1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last
  1. Thearcade12
    Yeah i remember my case with LG last year. Got really excited when V30+ launched in my country only to be disappointed by the defective panels twice back to back. Got frustrated and bought S8 later. I haven't yet decided whether to get G7 now or wait for V40. It will not be Nex S that's for sure but nothing is certain. I will most probably decide in next 10 days.

2. fabrusso80
    Do you think that the LG v30 can have some chronical problem with OLED panel?

3. AlisGelida
    Absolutely yes, those are some shots of my V30s,.all of them showing weird brightness issues in something had to be pure black. Here you go: https://m.imgur.com/a/P02yf

4. fabrusso80
    So bad news for me that today I was thinking to give the order of V30+.
    What other audiophile phone?

5. cj3209
    I had a V30+. The screen was fine. If you buy used, you take your chances although I don't think LG makes it anymore.

6. AlisGelida
    They upgraded OLED technology on V40, so chanches are minimal now. By the way, battery life seems worse and not so optimized like it was on V30, as early reviewers are saying on the web. It has the same DAC chip you find on G7 and V30 tho.

7. r3nren
    Can't wait to get my hands on V40.

John Buchanan, CEO at Meridian Audio comments, “We are both thrilled and excited to continue to develop our innovative partnership with LG, in what is a first for Meridian. Despite being a challenging environment to work within due to its compact size, we have been able to use our expertise and pioneering technologies to create a cutting-edge device in collaboration with LG. This is a major step forward that will deliver high-quality, natural sound to anyone, anywhere.”

8. bencherian
    Vivo Nex. Hope Nex 2 will launch next year

9. bencherian
    Meridian audio just tunes the sound output only right ? Am not sure if they have any role in hardware modification in V40.

10. r3nren
    Sounds like Meridian Audio have modified the setup to certain extent since they mentioned challenge working on compact setup. Look forward to hear how they have tuned V40. There are some many daps around with the same dac but with different sound signature depending on how they are tuned.

11. oliwek2
    To me, it 'sounds like' a bunch of PR noise from Meridian. I'm really curious about any hardware work they'd made 'in this tiny space'.

12. ljnew
    How is the note 9 audio? Does it compare to v30?

13. ljnew
    Which sounds better than note9?

14. ljnew
    Is the note 9 better

15. cj3209
    If sound quality is the MAIN focus for a smartphone, then the LG phones are it, AFAIC. But if you want a great phone with decent sound quality, there are a lot of options out there that are cheaper than the Note 9. But if you have to have the RAM and storage capabilities, pen, and other Samsung-only features like desktop mode, then the Note 9 is KING.

I'm sort of stuck using Verizon (CDMA) so I can't use GSM phones that most of the other companies use. I wish I could because phones from Vivo and OnePlus look intriguing to me.

My two cents.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    ljnew likes this.
First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last