Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,951 of 5,166
I have done a little research about the phones that were talking here in the forum...
I will write down the prices in TL (Turkish Lira) and another important think is that the minimum wage in Turkey is 1600-1700TL monthly.
--Meizu Pro7 Plus Chipset Helio X30 MediaTek MT6799 Ram:6GB storage 128gb Cirrus cs43130 price 2799TL (black)
--Vivo Nex S I couldn't find in Turkey
--LgV30+ Chipset 835 Ram:4Gb storage 128gb ESS Sabre 9218 IPX8 2900TL (black, silver)
--LgV20 Chipset 820 Ram:4Gb storage 64gb ESS Sabre 9218 No IPX8 2800TL (+ B&O + extra battery ). Without extras 2700TL (The sound chip is the same with V30+, so no difference??)
--LG G7ThinQ Chipset 845 Quad Dac DTS: X 3d Sorround Sound (I couldn't find some info about sound chip) storage 64Gb IPX8 3893TL
--Vivo xplay 6 No in Turkey
--Oneplus 6 Chipset: 845 Ram: 8Gb storage 128gb Dirac Hd sound 4600TL (no authorized service just importer warranty)
--Meizu Pro 6Plus No in Turkey
--Sony Xperia XZ premium Chipset 835 Hi-Res Audio (I couldn't find some info about sound chip) storage 64Gb IPX8 4000TL
--Sony Xperia XZ1 is like the premium one. I couldn't find the difference in term of sound.
I couldn't find any advice of Samsung, HTC, Iphone, Xiaomi, Asus Zenphones or Huawei phones. Are bad in term of sound or what?
Which one could be more compatible with my Fiio F9 Pro I bought this headphone 1 month ago at the price of 1000TL now is 1220+. I prefer to use this headphone when I'm not doing sport as I'm exude too much I don't want to damage the headphone. Of course if I buy a phone doesn't have any headphone I will use the F9pro.
Sorry it's too long but I'm a little bit confused. Thank you in advance.

Very high prices concerning the minimum wage. I own meizu pro 7 it has the same dac as meizu pro 7 plus you listed. Sound quality is great i am very satisfied(i boughted 200euros quite cheap) ,but my opinion is to get lgv30+ (from what i read it has the best sound quality of all you listed) and also price is only 100 lyra more than meizu pro 7 plus( in greece v30+ costs 500 euros but i think it doesnt have 2 years warranty ) . Lgv20 has the same dac as v30 but v30 dac is better configured as far as software_drivers. Also v20 is not much cheaper than v30+ . (100 lyra difference)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #1,952 of 5,166
Very high prices concerning the minimum wage. I own meizu pro 7 it has the same dac as meizu pro 7 plus you listed. Sound quality is great i am very satisfied(i boughted 200euros quite cheap) ,but my opinion is to get lgv30+ (from what i read it has the best sound quality of all you listed) and also price is only 100 lyra more than meizu pro 7 plus( in greece v30+ costs 500 euros but i think it doesnt have 2 years warranty ) . Lgv20 has the same dac as v30 but v30 dac is better configured as far as software_drivers. Also v20 is not much cheaper than v30+ . (100 lyra difference)
With LG V20 they give B&O headphone + battery maybe for this the price is close to v30+.
Do you think it's worth the difference of 1000TL from LGthinQ G7?
What about the other brands?

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #1,953 of 5,166
Lg v20 too expensive in your country ah.

Better get v30. It seems to be better price performance.

Or would you consider buying dap instead. Dx120 is one of very good choice. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #1,954 of 5,166
Lg v20 too expensive in your country ah.

Better get v30. It seems to be better price performance.

Or would you consider buying dap instead. Dx120 is one of very good choice. :)
With Lenovo Vibe K5 I'm not so happy with a broken screen.... So I will prefer to buy a new phone....But in the future I will consider your advice... Thanks.
What do you think about the other brands?

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #1,955 of 5,166
I am not considering other phones except LG and vivo for good audio. If vivo is not an option, LG is only option.

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,957 of 5,166
I am not considering other phones except LG and vivo for good audio. If vivo is not an option, LG is only option.

Hi i would like a opinion from you. Searching so far from this post and net... Vivo and Lg are current audiophile grade phones. But i can't get over it's os. I sold G6 even within 4 months due to that os.

Question is..

Am planning
1. Either go for Lg series again probably V50 or G8 or Vivo Nex 2 if at all launching.
2. Oneplus 7 or 7t and go WIRELESS with RHA M390.

I have Xduoo Xd-05 dac/amp for serious listening.

What's your take on it?

Can RHA M390 wireless will sound as good as say Fiio FH1 or Sennheiser in-ear momentum ??

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,959 of 5,166
Ok bois, I've placed again my order for Vivo Nex S, this time on a reliable worldwide site. Shipping will take two to three weeks, I'll let you know how this baby sounds in comparison to my LG HiFi Plus in High and Max Gain (AUX and High Impedance mode, just like LG ESS DAC phones).

From an italian reviewer I've also got to see how Vivo NEX A (standard version, only for asian market) strangely kicks up the amplifier/volume "only" with in-box included earphones... which I guess they are XE800 (51 Ohm). I'm suspecting DACs on Vivo NEX A and S work just like on the Meizu Pro 5: with every pair of low impedance headphones it just uses one amplifier, but if an adapter or a power-hungry headset is connected, then... boom.

Hope to get it soon and learn more about this. I'll let you know immediately.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #1,960 of 5,166
Ok bois, I've placed again my order for Vivo Nex S, this time on a reliable worldwide site. Shipping will take two to three weeks, I'll let you know how this baby sounds in comparison to my LG HiFi Plus in High and Max Gain (AUX and High Impedance mode, just like LG ESS DAC phones).

From an italian reviewer I've also got to see how Vivo NEX A (standard version, only for asian market) strangely kicks up the amplifier/volume "only" with in-box included earphones... which I guess they are XE800 (51 Ohm). I'm suspecting DACs on Vivo NEX A and S work just like on the Meizu Pro 5: with every pair of low impedance headphones it just uses one amplifier, but if an adapter or a power-hungry headset is connected, then... boom.

Can use adapter for high gain activation.

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,964 of 5,166

Good choice, users on xda are reporting that they are getting 10 hours of sot in single charge. Sounds too good to be true but there are screenshots backing their claim. I would like to know your take on this once you get your hands on it apart from sound department.

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,965 of 5,166
Good choice, users on xda are reporting that they are getting 10 hours of sot in single charge. Sounds too good to be true but there are screenshots backing their claim. I would like to know your take on this once you get your hands on it apart from sound department.
Sure. I write articles and reviews for an italian blog, Evosmart, and got to know about the NEX A and S through my editor in chief. He always got 6 to 9 hours with moderate usage, he was the guy suggested me this phone because of the DAC and top notch battery life, since I was looking for something better-lasting after selling my V20 and had awful problems with 3 LG V30s OLED pannels, which in low light showed spots where color gradients and brightness were uneven. Couldn't accept that from a 2017 flagship. Luckily, the AMOLED on NEX S is made by Samsung, so I've got any worries this time.

I'll also write an extended Audio review for NEX S as I did for Redmi Note 5, but, you know, it will be in italian. Sorry for maccheronyng.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back