Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
May 8, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,432 of 5,166
You don't if you are using your own files.

Hiby player outputs in bit perfect. My 2 separate DAC's display the bit rates output from the G6, it is bit-perfect via the Hiby.
That said, I don't use streaming, so whether its the same there is an unknown quantity to me.

Since he asked about qobuz, I answered based on that and yes if it is "LG music player" it should work bit perfect cuz it is programmed compatible with its own FW.

You stated about external dac so yes if you set usb bit perfect it will run bit perfect.

May 8, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #2,433 of 5,166
Need to.play via UAPP to get bit perfect

Play in qoobuz itself results in 48kHz.

I'd of hoped Qobuz used a direct to DAC method on android like they have on the PC. i.e. Qobuz users whom pay for a certain quality of music should be provided with software that plays that music as advertised and not have to buy third party software ( UAPP). i.e. If UAPP can play bit perfect audio on a LG V30 then so could Qobuz.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #2,434 of 5,166
(1)
What about Google Play Music?Is it maybe in the background using the Google Music Player? Maybe it is not "bit perfect" but at least stays at 44khz?

(2)
Is there any way to see what KHZ is currently used when playing music?

(1) 90% sure that this app not support bit perfect and will output in 48kHz android fix rate.

(2) Download neutron app
Play music from.some app
Go to audio hardware of neutron then click at
Screenshot_20190508-150532_Neutron.jpg
It will state ALSA which tells you what frequency you are playing

May 8, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #2,435 of 5,166
I'd of hoped Qobuz used a direct to DAC method on android like they have on the PC. i.e. Qobuz users whom pay for a certain quality of music should be provided with software that plays that music as advertised and not have buy third party software ( UAPP). i.e. If UAPP can play bit perfect audio on a LG V30 then so could Qobuz.

Very sad streaming app doesnt listen much to android users' comment.

Even Tidal app doesnt support you need UAPP at last.

May 8, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #2,436 of 5,166
Very sad streaming app doesnt listen much to android users' comment.

Even Tidal app doesnt support you need UAPP at last.

Ok thanks for the info. There is actually a relevent article on Qobuz " Uncovering the audio of the new LG V30 smartphone"
https://www.qobuz.com/GB-en/info/Qobuz-Vous/Uncovering-the-audio-of-the-new-LG179798

The article rambles on superficially (in the content of the Audio quality in regards to the Qobuz App)

To quote "The LG V30 smartphone includes an ES9018+ digital converter from the American manufacturer ESS, integrating four channels that can be used simultaneously (2 tracks in parallel for each stereo channel, which allows an improvement of the signal-to-noise ratio, Hi-Fi Quad DAC) or a single track per channel, in order to reproduce the audio read by this smartphone in Hi-Res or not."

Quite often it's what certain product providers don't actually say that "says" the most. E.g. If Qobuz did play bit perfect audio on a LG V30 they would say it. If it dosn't they won't mention it,unless specifically asked.

I have not used UAPP before. Is it generally a hassle free intergration if I use UAPP to play non- resampled music with Qobuz & UAPP?.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #2,437 of 5,166
Ok thanks for the info. There is actually a relevent article on Qobuz " Uncovering the audio of the new LG V30 smartphone"
https://www.qobuz.com/GB-en/info/Qobuz-Vous/Uncovering-the-audio-of-the-new-LG179798

The article rambles on superficially (in the content of Audio quality)

To quote "The LG V30 smartphone includes an ES9018+ digital converter from the American manufacturer ESS, integrating four channels that can be used simultaneously (2 tracks in parallel for each stereo channel, which allows an improvement of the signal-to-noise ratio, Hi-Fi Quad DAC) or a single track per channel, in order to reproduce the audio read by this smartphone in Hi-Res or not."

Quite often it's what certain product providers don't actually say that "says" the most. E.g. If Qobuz did play bit perfect audio on a LG V30 they would say it. If it dosn't they won't mention it,unless specifically asked.

I have not used UAPP before. Is it a generally hassle free intergration if I use UAPP to play non- resampled music with Qobuz & UAPP?.

From.article, I just interpret that "hey guys, check v30 out. It is cool, it has dedicate dac amp inside with hifi toggle, you should try it"

May 8, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #2,438 of 5,166
I have not used UAPP before. Is it a generally hassle free intergration if I use UAPP to play non- resampled music with Qobuz & UAPP?.

It is easy to use app. Just login qobuz in UAPP app but I believe it worked only with offline music (This is what I have heard in people comment, sorry I dont use streaming app)

You can buy app and check out. If you are not satisfied, you can ask for refund.

May 8, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #2,439 of 5,166
(1) 90% sure that this app not support bit perfect and will output in 48kHz android fix rate.

(2) Download neutron app
Play music from.some app
Go to audio hardware of neutron then click at

It will state ALSA which tells you what frequency you are playing

Any alternative maybe? I don't really want to buy the app just to check this :p (already got UAPP)

May 8, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #2,440 of 5,166
Any alternative maybe? I don't really want to buy the app just to check this :p (already got UAPP)

Neutron has free version. Period.

May 8, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #2,441 of 5,166

That's not the point. Buy the app to give you an idea of what the other app is doing which in turn is trying to do what android should be doing in the first instance :wink:. Too many "middle men" make a very inefficient system. As an analogy, it's like the planets screwed energy generation systems which are screwing the climate/environment. The tech is available for culture to generate all it's energy needs (with an efficient energy demand) from cleaner/safer/healthier renewable energy (Air Travel should get their eventuality. Electric Jets are being developed). But, too many middle "men" within the temporary/unsustainable "business as usual" fossil fuel energy infrastructure. ( “middle men” as that's the typically phrase used when unnecessary costs are added to a system).

May 8, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2,443 of 5,166
If I'm not wrong, Poweramp can do the job too, has free version and is much more user friendly (and better aesthetics). I use it to play wav albums downloaded from Bandcamp and Tidal for the rest.

May 8, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #2,444 of 5,166
If I'm not wrong, Poweramp can do the job too, has free version and is much more user friendly (and better aesthetics). I use it to play wav albums downloaded from Bandcamp and Tidal for the rest.

Beta version can do with Hires setting. But it is for some model and some are buggy with. Also it cannot do FTP and UPNP (network playback)

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #2,445 of 5,166
Beta version can do with Hires setting. But it is for some model and some are buggy with. Also it cannot do FTP and UPNP (network playback)

Yes, you're right :thumbsup: I know about not all models being supported, but can be easily checked first and it always worked flawlessly for me (Samsung Exynos and whatever has Redmi Note 5 inside, that sounds amazingly well -apart of Snapdragon 636). Did not know it could be buggy on some models, but bought it quite some years ago, when bugs were here and there more than nowadays and didn't think about it. Did not think about FTP and UPNP either :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back