Best recorded rock/metal live albums?
Oct 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 18
I just listened to The Who - Live at Leeds yesterday. Great live recording.

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 18
Pink FLoyd The Wall concert is pretty good. The overall sound quality gets better as the album progresses for some reason, first couple of songs are pretty bad.

Metallica - S&M is pretty well recorded and a good concert as well. Some very moving stuff from Michael Kamen.

Riverside - 12:5. Has an interesting quality to it, it sounds great, but its slightly uneven. But a good concert and a good live recording.

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere. If you have the DVD, rip the audio, its well worth it and is their best live recording.

Opeth - Roundhouse Tapes . Good show, not exactly reference quality in terms of SQ, but full and punchy nevertheless. I find the crowd a bit annoying in spots.

Pearl Jam - Live at the Gorge (First disc) The first disc is very well recorded and sounds great, and is a very good show as well. The rest of the cds are decent, but inconsistent.

Govt Mule - Deepest End.

Iced Earth - Alive in Athens.

If you wanted me to pick one purely on a "best recorded" basis, it has to be Arriving Somewhere by Porcupine Tree. Listen to the middle part of the show, with Buying new Soul, Dont Hate me, So called Friend and Mother and Child Divided.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #18 of 18
For metal, my 2 favorites are:

Iron Maiden: Live After Death
Slayer: Decade of Aggression

Users who are viewing this thread

Back