1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192
Next

Last
  1. capitanharlock
    I read some review, and the ones with measurements are really bad.

See:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...rements-of-dacport-hd-and-dragonfly-red.5977/

and:

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2019/08/measurements-dragonflies-audioquest.html

There are many better option on the market, if you would like to spend that much I would choose something else.

2. Zerohour88
    from who? measurement-wise, the Red loses on SINAD and OI to even the Apple 3.5mm USB-C dongle. Barely matches something that costs usd$10. Their products are just overpriced, IMO.

3. sh0bo
    Well, I am pretty much doubtfully about measurements to traduct audio quality.
    10$ dongle beating ~150$ dac... On computer screen magic maybe

Anyway I thinking now saving money for getting a lg v50

4. Chris Kaoss
    Best decision to take, imo. :beyersmile:

5. Pakalini
    So lg v30 is still the king in the jungle? What else can drive planars better than it?

6. chris6878
    How does the lg 50 compare to the v 30? worthy upgrade?

7. clarkydaz
    i'd like to know this opinion aswell. Just had my v30 stolen and wondering if there is much improvement if any

8. TheUnknow
    Vivo's ?

9. cocolinho
    Is v35 thinq = v30 for audio output ?
    Thanks

10. Chris Kaoss
    If tuned by B&O, than yes it is.

11. sh0bo
    Hi,
    Well this review coming from a guy who tested every lg V series phones audio department claims that the v50 is on top of what u can get from a phone. No idea if he ever heards vivo xplay or s phones tho but a fellow of this thread said that he preferred the v50 over the next s who is not far behind de xplay6 from what I understood.

LG v50 seems to be less bright than LG v30

andrewski likes this.
  12. Chris Kaoss
    Sounds good so far.
    Have to verify this by myself, i think. :ksc75smile:
    But in the end it depends on the headphones one's about, which sounds better.
    Best option is to get V50 for brighter headphones and V30 for the opposite ones. ^^
    Joke. :beyersmile:

13. DarkMatter1
    I have had the V50 for a few weeks now.Great phone with great battery life.The audio performance is great also.Its also less brighter than my HTC 10 but Im not missing any details or dynamics.Its all there.And the bass is deeper and more pronounced.Its more closer to neutral compared to the warmer HTC 10.
    PS:The V50 also has a quieter and blacker background vs the HTC 10.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    andrewski likes this.
  14. ratdog
    Is there a limitation on Android phones outputting higher bitrate signals? Can the Axon 7 output more then 16/44 to an external DAC?

15. artpiggo
    No. It can

First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192
Next

Last