Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #2,794 of 5,166
hey. thanks. u hear dx120 and mx4 pro?

more options?

Dx160 haha.

Ibasso is the best in term of sound perforamce per price.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #2,796 of 5,166
After debating and debating (and reading hundreds of posts here and elsewhere) between: Getting an LG for audio playback only, getting a DAC for my iPhone or getting a DAP, I took the LG route. Got a nice G7 second hand (was impossible to get a V30 and the eBay cheap ones are only sold in the US so subject to long shipping times and extra import costs).
For some reason there is no dedicated G7 thread, so asking the question here. I want to get better IEMs for the phone (currently running Tin Audio T3) and also tweak things and i am not sure if the V30 tips which the forum has a lot of are valid for the G7?

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #2,797 of 5,166
After debating and debating (and reading hundreds of posts here and elsewhere) between: Getting an LG for audio playback only, getting a DAC for my iPhone or getting a DAP, I took the LG route. Got a nice G7 second hand (was impossible to get a V30 and the eBay cheap ones are only sold in the US so subject to long shipping times and extra import costs).
For some reason there is no dedicated G7 thread, so asking the question here. I want to get better IEMs for the phone (currently running Tin Audio T3) and also tweak things and i am not sure if the V30 tips which the forum has a lot of are valid for the G7?

Better iem in what price range? Otherwise I will recommend 64audio u18t :wink:

V30 tips should work with G7.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #2,799 of 5,166
Well I would love still to be modest so around 150 EUR - but not sure if this will deliver a difference compared to the T3. Would also like something that isolates well as I listen a lot to music when I travel :)

I'd like to recommend tanchjim oxygen but it seems out of pocket. In 150 eur, I can think of ibasso it01s but I am not sure it will upgrade from Tin.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,800 of 5,166
Well either the LG G8 is louder and more powerful than the LG V50 or there is a loudness cap or limit on the LG V50 LM V500M Korean version.
Update: After the software update the phone finally kicked into high gain with the line out adapter.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,801 of 5,166
Hi,
Have you guys already experienced dragonfly's DAC in otg?

From the few I learned It could be the greatest sound system solution above current phones dedicated DAC and ibasso dongle.
What do you think?

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #2,802 of 5,166
Hi,
Have you guys already experienced dragonfly's DAC in otg?

From the few I learned It could be the greatest sound system solution above current phones dedicated DAC and ibasso dongle.
What do you think?
I usage Xiaomi Pocophone F1 + Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250 ohm and Meizu DAC AMP up to 384khz sample that drives up to 600 ohm headphones it goes on max so loud that I can't stand it longer than few seconds

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #2,804 of 5,166
Since Xplay 6 last update (7.13.1), battery last much longer than before.
Airplane mode + Low Consump. battery mode = no need to charge every couple of weeks.

I don't know what Vivo did but it's nice that they at last optimize their OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back