Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Mar 29, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #2,267 of 5,166
Guys I need fast reply I can buy axon 7 mini and HTC 10 which is better in sound? Or shall I go with lg g7 fit with quad dac?

Why the Axon 7 Mini?

Apr 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #2,272 of 5,166
Great thread. My requirement for a portable source is that it can play tidal/qobuz offline playlists and to the best of my knowledge, there aren't many DAPs that do that today? I use the V30 but would be curious if there are others out there that are substantially better.

Apr 1, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,273 of 5,166
Great thread. My requirement for a portable source is that it can play tidal/qobuz offline playlists and to the best of my knowledge, there aren't many DAPs that do that today? I use the V30 but would be curious if there are others out there that are substantially better.
the fiio m6 is cheap and can do that
the v30 is also becoming a fine cheap dac tough

you can find it for 250 eur in my country

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #2,274 of 5,166

If you want sound difference with similar quality, try vivo nex S

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #2,275 of 5,166

Yes this is hard to believe that there are no DAPs that do this efficiently apparently. I had the IBasso DX200 which was supposed to do offline Tidal. Unfortunately it did not work well for me so I sold it. I am now using my IPhone 7 but I really miss the sound of the DX200.
After a lot of reading the consensus seems to be the LGV30 is a solid choice. I am an apple user I am afraid so will see whether the IPhone XR or XS improves my experience.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #2,276 of 5,166
Yes this is hard to believe that there are no DAPs that do this efficiently apparently. I had the IBasso DX200 which was supposed to do offline Tidal. Unfortunately it did not work well for me so I sold it. I am now using my IPhone 7 but I really miss the sound of the DX200.
After a lot of reading the consensus seems to be the LGV30 is a solid choice. I am an apple user I am afraid so will see whether the IPhone XR or XS improves my experience.

You could keep your Iphone as your phone and use an LG V30 as your player. That's what I do. Works well but I do wonder about sound quality vs the higher end DAPs out there (ie. AK).

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #2,277 of 5,166
You could keep your Iphone as your phone and use an LG V30 as your player. That's what I do. Works well but I do wonder about sound quality vs the higher end DAPs out there (ie. AK).

Yes I currently considering a few things and this is one of them.....the big drawback of course is two devices to carry around. I will be getting an IPhone XR or XS in a few months time so I may wait and see how that sounds.
I can only compare the IPhone to the DX200 i had and there is quite a drop in sound quality I think.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #2,279 of 5,166
anyone compare lg v30 vs sony zx300 dap?

if compare with 4.4 port of zx300, zx300 has better clarity and blacker background with immersive bass while v30 everything feels too lean.

if compare with 3.5 port of zx300, zx300 is still better but in a smaller margin.

4.4 is another level.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #2,280 of 5,166
I am astonished how crappy my Samsung Note 9 is for audio playback. They can't even drive my new Audeze LCD-2CB's without my having to use a software option-- in this case the Volume Booster GoodEV app from the Android Play Store. I may consider a switch to another cell phone soon.
Back in the day I picked up the Samsung Note 5. I was surprised at the poor audio quality, too. But also what surprised me was how it dropped calls. Any trees around and calls were dropped. It took me awhile to realize what was happening. I took it back for LG. It was much better for me. The Note 5 had just come out so perhaps it improved after the first update. I like Samsung mSD cards, and other Samsung products. But, that experience has continued to make me skeptical of Samsung audio performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back