Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
May 13, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,461 of 5,166
May 13, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #2,462 of 5,166
I just wanted to check with you if there are any recommended settings for the hiby music player. I will research on getting a good set of headphones but thats another day with another budget. With what I have anything to make the sound better, do let me know!

Also have you tried the 44.1 setting using root (as mentioned in the video link above)? I do not want to root the phone just to get this done unless it makes an audible difference.

Hi! I don't use EQ settings in music players, i like to keep the sound as flat as possible, because i have neutral cans. In Dolby the best settings are Film and Custom with volume leveller turned off IMO.
You can search for cheap chi-fi headphones in the chinese topic.
I am satisfied with the sound quality, so i will not root the phone for now, i think casual listeners (as me) won't hear the the difference between 44.1 and 48khz.

May 13, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #2,463 of 5,166
Hi! I don't use EQ settings in music players, i like to keep the sound as flat as possible, because i have neutral cans. In Dolby the best settings are Film and Custom with volume leveller turned off IMO.
You can search for cheap chi-fi headphones in the chinese topic.
I am satisfied with the sound quality, so i will not root the phone for now, i think casual listeners (as me) won't hear the the difference between 44.1 and 48khz.
Thank you!
I dont know if you have already stated it - what are the neutral cans you are referring to, just curious!

What is this Chinese topic? Can you link me to it?

Thanks!

May 13, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #2,464 of 5,166
Thank you!
I dont know if you have already stated it - what are the neutral cans you are referring to, just curious!

What is this Chinese topic? Can you link me to it?

Thanks!

I can recommend ~$100 chinese in-ear: ibasso it01, ostry kc06, meizu live, cca c16.

May 13, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #2,466 of 5,166
Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #2,467 of 5,166
@artpiggo
Thanks for that but I would rather have headphones compared to in-ear, any recommendations in that dept?

grado sr60
audio technica m40x / 50x
superlux hd 668b, hd 681
akg k420

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #2,468 of 5,166
@sorieno
Thanks for the information!

@artpiggo
That is a good recommendation - it is on my notification list (one of our local dealers in India is out of stock with the 60e and the 80e)

Just one question out of my "noob"ness - the phone in question, moto g6 plus, can drive these headphones right? I was wondering if there was a problem in that area due to which my 202s were sounding terrible, just asking as I am not sure.

May 13, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,469 of 5,166
@sorieno
Thanks for the information!

@artpiggo
That is a good recommendation - it is on my notification list (one of our local dealers in India is out of stock with the 60e and the 80e)

Just one question out of my "noob"ness - the phone in question, moto g6 plus, can drive these headphones right? I was wondering if there was a problem in that area due to which my 202s were sounding terrible, just asking as I am not sure.

That is pretty much my concern why I recommend you to buy IEM, not headphone. cuz I am not quite sure for that moto.

However, I think superlux and m50x m40x is quite easy to drive even with phone.

grado and akg do need some more juices.

May 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #2,471 of 5,166
@artpiggo
So that could be why my 202 is behaving so badly?
What additional hardware would I need in that case? I am eyeing massdrop 6xx which is a steal from what I hear. But I am not sure now if my phone can be a worthy source!

You need some more external amp like fiio or zishan but can you always conveniently bring that up in daily life and listen in coffee shop?

But once you can get ve odyssey hd usb -c adapter, I believe that would help you a lot to drive headphone.

I turn on 20% of volume and it is so loud with ve monk.

May 13, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #2,472 of 5,166
@artpiggo

I dont get what you mean by - "but can you always conveniently bring that up in daily life and listen in coffee shop?"

I need to keep an eye out for that cable.
Is ve monk a cable? I can try and get my hands on that - I have had success with ali (at least most of the times :D )

May 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,473 of 5,166
@artpiggo

I dont get what you mean by - "but can you always conveniently bring that up in daily life and listen in coffee shop?"

I need to keep an eye out for that cable.
Is ve monk a cable? I can try and get my hands on that - I have had success with ali (at least most of the times :D )

I mean buy having additional amp like this, do you find it convenient to listen in daily life?

upload_2019-5-13_20-8-40.png

ve monk is $5 earbud and it is so damn good for its price. google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back