Best Senheisser dedicated gaming headset for Counterstrike GO?
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Smiped

Head-Fier
Hi I was wondering which of Senheisser's gaming headsets have the best directional hearing for FPS games (for pinpointing footsteps, etc)

These are the 4 most expensive headphones of Senheisser's gaming lineup.

PC 363D (It is the most expensive, idk if that means it has the best directional hearing)
G4ME ZERO
G4ME ONE
PC 350 SE

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hi I was wondering which of Sennheisser's gaming headsets have the best directional hearing for FPS games (for pinpointing footsteps, etc)
These are the 4 most expensive headphones of Sennheisser's gaming lineup.
PC 363D (It is the most expensive, idk if that means it has the best directional hearing)
G4ME ZERO
G4ME ONE
PC 350 SE

Sennheiser HD558, used ones are currently selling for around $80.
The PC363D, G4ME ONE and HD558 (& HD598) all use the same 50-Ohm drivers.

You can get an aftermarket cable for the HD558, in one of five lengths ($14-$22) and it comes with the 3.5mm plug.
I doubt it improves audio quality, but it's nice getting a headphone cable in a useful length.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=560215640802&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

And get any add-on mic you like.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 5
I mean price is not a problem. So are you saying all those headsets I mentioned have the exact same quality of directional hearing because they have the exact same drivers?

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 5
  I mean price is not a problem. So are you saying all those headsets I mentioned have the exact same quality of directional hearing because they have the exact same drivers?

The diaphragms/drivers are the some, there might be minor differences in the cup design.
But so far I've never seen anything on the web that suggests one of the Sennheisers I've listed as being better then the other for FPS gaming.
What sources are you plugging the headphones into?
What about DAC or headphone amplifier?

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 5

The diaphragms/drivers are the some, there might be minor differences in the cup design.
But so far I've never seen anything on the web that suggests one of the Sennheisers I've listed as being better then the other for FPS gaming.
What sources are you plugging the headphones into?
What about DAC or headphone amplifier?

Well I am plugging my headphones into my laptop for gaming.
I haven't got my DAC/AMP yet but I am planning to get the Creative Sound Blaster Omni so that it is compatible with my laptop for FPS gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back