1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last
  1. bencherian
    Guess the good audio mobile phones and good overall other areas of phone don't go together now. Lg G8 is a bad decision with that notch and the least update. Vivo is still there.

I guess i have to go with buy a regular phone like OnePlus or Honor or Asus (Zenfone 6) and pair it with Shanling M0

2. czarodziejnocy
    Do You guys know if Meizu M15 has a DAC and if it's recommended for audio?

3. VonBoedfeld
    There are people who claim that Xiaomi MI 9 and Mi8 have good sound quality.
    Any experience with these devices?

4. tamale
    Hi,
    I am retiring my HTC10, have looked at the chart but not sure which Vivo I should get...

I want the best transparency / imaging. I only listen to Classical so heavy, bassy beats are not important, I prefer a detailed high end.

I will be using the headphone jack with high quality IEMs.

But I don't see much talk about the new Vivo with A4377, or if it is better than previous models. Which is the best model for me?

5. bencherian
    I think lg G or V series sound signature suits you more. Or Shanling M0 connected to any phone via Bluetooth. Am moving away or dropping the concept of taking phone for audio purposes because music phones now sucks at other things like OS or updates and good all rounder phones sucks at music.

6. artpiggo
    If you want vivo, go vivo nex2 for your genre.

But lg v30,g7 is also good for your genre.

7. tamale
    I think I will go for the v30 then, it suits my signature and is pretty cheap. The v30 also has a bigger battery than the G7, which could prove useful. Thank you for your helpful responses!

8. Cortlendt
    Any reason to buy LG G7+ instead of LG G7? They both have quad dac, right?

9. larry piencenaves

does the lg v30+ sound quality really only comparable to a shanling m0?

10. bencherian
    Yes. And it's also quoted here by many

11. artpiggo
    Yes

12. larry piencenaves
    welp, i think its better for me to buy a dap then, anyone here tried xduoo x20? im eyeing on that one for a while, I currently have a zishan z3 + v5id but i wanted an upgrade around 250 bucks.

13. caracal
    Hi guys!
    I'd like to have a phone with a warm signature, and there is a possibility to buy a refurbished mx4 pro or pro 5.

Read in this thread that mx4 pro is best in terms of mids. But how is it compared to pro 5 in bass? Is it as smooth and warm?
    Pro 5 costs almost twice as much btw.

I listen to soul, r&b, electronic music, downtempo.

Would highly appreciate any opinions :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. artpiggo
    why not fiio M7?

15. artpiggo
    mx4 pro has fuller mid than pro 5 but pro 5 does have better sub bass extension. Both are smooth and warm while pro 5 is just a little less warm.

However, I would like you to consider vivo xplay6 for the genre. I mean lookin' at your choice of music, I wanna recommend vivo xplay 6 as an end-game device. I mean for this type of music, I cannot recommend any better.

TheUnknow and caracal like this.
First

Back
145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last