1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last
  1. sorieno
    1.Listen it with hi-res audio players (for example hibymusic is free) with dolby on/off.
    2.Download the app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw&hl=en_US
    If you like the sound, keep it.:)

2. cannondt
    @sorieno
    Will follow those steps. I have a pair of Senn HD 202, will they suffice as far as wired option goes?

3. DaniRojo
    Thank you guys, I didn't think about looking for it through its codename. Too bad they don't show which dac/amp is there in the headphones out. Does anyone know? I'm just curious.

4. artpiggo
    Camera so good. I can confirm it is same level as pixel 3xl. I didnt test its sound yet though.

You can see photo in this group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/799869356843888/

AlisGelida likes this.
  5. AlisGelida
    I can't see a thing 'cause I'm not part of that group, but thank you anyways :) Waiting for more info about its sound. Hope that DAC/AMP got the same output power of NEX' S combo, and maybe less bassy. That would be just perfect ♥

6. artpiggo
    Just request to join a group and I will grant access to you.

AlisGelida likes this.
  7. wwyjoe
    IMG_20190505_170936.JPG My audio bliss:

- Vivo Nex S
    - 8-wire Lionheart pigtail adapter (to trigger all three amps in Nex S)
    - 8-wire Lionheart cable
    - Noble Audio Encore customs

artpiggo likes this.
  8. jagwap
    Just bought the LG G8. I am recovering fromva cold, but early signs with less than clear sinuses suggest an improvement on my G6 into my Sines. It doesn't say it is in high impedance mode, but it is definately louder when I do the inpedance trick.

9. artpiggo
    How is G8 sound?

10. artpiggo
    Very fantanstic setup for portable!

11. jagwap
    Right now? Like my right ear has some glue in it.

Let me get back to you.

12. Bio-Rhythm
    Hi,

Good work on the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...qU5orN8T18JCm3VllomhTWqsc/edit#gid=1804107602

I'm thinking of getting a LG V30 ( or similar) phone rather than a DAP for listenning to Qobuz music streaming service (16bit 44.1KHz). I would like more info as ;

V's

Quote https://darko.audio/2018/06/the-dap-days-are-over-part-3-lg-v30/

"As users of USB Audio Player Pro will attest, an Android smartphone’s software handling of the audio signal can have a pronounced effect on sound quality. The V30 sees a bit-perfect signal moved from input to output to effectively benefit all music playback."

Essentalliy I'm satisified with a 16bit 44.1Khz sampling rate. More than adaquate for me as I randomised double blind tested myself using my own music productions (A/B comparsion software) & on my audio equipment I could only reliably detect a significant (repeatable test) difference with audio files compressed below 128 kbps MP3. I'm sure the average teenage and younger ears would detect higher feq than me. Though it's not just what you can hear (detect) it's how you interpret that audio signal.

So will the LG V30 smart phone play "bit-perfect" audio playback for 16bit 44.1Khz flac files or will it be resampled via the android system?

Thanks

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. Starfinder
    Just saw the new google pixel 3a and e3a xl have 3.5mm audio jack and qualcomm aqstic.

Being a newbie here im not sure how well that stacks up but would like to find out

14. artpiggo
    Need to.play via UAPP to get bit perfect

Play in qoobuz itself results in 48kHz.

15. maxxevv
    You don't if you are using your own files.

Hiby player outputs in bit perfect. My 2 separate DAC's display the bit rates output from the G6, it is bit-perfect via the Hiby.
    That said, I don't use streaming, so whether its the same there is an unknown quantity to me.

First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last