Best sealed over-ear headphones around 100$.
Apr 27, 2015 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Stuie299

New Head-Fier
So I'm sure this thread gets made all the time, but I'm still relatively new to actual headphones (by which I mean not in-ear buds). I'm sorry if there is a buying guide or something I should have consulted first. Per the thread title I'm looking for the best sealed over-ear headphones for around 100$. I'm willing to spend over 100$, but would like to exhaust all option under 100$ first. As far as sound quality goes I'm looking for something neutral/balanced with good clarity. Preferably something that doesn't require an amp. As always thanks for any and all help. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 13
No I want sealed/closed cans.

I will primarily be using them at home, but will occasionally travel with them. I will mostly be using them with my MacBook and iPod Classic.

I'm from the U.S., but I will probably buy them online so it doesn't really matter.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 13
  So I'm sure this thread gets made all the time, but I'm still relatively new to actual headphones (by which I mean not in-ear buds). I'm sorry if there is a buying guide or something I should have consulted first. Per the thread title I'm looking for the best sealed over-ear headphones for around 100$. I'm willing to spend over 100$, but would like to exhaust all option under 100$ first. As far as sound quality goes I'm looking for something neutral/balanced with good clarity. Preferably something that doesn't require an amp. As always thanks for any and all help. 

Yes, the buyers guide. You should have consulted it :wink:

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 13
The K553/K551s are easy to drive. I would not worry about it. They are designed to playback easily on most portable devices. Your Mac and iPod Classic should have no problems driving them. If you decide you want even more volume out of them, then you might consider a headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back