Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 6, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #3,901 of 5,166
Asus Rog Phone 5 has ESS sabre DAC and 3.5 headphone jack and dualstereo speakers
Can u tell me one thing. As u know, g8/v50 same us like v30(btw have booth, v30 and 50) doesnt play flawlessly without aux tricking, but i prefer to root them and change some system files, to disable AVC and use low gain mode as high mode. With this modifications ur amp always giving 100% power and phones play even better and cleaner with low volume(i prefer to listen at the 100% volume anyway). And here is a question. Does Asus rog 5 playing with same power or even better? Or maybe u didnt tried to use ur LG at the max power and for u always been enough this power? I just want to understand, is it worth to buy asus or vivo iqoo 7. Because some manufactures gives u just 70-80% of the power, they take care about ur ears:) since lg v70 would be the last phone from lg, need to find a way. Btw. Did u bought it from ali or global version?

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #3,904 of 5,166
Do you guys think it's better to use Sony Xperia 5 mi II together with Quadelix or buy Asus rog 5 and plug in the headphones to it directly? I use iems (EE Legend X)
Qudelix can also be used as wired USB DAC so, any day it will sound better than quad dac as Qudelix will also give you ability to use 2.5mm balanced out IEMs directly through your smartphone

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #3,905 of 5,166
Do you guys think it's better to use Sony Xperia 5 mi II together with Quadelix or buy Asus rog 5 and plug in the headphones to it directly? I use iems (EE Legend X)
It depends on your usage and liking, i'd say.

Do you want a device with great durability bc of 6k mAh battery and good sound w/o needing a sd-card slot, go for the Asus.

If you want a small device with good performance, sd-card and close to pure android system ( faster updates incl. ), go with the Sony and Qudelix.
Plus for this is the ability to use the dac/amp via bluetooth or usb and you can connect it to a PC as your dac/amp easily. :wink:

The sound "quality" of the Qudelix isn't as good as the Quad-Dac of the Asus ( if properly integrated ) but it has a higher value bc of its versatility and more power to spare, imo.

Eyeing on a Sony too.

Can't go w/o a sd-card slot, so the majority of todays smartphones are out of sight for me.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #3,906 of 5,166
If you want a small device with good performance, sd-card and close to pure android system ( faster updates incl. ), go with the Sony and Qudelix.
Plus for this is the ability to use the dac/amp via bluetooth or usb and you can connect it to a PC as your dac/amp easily. :wink:
but why u didn't offered fiio btr5, ibasso dc03, e1da ?:) I think in this list e1da would be better, isn't it?

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #3,907 of 5,166
but why u didn't offered fiio btr5, ibasso dc03, e1da ?:) I think in this list e1da would be better, isn't it?
Bc of the question of @Bluecactus123 . :wink:
Guess he has made up his mind about bluetooth dac/amps.

Apr 10, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #3,912 of 5,166
Asus Rog Phone 5 has ESS sabre DAC and 3.5 headphone jack and dualstereo speakers
does it support tidal mqa streaming?

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #3,914 of 5,166
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #3,915 of 5,166
A quick update on Xperia 5 Mk II. This is a much better source than LG V 30 (!), and presumably other V series phones since they all sound pretty much the same. Also I have just had a chat with a guy who has owned both phones as well as fiio m6 and he confirmed that Xperia is the best sounding of them all. I was really surprised that LG V 30 sounds worse than Xperia, i guess Sony doesn't have the recognition they deserve and very few people can say anything about their sound, let alone compare it to other devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back