Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Oct 30, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #647 of 5,166
Hi,

Im interested to buy a Fiio K1 USB DAC for my on-the-go purposes considering my LG V10 is very poor on battery life. I carried two phones LG V10 and Nexus 6p. Audio on Nexus 6p are not that great so I was hoping that the Fiio K1 could somehow make it a little bit better so it could be the perfect backup for music listening.

However i mostly listens to music through Spotify extreme quality, does the Fiio K1 works with Spotify or only works for stock music player?

Thanks

K1 should be better than the 6p by a fair margin but not better than V10, how about extended battery for your V10? Or a Fiio Q1 if it's for home use I think is better and has a stronger amp but of course a little more bulky, I use v20 on the go and the Q1 at home and it sounds very nice either as DAC/amp or amp only.

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #649 of 5,166
Really envy your smartphone collection.

How does it fair against letv x900?

Meizu Pro5 is a king of vocal and surrounding 3D soundstage. while letv x900 is king of rock music with expansive soundstage. :sunglasses:

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #650 of 5,166
Meizu Pro5 is a king of vocal and surrounding 3D soundstage. while letv x900 is king of rock music with expansive soundstage. :sunglasses:

With that xda mod, sound has matured a lot. It no longer have the bass and treble that makes x900 king of rock imo. What we get now is just pure fidelity without any additives. It's like clear water with no taste and color of it's own.

You should try it, if pro5 supports root.

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #651 of 5,166
K1 should be better than the 6p by a fair margin but not better than V10, how about extended battery for your V10? Or a Fiio Q1 if it's for home use I think is better and has a stronger amp but of course a little more bulky, I use v20 on the go and the Q1 at home and it sounds very nice either as DAC/amp or amp only.

But will the K1 or Q1 works with Spotify?

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #652 of 5,166
But will the K1 or Q1 works with Spotify?

With OTG cable my Q1 works with Spotify most people forget to turn off the charging switch at the bottom which when on will usually stop playback after each song, it also works with Tidal, Google Music and even YouTube, tested on Moto G4 plus and V20 the K1 should be the same I also read on Amazon that it does

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #655 of 5,166
If you are using OTG connection with the Q1 the DAC is activated, if you use aux then it's only the amp, if you have a Oneplus 5 or V20 you will need a USB type C to micro USB adapter because the Fiio is micro USB
Im using Q1mkii, using OTG cable to micro USB on my Moto G5 Plus (sold my Oneplus 5 already..sad...)..
but how to know the DAC is activated? there is this LED light on the DAC...

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #656 of 5,166
Im using Q1mkii, using OTG cable to micro USB on my Moto G5 Plus (sold my Oneplus 5 already..sad...)..
but how to know the DAC is activated? there is this LED light on the DAC...

Just did some reading on the mkii it seems to work the same....no led but as long as you are using otg to your G5 the DAC/amp is active just make sure to turn off the charging switch while connected to the phone if it has one , I find high gain to give a more dynamic sound even at low volumes try it out

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #657 of 5,166
Just did some reading on the mkii it seems to work the same....no led but as long as you are using otg to your G5 the DAC/amp is active just make sure to turn off the charging switch while connected to the phone if it has one , I find high gain to give a more dynamic sound even at low volumes try it out
noted
there's no charging switch if im not mistaken
high gain gives me more volume, low gain the volume is too low
ill try it out.
thx....

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #658 of 5,166
With that xda mod, sound has matured a lot. It no longer have the bass and treble that makes x900 king of rock imo. What we get now is just pure fidelity without any additives. It's like clear water with no taste and color of it's own.

You should try it, if pro5 supports root.

Letv max support native Hi Res setting on neutron. I use it and got the sound that you describe. No mod is needed. :wink:

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #659 of 5,166
Letv max support native Hi Res setting on neutron. I use it and got the sound that you describe. No mod is needed. :wink:
Well in my case all that high res setting did was use about the same path, as poweramp was using all the time. Vibe x3 still had it's sound tuning and "audio engine" active without the mod. after modding it sound more natural again.

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #660 of 5,166
Well in my case all that high res setting did was use about the same path, as poweramp was using all the time. Vibe x3 still had it's sound tuning and "audio engine" active without the mod. after modding it sound more natural again.

Maybe it depends on device. I think I will accumulate these input into the first post too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back