 3 to Lg G6 quad dac and for one only one reason , the audio quality and you know what, i got better os, better stability, better battery , and of course better camera all these in a small compact form factor.

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #605 of 5,166
For the G6 Quad, plug in an extension or right angle adaptor or splitter cable to the 3.5mm jack and turn on music player before plugging in headphone to activate "external device" mode.

For non-high-impedance earphones / headphones, the sound is quite evidently different though. Worth it especially for earphones or headphones that sound a little 'thin'.

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #607 of 5,166
So what ? See my dear this snapdragon 821 is still good as your sd835 . Companies are marketing the chipsets with more horsepowers and rams on sheet but if i can find happy with 821 why do i need 835 ?
By the way i switched from Oneplus 3 to Lg G6 quad dac and for one only one reason , the audio quality and you know what, i got better os, better stability, better battery , and of course better camera all these in a small compact form factor.
Thx 4 the input bro

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #608 of 5,166
I have Meridian explorer 1 (got it for free along side a and i think SQ is not as good as Mx4 pro but better than V10.

@Art is the xplay 6 still worth a buy i can get the black one for £400. Will it be updated to Oreo?

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #610 of 5,166

This......a bad chip is a bad chip like SD810 but even though the 835 is better on battery and performance increases 821 is a good chip especially if implemented correctly and paired with good software, I can't say I fault him for wanting the latest hardware though

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #612 of 5,166
For those who own ESS, AKM chip based smartphone and love Neutron music player's simple UI with great Network Playing Functionality.

Please try setting in Audio Hardware Setting in the app by following http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014

It is working really well with my vivo xplay6. It is bit-perfect playback and I really enjoyed it. :)
For those who own ESS, AKM chip based smartphone and love Neutron music player's simple UI with great Network Playing Functionality.

Please try setting in Audio Hardware Setting in the app by following http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014

It is working really well with my vivo xplay6. It is bit-perfect playback and I really enjoyed it. :)

I've been playing DsD through neutron since gettting the v30, but not really sure if its native bit perfect.

Can you take a screen shot of the audio hardware screen? What makes me question it, is when playing dsd you can NOT use eq, but with neutron you can, which make me think that dsd is being converted to pcm. Also, when playing dsd i don't see the right frequency and bit on the hardware screen.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #613 of 5,166

Hey boss.
Great info for xplay6 owners.
I am trying this tip right now and it sounds really really good. My Sony ex800st are loving it.
Do you also have the Dsd sign instead of hifi when using this tip?
I am asking because I don't have any Dsd song and just playing with flac files.

Oct 25, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #614 of 5,166
I have Meridian explorer 1 (got it for free along side a and i think SQ is not as good as Mx4 pro but better than V10.

@Art is the xplay 6 still worth a buy i can get the black one for £400. Will it be updated to Oreo?

If it is in very mint condition, this is really reasonable price to buy. The spec for daily usage is still top notch. beautiful screen, great camera and excellent sound.
Getting Oreo or not, I am not sure but I think rare chance.

I've been playing DsD through neutron since gettting the v30, but not really sure if its native bit perfect.

Can you take a screen shot of the audio hardware screen? What makes me question it, is when playing dsd you can NOT use eq, but with neutron you can, which make me think that dsd is being converted to pcm. Also, when playing dsd i don't see the right frequency and bit on the hardware screen.

I don't think LG provide native DSD playback but instead they provide DoP (which is really hard to A/B test by most users) and stock player restrict using DSP & EQ for Hi-Res?/DSD playback in order to get the purest sound from quad DAC.
So DoP in neutron will convert DSD to uncompressed PCM (24/176.4) bypassing OS's DSP but I believe even you adjust EQ in Neutron, it will not change the sound of DSD playback?

https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/support/what-is-dop-dsd-over-pcm/
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Hey boss.
Great info for xplay6 owners.
I am trying this tip right now and it sounds really really good. My Sony ex800st are loving it.
Do you also have the Dsd sign instead of hifi when using this tip?
I am asking because I don't have any Dsd song and just playing with flac files.

I think the reason DSD symbol appears is because DSD mode in vivo is considered as purest and unmodified sound bypassing Hi-Fi DSP script. which is what neutron trying to do to get bit-perfect playback on Hi-Res supported device.
You can see in Audio Hardware that the frequency is changing according to each song's frequency. (Bits show out:24 because it is the maximum bits the device can play perfectly)
GetAttachmentThumbnail

The sound is quite different from Hi-Fi mode in stock player but it is just another taste. I feel Hi-Fi is better in some songs but some other, bit-perfect is better than Hi-Fi. so you can switch and choose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back