Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #2,071 of 5,162
Hi, i just bought sony 1000XM3
And looking for a good phone to pair with it.
I saw sony xz2 compact and it said that it has sony “High Resolution Audio” does it really make any differences?
I want to to listen using Bluetooth wirelessly, is there any advantage using a sony branded phone with sony head phone ? Because in the box it says things like “high resolution audio” “DSEE HX” ”LDAC” .
I was planning to get an iPhone xs or samsung galaxy S9
But if the Sony xz2 compact will give me better sound quality when playing music with my sony 1000xM3 then I’ll definitely buy the later.

Thank you guys, hope someone can help me here.

Anything with LDAC is same. So I recommend S9 as it has better overall camera.

Nov 23, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,072 of 5,162
Anything with LDAC is same. So I recommend S9 as it has better overall camera.
Oh ok
Does iphone xs have LDAC ?

And what about sony’s DSEE HX and Hi Res Audio thingy ? They don’t make a differences?

Nov 23, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #2,073 of 5,162
Iphone no LDAC.

DSEE HX is just upscaling for mp3, not helping that much imo.

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #2,074 of 5,162
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #2,075 of 5,162
Hello guys, long time didn't typed. Well upgraded my hardware, from meizu pro 5 to the V30+ and iam dssappointed. Meizu pro 5 playing louder, quality same or pro 5 is better. Maybe better because impact from pro 5 is way better, since it is more powerful. Since i love drum and bass so much, damn how could i listed "Jade - Tv Says" without impact? I need a way how to improve LG V30+ sound quality and power without any jack's, only via software.

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #2,076 of 5,162
Hello guys, long time didn't typed. Well upgraded my hardware, from meizu pro 5 to the V30+ and iam dssappointed. Meizu pro 5 playing louder, quality same or pro 5 is better. Maybe better because impact from pro 5 is way better, since it is more powerful. Since i love drum and bass so much, damn how could i listed "Jade - Tv Says" without impact? I need a way how to improve LG V30+ sound quality and power without any jack's, only via software.
Exact same thoughts on lg v30+, comming from zte axon mini 2016, that was very impactful with Dolby Atmos :) I think we need aggressive V shaped earbuds/headphones to get more satisfaction. Gonna buy iBasso IT01 earbuds.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #2,077 of 5,162
Exact same thoughts on lg v30+, comming from zte axon mini 2016, that was very impactful with Dolby Atmos :) I think we need aggressive V shaped earbuds/headphones to get more satisfaction. Gonna buy iBasso IT01 earbuds.
Looks like not :) Give to me abit time ... looks like i found how to enable true amp power at the low ohm mode. Most of peoples in the web made wrong changes in mixer_paths_tavil.xml.

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #2,078 of 5,162
who have already rooted V30, lets check, find mixer_paths_tavil.xml could be in system/etc, if not then vendor/etc.

Inside of it find
<!-- ESS DAC START -->
there will be
<path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
and then look on <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="1" /> ... value should be changed to 2, like i understood it is impedance mode, can be changed to the 3, looks like it is AUX mode will be at the low impedance headphones.

Maybe i'am listened to much music today and my ears joking on me ... but i really feel big difference now in power and quality. If someone used Whiskeyomega mod from xda, i think better to bring back stock mixer_paths_tavil.xml, since his modes only make gains higher. Maybe iam wrong, lets check together.

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,081 of 5,162
Nov 27, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #2,082 of 5,162
who have already rooted V30, lets check, find mixer_paths_tavil.xml could be in system/etc, if not then vendor/etc.

Inside of it find
<!-- ESS DAC START -->
there will be
<path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
and then look on <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="1" /> ... value should be changed to 2, like i understood it is impedance mode, can be changed to the 3, looks like it is AUX mode will be at the low impedance headphones.

Maybe i'am listened to much music today and my ears joking on me ... but i really feel big difference now in power and quality. If someone used Whiskeyomega mod from xda, i think better to bring back stock mixer_paths_tavil.xml, since his modes only make gains higher. Maybe iam wrong, lets check together.

I'm not rooted yet :xf_eek: tho my lg earphones got a nice burn in now they sound better lol. BTW which ROM did u use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back