1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last
  1. Broquen
    Maybe I can be wrong on some detail, but if you're going to listen to music using Bluetooth, the sound quality of the smartphone (wired) has nothing to do. LDAC is only "how" the music is sent to a Bluetooth receiver (and the receiver does the work). Plain said, your music will sound the same using the same earphones, streamed from a meizu, Xiaomi, Samsung, etc. if the source conditions (file, player and bluetooth codec) are the same.

BTW the suggested setup does not need powerful headphones at all.

EDIT: Xiaomi A1 indeed supports LDAC since Oreo 8.1

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. cannondt
    @Broquen
    So in case I got with an A1, and use the LDAC settings available, then what is the minimum cans I would need to take advantage of the LDAC capabilities?
    I understand your point about BT and sound quality of the phone but if the sound quality of the phone is good I can always use a pair of wired too. But point taken in that it is the receiver that determines the quality. I am guessing my JBL T250BT would never cut it

3. Broquen
    Whichever bluetooth earphone that supports LDAC can take advantage of it, but it does not mean at all that all cans using LDAC sound better than others that use e.g. aptx. The quality of the cans is more important IMO.

On the other hand, LDAC SQ is pretty close to wired.

4. cannondt
    @Broquen
    But LDAC cans cost an arm and leg right? And 2 pieces of hardware would certainly well breach my budget :frowning2:

5. Broquen
    You can always buy some nice cheap cans with mmcx or 2pin detachable cable and use a bluetooth cable adapter. On the other hand, there's at least one true wireless BT cheap model that people here says sound well, but I can't remember which ones.

6. artpiggo
    Huh? You just use with bluetooth stuff. C'mon then you can just buy any phone. It doesnt make much difference from sources.

Broquen likes this.
  7. cannondt
    @artpiggo
    That is just one use case, I have a good pair of wired cans that I want to use with the phone too. So I am trying to service 2 things with one phone, dont get me wrong. BT is only one part of the issue.
    Is there any particular vivo model I can look for?

@Broquen
    I have no clue what that first part of your message meant - some example links would serve to enlighten me.

8. Broquen
    Which part? The detachable cable and bluetooth cable adapter?

9. cannondt
    @Broquen
    Yup and is there some way I can search for that model you are referring to, would solve a lot of problems!

10. artpiggo
    @cannondt I cheer for X21. You can plug in your headphone and test the sound? Go for it.

11. cannondt
    @artpiggo
    X21 is $390 :frowning2:

Would you by any chance know the BT cans @Broquen is referring to as cheap and true?

12. Broquen
    Cheap and good mmcx iems: Senfer DT6 (about 20$), just one option, there're many more.

Example of mmcx bluetooth cheap adapter (same, just an example):

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32892..._id=46amp-DnAlTDMUtYndU-io_B3jBQ1556547213872

Great Bluetooth adapter (not very expensive) with LDAC and really good SQ:

https://www.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-24bit-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Unbalanced/dp/B078H4YD2L

Cannot find the true wireless model, but I think it was in one of the cheap Chinese IEMs thread. You can ask there.

13. artpiggo
    Good luck on your search though. I dont think I can have any further recommendation.

With that limit budget and brand availibilty. It is beyond my capability.

Broquen likes this.
  14. cannondt
    @Broquen
    Thanks, those are nice references, will figure out from there :)

@artpiggo
    Thanks for all the help man, I understand the limitations I have imposed make it impossible! Still I appreciate all your patient responses!

15. cannondt
    @artpiggo
    One small thing - as per the Vivo site both the X21 (https://www.vivo.com/in/products/param/x21) and V7+ (https://www.vivo.com/in/products/param/v7plus) support Hi-Fi chipset (AK4376A). And the latter is pretty less expensive, around 200 USD (https://www.amazon.in/Vivo-V7-Gold-Fullview-Display/dp/B07548NYFP/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=vivo+v7+&qid=1556637269&s=gateway&sr=8-3) - what would your opinion be on the V7+! Please let me know :)

Also does the Honor 10 Lite have a DAC? I am not able to get this information off of the internet!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last