Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Mar 2018)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last
  1. Jerda
    I have to say That I have a friend that has tried almost every flagship and now he has the Vivo X20 plus... he's super happy of it, he say that while the vivo has the snapdragon 660 the performance has nothing to envy to sd835 phone, the screen is just perfect ( it's only a wider Full HD and is better than a bigger resolution like on many flagship: there's no need of it on a phone yet and it's less work for battery and SoC) and the audio is blowing. SUGGESTED.

2. Jerda
    I have to say That I have a friend that has tried almost every flagship and now he has the Vivo X20 plus... he's super happy of it, he say that while the vivo has the snapdragon 660 the performance has nothing to envy to sd835 phone, the screen is just perfect ( it's only a wider Full HD and is better than a bigger resolution like on many flagship: there's no need of it on a phone yet and it's less work for the battery and SoC) and the audio is blowing. SUGGESTED.

3. Nomolos
    So got the V30 yesterday and it seems like a real weapon! One thing id love to get around is turning the DAC feauture on while i am using Bluetooth to send music to my streamer... Is there any workaround here? Its requesting a phisically connection to the 3.5 jack.

Thanks!

4. TrucknHemi
    I tested 3 terminal apps and all showed "Unknown ID: tinymix"

5. oliwek2
    No workaround. When you use bluetooth you send a digital signal that is converted to analogue (to sound) in the bluetooth recieving device, your car autoradio in this case. The DAC (digital to analogue converter) used cannot be the one from the sending device. From experience with V20 + bluetooth autoradio though, the sound is quite good (for a BT signal).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Nomolos likes this.
  6. omgarlala
    Nothing will beat wired connection i.e. 3.5mm aux, etc. as compared to wireless connection which I have felt the differences during a demo session. The closest thing that can be on par to a wired connection is BT 4.0 according the audio expert that mods my car stereos which most car OEM headunits aren't built in with

7. Sebilion
    Yes it is.

8. lantian
    Type it like this :
    Su
    tinymix

nothing more needs to be done, for me tinymix logs work with either rom toolbox or busybox, but they should work with any terminal.
    Hope you get it to work, otherwise let me know perhaps i can be more of a help later once I get home.

TrucknHemi likes this.
  9. shimigg
    So , after considering, I have two options :

Both are transports only.

1. V20
    2. Galaxy s3 + dragonfly red or other portable amp

What would you choose?

10. Turkleton
    It all depends on what you want.

Are you looking for a dap to use for commuting to work?

Is it going to be used mostly in transport or on the desk at office?

Are you willing to have to handle (and most likely carry an extra bag) for connective wires and the external dac+amp? Or are you willing to stash that big chunk of electronics in your pocket?

If you're gonna use it for commute, then go with the v20.

If you're gonna use it only on the desk at office/at home, then get the s3 with dragonfly.

If you're just gonna be using iems and wont have any full sized cans which need real juice, stick with the s3+dragonfly.

11. ljnew
    No you don't need amp, just root.

12. ljnew
    V20 and be done with it. On sale at Amazon with 30 day return see v20

13. TheUnknow
    Meizu Pro 5 , Pro 6 Plus , LG V20 , Xiaomi Mi Note , ZTE ...

There is one think i'd like to know , and i didn't find any answer to that :

- Which one has a stock music app with multiple functionnality ? Like thousand of playlist editing option , sorting option ...

My reference is Samsung Music , for Samsung Galaxy devices , for those who know ...

14. shimigg
    Is there a difference between v10 and v20 in audio? Or it's the same DAC on both, I want it for audio only so the rest doesn't matter.

15. docentore
    My Meizu Mx4 Pro decided to give up on me. I have to say as phone it aged really quickly, was sluggish and stuck on Android 5. But musically it was simply gorgeous.

I've got myself ZTE Axon 7 thinking it will be good replacement. But Poweramp doesn't work with AKM dac in hi-res mode as far as I can see and hear. Stock player is terrible, slow and plays everything in alphabetical order.
    I feel that phone has little power - I have to crank volume up to get nice sound (using easy to drive Thinksounds on2) . One I do it's s not bad at all, comparable to Cayin N3 which has same DAC.

2 questions if anyone has experience with Axon
    1. What's the power output?
    2. Any way / player that would use AKM DAC?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last