Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Sep 7, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #1,847 of 5,166
During the last year, I've been looking for an audiophile smartphone, I've bought the Axon 7, HTC 10, MI A1, and the S9+. First of all, the Axon 7 has a good sound but I can feel the music is coming out of my car's speakers not 3d which I didn't like. The HTC 10, has a very good sound but the issue is I can feel the music being all around not symmetrical (will explain that in a bit). MI A1, not particularly an audiophile phone although it has a DAP but the hissing sound can't be tolerated although it had the best stage to me in comparison to the first two. S9+, This is the ultimate, the sound in the car feels like I'm inside a balloon, the bass comes from the middle and my back, the highs will hit super clearly (it's just like being symmetrical, I can feel the lows from behind, the high hit from the front, all neat and clean) that was not the case with my S8 last year which didn't have the Dolby Atmos, and by the way, the only phone that has enough power for me on bluetooth was this, all the others were rubbish on bluetooth and I extensively tested and tuned the phone for 3 months each currently through AUX (the bluetooth thing was extra).
You need to revert to nougat rom to have the best sound quality with mia1. The amp of this phone is very powerful!!!!(nougat rom) and in oreo rom there is a magisk module that reverts audio quality and loudness like in nougat.
I didnt have any hissing issues with the headphones i used(ie8 hd600 several xiaomi ).

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #1,848 of 5,166
For any HUAWEI P20 or P20 Pro users (Possibly Mate also, or other Type-C Huawei phones).

It looks like there is finally a small DAC amp available.

The stock sound is OKAY, but really lacks volume. I hope this little box will do a good job of improving the audio, I pre-ordered one and will let you know how it is, if anyone here is interested.

d6pippt9hhl11.jpg

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,849 of 5,166
For any HUAWEI P20 or P20 Pro users (Possibly Mate also, or other Type-C Huawei phones).

It looks like there is finally a small DAC amp available.

The stock sound is OKAY, but really lacks volume. I hope this little box will do a good job of improving the audio, I pre-ordered one and will let you know how it is, if anyone here is interested.

d6pippt9hhl11.jpg

I really doubt this as huawei phone doesnt concentrate on audio much. But I will wait your impression.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #1,851 of 5,166
Which phone do you guys think I should get?
1) Le Max pro x900
2) LG V10
3) LG V20
4) Lenovo Vibe X3
5) Vivo Nex S
6) Vivo Xplay 6 (or)
7) HTC 10

Thanks in advance!

Xplay6

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,853 of 5,166
Why Xplay 6 ? Isn't it too old phone to recommend ? Software support has probably been stopped by now for it

Other phones in the list is also older. Nex S having android8 but it doesnt improve sound night and day.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #1,854 of 5,166
Other phones in the list is also older. Nex S having android8 but it doesnt improve sound night and day.

Hmm well am waiting for your next year audio updates . If everything be oke probably Vivo Nex 2 hope they don't screw with the audio or probably be better than Xplay 6.

For a bit more hig end listening audio i use Xduoo Xd-05 external dac/amp . Does this Vivo nex support USB audio output via otg ?
By the way have you tried Xd-05? How would you rate it ?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,856 of 5,166
Hmm well am waiting for your next year audio updates . If everything be oke probably Vivo Nex 2 hope they don't screw with the audio or probably be better than Xplay 6.

For a bit more hig end listening audio i use Xduoo Xd-05 external dac/amp . Does this Vivo nex support USB audio output via otg ?
By the way have you tried Xd-05? How would you rate it ?

Didnt try that dac. I mostly tried DAP. Dac/amp is not my interest.

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #1,857 of 5,166
1. Xplay6 = nex S
2 Letv x900
3. LG V20
4. LG V10
5. Lenovo
6. HTC10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back